Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 PM #1
eawarriors

need help deciding my next marker

This may sound like a stupid question but I just got into this amazing sport this year and currently play with an axe. Looking to upgrade to either Ego10 or 2011 g6r. I would love to hear about the pros and cons of either of these markers so I know what im getting into lol besides the price. Any info is appreciated. so which marker should I go for? I play anywhere there is a paintball field lol. woods ball, speed ball, it doesnt matter to me.
eawarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM #2
vincib
Pandamonium

vincib is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
vincib owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vincib supports Pev's Paintball
Flip a coin and buy one. Really.
I'd say the ego, but then I have nothing but good experience with PE markers. Never had a g6r or any bob long gear. never had a good vibe from it, just me.
I am a fan of a Palmer's 2K Blazer. no batteries needed, never breaks, nothing shoots straighter, made in the USA custom for you.. Not on your list but since you just got into this sport and are obviously looking for something that can get you through anything. Havent met anyone who regrets buying one or wants to get rid of it for performance reasons. There ya go. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM #3
jewstin

jewstin is playing at Living Legends VI
jewstin supports Team VICIOUS
jewstin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jewstin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jewstin supports DLX Technology
g6r over ego any day. there super efficient, quieter then the ego, smoother. and can be just as reliable if you take care of it.
3x Bob long v1 Victory-Ninja SLP-Rotor
HOSTILE ANTIX
HOSTILE TAKEOVER
Weber State Paintball
Bob Long (Blast), Ninja, Virtue, Tapeline, Contract Killer
jewstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 PM #4
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Hopefully keeping the Axe it is a really good gun. Between g6r and Ego. I picked the g6r, but the Ego has a lot going for it to. Display for programming (of course you can now get one on the g6r as well), case is better cuz g6r doesn't have one, tools , and manual for all PE markers are great. I don't regret my choice as the g6r is smoother, quieter, and more air efficient albeit not by much over the Ego. Basically, if I were in your shoes, and I was about 6 months ago. See if you can shoot each by borrowing from a friend. If that is not possible, buy one used and use it for a full day or two. If you love it your done, and if not trade or sell it and move on to the next marker. That's why I suggested keeping your Axe.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM #5
eawarriors

Thanks for the responses. I am keeping my axe for now, think I will do more research and also get a good feel of my next marker in my hands. That's the only knock from me about my axe, some people say they have no problems with the feel of an axe but to me it can get a bit uncomfortable after playing a full day. Thanks again for all the tips, very much appreciated!
eawarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
After playing a full day of ball any gun is going to feel worse. Your body just gets weaker. I don't see either of these upgrade guns solving that problem. Once you add your hopper or paint and tank to any gun these days, the weight difference is minimal.

Maybe you can find someone to let you borrow their G6R or ego at the end of a day of play to see how it feels for you. Maybe you'll like it more, maybe you won't.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote