Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM #1
SqualeGanouche
 
 
SqualeGanouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Too much kick from my PM8!

Hey guys, well just like my title says it has too much kick.
I have it at all stock settings with the LPR at 3 1/2 turns outs. I just have no idea where to go from here to have a smoother shot. Help!
Thanks for all the replies in advanced!
__________________
BOOOOM
SqualeGanouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 AM #2
nonameputs
 
 
nonameputs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United States
nonameputs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nonameputs has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Isn't it supposed to be 2.5-3 turns on the LPR?
nonameputs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM #3
bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.
 
bunkerking_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: nine*eight*nine
bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
Stock PM8? Bump your dwell to 20 or 21, and turn your LPR down a smidge. Try three turns out.
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM #4
mymutter
I crack myself up!
 
mymutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the 847
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I would go dwell at 19 and start at 2 turns out (probably will have to go to 2.75-3 turns however, doesn't hurt to start low).
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM #5
SqualeGanouche
 
 
SqualeGanouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
I will try the newbsettings this weekend and let you know. And yes its all stock.
__________________
BOOOOM
SqualeGanouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:32 PM #6
SqualeGanouche
 
 
SqualeGanouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
those little changes did lessen the kick, thanks guys!
__________________
BOOOOM
SqualeGanouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM #7
joey da barber
Death B4 Dishonor !!!!
 
joey da barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: RAISED IN ELIZABETH NJ,
joey da barber owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joey da barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SqualeGanouche View Post
those little changes did lessen the kick, thanks guys!
Go on YouTube..and check on lot adjusting for a DM... One of the vids will be ****** ..Mike actually shows how to start from scratch in setting in correctly... Even tho its a DM its all the same pm and dm ....I hope this will help...
__________________
TOPGUN TEMPO
SWEENY TODD
TOPGUN PAINTBALL - EMINENT PAINTBALL
joey da barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM #8
mymutter
I crack myself up!
 
mymutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the 847
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
joey, are you just bumping month old threads for fun? whoreing your pm7 UL frame as well? very annoying.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 PM #9
joey da barber
Death B4 Dishonor !!!!
 
joey da barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: RAISED IN ELIZABETH NJ,
joey da barber owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joey da barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
joey, are you just bumping month old threads for fun? whoreing your pm7 UL frame as well? very annoying.
Excuse me sir ... But because its a month old ... It doesn't matter ,maybe he is still having the issue ... And second its not your thread to be saying any answer to what I posted .. and where I posted my pm7 is where people were looking for what I got ... When I needed something it took a awhile before I got it .. so stay in your lane ... If it annoys you don't read it ...thank you have a great night ..
__________________
TOPGUN TEMPO
SWEENY TODD
TOPGUN PAINTBALL - EMINENT PAINTBALL
joey da barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM #10
joey da barber
Death B4 Dishonor !!!!
 
joey da barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: RAISED IN ELIZABETH NJ,
joey da barber owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joey da barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
joey, are you just bumping month old threads for fun? whoreing your pm7 UL frame as well? very annoying.
Also he is looking for less kick ... And your saying put the Dwell up when stock is 18... So that would obviously give more kick .. so don't worry what I'm posting because I said to watch a vid on youtube... That I believe would be very helpful....but thanks for the feedback ...
__________________
TOPGUN TEMPO
SWEENY TODD
TOPGUN PAINTBALL - EMINENT PAINTBALL
joey da barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM #11
speedy2k4
BSH University
 
speedy2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey da barber View Post
And your saying put the Dwell up when stock is 18... So that would obviously give more kick..
The dwell is the time in milliseconds the solenoid coil is energized, redirecting airflow to move the bolt forward. The LPR controls the pressure used to move the bolt forward.

The easier way to think about it is that the dwell represents the time the bolt has to move while the LPR controls the speed it moves at. More time to move but at a lower speed (high dwell, low LPR) will result in smoother operation, so raising the dwell and lowering the LPR will reduce the kick.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM #12
JoshC90
 
 
JoshC90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
The dwell is the time in milliseconds the solenoid coil is energized, redirecting airflow to move the bolt forward. The LPR controls the pressure used to move the bolt forward.

The easier way to think about it is that the dwell represents the time the bolt has to move while the LPR controls the speed it moves at. More time to move but at a lower speed (high dwell, low LPR) will result in smoother operation, so raising the dwell and lowering the LPR will reduce the kick.
LPR controls the pressure moving the bolt BACK, not forward. Thats why when you turn the LPR all the way in the bolt moves forward, since there would be no pressure holding it back. LPR does control the speed though, since the more pressure you would give it the faster the bolt would move back(more force is applied). Thats why the higher the LPR the harsher the kick. But ull get better consistency over the chrono
__________________

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 11-28-2012 at 09:38 AM.
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM #13
speedy2k4
BSH University
 
speedy2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
LPR controls the pressure moving the bolt BACK, not forward. Thats why when you turn the LPR all the way in the bolt moves forward, since there would be no pressure holding it back.
In a blow forward design you would be correct. But the PM8 is a balanced spool valve, and the LP air is routed through the solenoid to the bolt sail to propel the bolt forward and backward (although there is a slight forward-bias in the HP air side of the Matrix bolt design which is why the bolt sticks forward when you cut off air from the LPR)
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM #14
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius
 
CrazyHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC
CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
In a blow forward design you would be correct. But the PM8 is a balanced spool valve, and the LP air is routed through the solenoid to the bolt sail to propel the bolt forward and backward (although there is a slight forward-bias in the HP air side of the Matrix bolt design which is why the bolt sticks forward when you cut off air from the LPR)
This is exactly right... it only functions as a "balanced spool" as long as the LPR is turned up enough to balance it.

I think an easy analogy for dwell vs. pressure is a super soaker. The more you pump it up, the faster the water will come out. Holding down the trigger changes how long the pressure pulse lasts.

Ultimately, the analogy breaks down when you hold the trigger TOO long, and the pressurized water equalizes to atmospheric pressure, and the squirt gun stops shooting (this would be analogous to what happens in the main high pressure chamber, though)... but if you can picture a squirt gun with a hose attached to it, and the spigot controlling the rate of flow, that would be a better fit for an LPR.
__________________
Professional programmer/Open source guru
if you need a site, or just some work done, shoot me a PM.
When in doubt... use dynamite.

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:35 PM #15
speedy2k4
BSH University
 
speedy2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry View Post
This is exactly right... it only functions as a "balanced spool" as long as the LPR is turned up enough to balance it.

I think an easy analogy for dwell vs. pressure is a super soaker. The more you pump it up, the faster the water will come out. Holding down the trigger changes how long the pressure pulse lasts.

Ultimately, the analogy breaks down when you hold the trigger TOO long, and the pressurized water equalizes to atmospheric pressure, and the squirt gun stops shooting (this would be analogous to what happens in the main high pressure chamber, though)... but if you can picture a squirt gun with a hose attached to it, and the spigot controlling the rate of flow, that would be a better fit for an LPR.
My eyes were reading what you typed, but my brain was just thinking about being 8 and running around the neighborhood with my brand new super soaker 2000 blasting kids. That thing would sting when it hit bare skin. I always aimed for the neck.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 PM #16
mymutter
I crack myself up!
 
mymutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the 847
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Now I am second guessing myself, Will have to drag out my proto and do some testing

Dan

Last edited by mymutter : 11-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM #17
Kylefroelich89
Titan
 
Kylefroelich89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Wink problem is you

1. Open a can of man
2. Rub on hands and forearms
3. Repeat until desired effect
Kylefroelich89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM #18
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Just in case some people are confused.

PM=proto matrix

PMR= Proto Matrix Rail

They are different guns.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM #19
Kylefroelich89
Titan
 
Kylefroelich89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I enjoy when people ask me if my steel blue pm8 is a rail...
Kylefroelich89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 PM #20
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
One of the smoothest guns I ever owned was a PM8. Dwell 12........1 turn on the LPR. The thing was magic. No clue why, it just was. I never should have sold it. The guy I sold it too got rid of his dm9 to use it instead lol.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 PM #21
Mason74
 
 
Mason74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylefroelich89 View Post
1. Open a can of man
2. Rub on hands and forearms
3. Repeat until desired effect
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump