PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 PM #1
michael90
a spyder to be reckoned

spyder sear tripping problem someone please help

i have an 03 heavily modified spyder imagine select all mods are in my sig,but gettin to the point im having a sear tripping issues,when i cock it and pull the trigger the solenoid will click but the sear wont release the hammer, i have to do a lot of trigger pulls to it wants to release and have to repeatedly do it,does anyone have any suggestions or help?
03' spyder imagine select-cp 2 piece 14' barrel,empire clamping feedneck,rocket valve,cp flame drop,half backed body,dye hyper 3 reg,extreme rage spring kit,dye sticky grip,macrolie,acs bolt,critical mg trigger kit,virtue board,polished internals,after marerket lpc,virtue break beam eyes,bob long eye covers,cupped striker,32 degrees missle velocity adjuster,empire z2 hopper,ninja 48/3000
michael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM #2
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I'm going to assume the battery is good because you mentioned that after a few trigger pulls it would finally release.

With that said, answer me this. What main spring are you using? (light, medium, hard)
A for the striker. You didn't mess with the lip of the striker, nor the sear did you?
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 PM #3
rethalis

Any dirt and or grime...or rust in the sear housing? (Where the sear connects to the trigger frame.)
rethalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM #4
michael90
a spyder to be reckoned

im using a medium-low velocity main spring,i called my proshop and a guy i know that works there said sometimes the sear spring could have to much to let the striker go,he said sometimes he stretches the springs and cuts laps off till the spring has just less enough tension to let go of the striker or he said uses springs in ballpoint pens for sear springs and says that works to and no there is no dirt or grime in it
03' spyder imagine select-cp 2 piece 14' barrel,empire clamping feedneck,rocket valve,cp flame drop,half backed body,dye hyper 3 reg,extreme rage spring kit,dye sticky grip,macrolie,acs bolt,critical mg trigger kit,virtue board,polished internals,after marerket lpc,virtue break beam eyes,bob long eye covers,cupped striker,32 degrees missle velocity adjuster,empire z2 hopper,ninja 48/3000
Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 AM #5
lpmaster

has been a member for 10 years
Those solenoids do wear out eventually but my first guess would be just a low battery. Also try getting one of the rechargeable 9.6volts
lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:48 AM #6
K_Group

has been a member for 10 years
K_Group works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpmaster View Post
Those solenoids do wear out eventually but my first guess would be just a low battery. Also try getting one of the rechargeable 9.6volts
If your battery is fully charged, take your solenoid out of the trigger frame. Remove the part that is inside the solenoid (kinda looks like a small umbrella)http://www.evpaintball.com/servlet/t...ctuator/Detail you can find one here. If this comes out in two pieces, then you need a new one.

If this doesn't work, hit up our tech support on Monday. 888-546-4626
The techs can walk you through and help you figure it out.
K_Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM #7
michael90
a spyder to be reckoned

No dirt or grime im usin medium-low maing spring
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 AM #8
michael90
a spyder to be reckoned

I just tried a lighter spring for my sear spring but that didnt cure it and @k group ill try that
Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 PM #9
Impy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael90 View Post
I just tried a lighter spring for my sear spring but that didnt cure it and @k group ill try that
I had the same problem. Turned out to be the battery, but you could also check try to replace the capacitor if it is for sure not the battery. I checked your Sig and we have almost identical modded imagines... otterized?
Impy78 is offline   Reply With Quote