Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM #1
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
I understand the infraction, but delete the thread?!?!?

Here was the image in the thread.



Deleting this thread was a disservice to all properly-thinking individuals on this site, and around the world. Everyone should be educated about the detriments of women who have horrible vaginal odors, because according to this story, they are knife-wielding, crime-pursuant, mongers of epic (physical) proportions.

Please re-consider. You can save lives, and it starts with this thread.
That is all.
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.

Last edited by thebiglabowski : 11-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM #2
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy
 
Auctionjunkie!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Since it's a filter violation the offensive post had to be removed.
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM #3
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Jeez man, a little more humor please? You run a damn forum.
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 PM #4
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
We run a forum with a very diverse age group, and alot of those younger users don't need to see things like that.

Please remove the image from this thread as well, as it is still breaking our rules, even in this forum.
spug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM #5
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by spug View Post
We run a forum with a very diverse age group, and alot of those younger users don't need to see things like that.

Please remove the image from this thread as well, as it is still breaking our rules, even in this forum.
Alright buddy. I edited the photo, just for you. Now you can enjoy a language-safe image.

And it can go back in ST!
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM #6
USAFWD
Privates Investigator
 
USAFWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL
Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
No, do not put it back in ST. It is not appropriate content for PbNation.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM #7
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
No, do not put it back in ST. It is not appropriate content for PbNation.
Would you care to explain why a thread about a story directly from the news (however horrifying it may be, but still edited to remove non-PG13 words) is not appropriate content for ST? Meanwhile, a "bad story thread", "good story thread v. OP likes butts", "He keeps ****ing my *****, now I have Demi based God puppys.", a thread about how you lost your virginity, "what's your favorite gun", and a thread titled "Hey Guys, Hows it been?" are acceptable content for a PG-13 forum?


Or is it solely up to the discretion of the moderators on hand, or just what kind of mood they happen to be in...
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM #8
USAFWD
Privates Investigator
 
USAFWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL
Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
If you find a thread/post that you feel needs moderator attention then please report it. We can't read every thread/post on PbN. We rely on users to help us.

As for moderator discretion, of course some moderator discretion comes into play when moderating PbN.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM #9
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
If you find a thread/post that you feel needs moderator attention then please report it. We can't read every thread/post on PbN. We rely on users to help us.

As for moderator discretion, of course some moderator discretion comes into play when moderating PbN.
I wouldn't report a thread unless it was offensive or blatantly broke the rules.

None of the threads I listed I find offensive or in blatant violation of the rules, so personally, I wouldn't report any of them.

BUT, using the ultra-strict criteria you just did to justify the closing of my thread, it seems that you'd also need to delete every single one of the threads I just mentioned.

Or maybe a moderator just has a little bit of a predisposition against me because I challenged his "authority", when the majority of PbNation users would just accept a thread being closed and not clean it up to re-post.
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM #10
eforce
Factory PB
 
eforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglabowski View Post
Or maybe a moderator just has a little bit of a predisposition against me because I challenged his "authority", when the majority of PbNation users would just accept a thread being closed and not clean it up to re-post.
While the filter bypasses in the image are clear-cut violations and we appreciate you making an effort to bring your thread within the rules, the subject material isn't appropriate to begin with. As stated above, feel free to use the report to moderator link in any thread that appears to break the rules and someone will look into it for you.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM #11
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
While the filter bypasses in the image are clear-cut violations and we appreciate you making an effort to bring your thread within the rules, the subject material isn't appropriate to begin with. As stated above, feel free to use the report to moderator link in any thread that appears to break the rules and someone will look into it for you.
So what exactly is it about the subject matter that isn't appropriate? There are sex threads laden throughout PbNation, ones that your own moderators participate in.
There are also threads about attempts of violence all over this site...
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 PM #12
USAFWD
Privates Investigator
 
USAFWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL
Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
It was removed for the same reason you received the warning (which you say you understand)... it is not appropriate content for PbN.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM #13
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
It was removed for the same reason you received the warning (which you say you understand)... it is not appropriate content for PbN.
So then one without the inappropriate content, ie. no filthy words, would be ok?
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM #14
USAFWD
Privates Investigator
 
USAFWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL
Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
The nature of the content itself is not appropriate for PbN either. Just because you found a news story on the internet somewhere does not mean it is appropriate for PbN. Please do not post it again. Thank You.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 PM #15
thebiglabowski
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
The nature of the content itself is not appropriate for PbN either. Just because you found a news story on the internet somewhere does not mean it is appropriate for PbN. Please do not post it again. Thank You.
Then again, what exactly is it about the nature of the content? Is it the sex? Violence? C'mon, I don't want to post more questionable material, so what is it about the content that is inappropriate for PbNation?
__________________
.

Custom milled, gloss black Viking. Built to crush.
thebiglabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump