PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 PM #1
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
New Dawn: 2015 - MMOFPS Alien Survival

I caught wind of this game while watching a live stream of another game. Right now there is not a lot of public information.

This game is going to follow the same ideas of DayZ and WarZ, but rather than a zombie apocalypse it will be based on an alien invasion. Game is set to hit closed alpha around early 2013.

The game will be built on the CryEngine 3. The first world will be a 1:2 scale of the USA, and they plan to release the entire world later on. The screenshots look amazing. They are in the talks with Ubisoft right now. The alien AI in this game is suppose to be incredible.

Today a streamer had some of the devs in for an interview today. He will be posting it on youtube so I will link that when it is up.

Seems like the best place to find information is on their Facebook, Twitter or the developer forum.

https://www.facebook.com/BreachedEU?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/BreachedEU

http://forum.breached-eu.com/index.php

I will try to answer any questions to the best of my ability from what I have heard thus far.

Game Bio:
Quote:
The game's name is New Dawn: 2015.

The game's main enemy are aliens, which have dominated planet earth and occupy earth as the super overlords. They go on patrols and hunt humans. They aren't as stupid as zombies are in the other survival games you may be familiar with, they can hear you, see you, they have thermal vision as well.

There's 3 game modes, multiplayer and singleplayer or singleplayer with up to 4 coop

Multiplayer takes place after the aliens have dominated the world. Multiplayer is somewhat similar to DayZ and WarZ, but only the survival sense you'll have to eat, drink, keep yourself warm and dry. You can do that by finding food, drinking from cans ect. To keep yourself warm and dry, don't go swimming, stay indoors when it's raining, start fires,wear the right clothing, run around that kind of stuff is the survival part of the game.

There are 2 maps, one which is created and populated by the designers ect, like you would have a normal map but there is also the option to randomly generate a world, the maps are roughly 8 times the size of Chernuras. So about 1600km2 which isn't all land, there is also large bodies of water, which are crossable by swimming, using boats that kind of thing. Underwater combat is also in our game.
The other map is a massive 1:2 scale realistic United States, with 1:1 scale cities.

Singleplayer takes place just as the alien invasion starts, you'll play the role of a military person trying to defend planet earth against the alien invasion. Including taking on overlords!Singplayer includes quests, and allied npc's ect. You can also teamup with 3 other players and complete singleplayer in coop.

Last edited by paintballking72 : 11-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM #2
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
The forums are gone, doesn't seem promising.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM #3
paintballking72

The forum crashed earlier because so many people were signing up at the same time. There server host didn't like that they were sending so many emails per minute so they suspended their site. It should be back now.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 PM #4
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Ah yes, I liked them on facebook and it appears they are working on the issue. I will stay tuned.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM #5
paintballking72

I'll post the link to the interview today. Its about 2 hours long, but the talk about a lot of cool things. I would type some of it out but I honestly don't remember all the details just off the top of my head.

Definitely a game to keep an eye on.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

MWO uses the cryengine3 as well. this will probably look amazing too then.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 PM #7
paintballking72

It's going to look amazing. I just hope they pull off alot of what they are saying that they want to do.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM #8
Snoopdoggydogg (Banned)
D O Double G

Graphics should be eye candy from what i have been told.
Snoopdoggydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM #9
paintballking72

Here is the interview I was talking about. It's a long watch, and its not all Q&A, but there is a lot of great information about the game.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM #10
paintballking72

Well, I'll hopefully get to find out if this game is what they said it would be, as early as next weekend. I'm going to be involved in the recording of a gameplay video with the devs. I'll have access to a multiplayer demo but I'm not sure how long I'll have access to it, and I'll be bound by NDA so I won't be able to give details but I will be able to tell you if these guys are going to be able to pull this off.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 PM #11
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

A 1:2 scale of US and 1:1 scale of cities?

Sounds ****ing awesome. I could see some multiplayer mode of like a thousand people or more with the task of liberating the country in the course of a month or some ****. That'd be awesome.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 PM #12
paintballking72

Yeah we'll see later this week. I'll report back in with my thoughts. I was talking with Yuri, the lead developer and mastermind, last night. Super cool guy.

If they pull off what they are talking about. It's going to be epic.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM #13
maniacwithagun

maniacwithagun plays in the PSP
maniacwithagun is an NCPA player
maniacwithagun plays in the APPA D3 division
exo skeleton makes it sound like you'll basically b masterchief if u can get one.
maniacwithagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 PM #14
paintballking72

Yeah they will be super OP. It will basically be the nanosuit from crysis with shields, invisibility cloak, etc.

They make it sound like it will be next to impossible to get. They say you'll need 30-40 well armed people to even have a chance at the mother ship. From there the overlord only has a chance of dropping an exoskeleton. And it's basically the first to grab it, get it and its bound to his body. If you kill him, you can't take it off and use it for yourself.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM #15
paintballking72

The date that I will be able to play got pushed back just a few weeks because map rendering and some other things were taking longer than they planned on.

Should be playing on the 22nd. And, I got a spot in a competition tomorrow. Competition will be a huge hide and go seek game with the devs and 23 other people. It will be live streamed tomorrow. Basically, me and 23 others will be playing ARMA II. The devs will be trying to hunt us down. Last person alive wins a 2 week all expenses paid trip to Japan with the devs in February.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM #16
NiDImpulse

Did this games funding get cut or something I received my money back from the game and the website i gave the money to is down? i cant find anything on the internet about there funding being cut or anything please help
NiDImpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM #17
paintballking72

It turned out to be a scam. The owner of the "game" and lead developer did a runner. Turns out all the screenshots and videos were faked.

You can read more about it here - http://breached-eu.com/forum/

They are still trying to continue the project on a different engine and with more achievable goals, but they are in the very very early stages. It will likely be a couple years before anything comes about, but they already have a decent foundation that they are playing on.