pop_pop
Drilla all Day and Night

pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop supports Empire
Ideal dwell setting on etek 3

What advantages does changing the dwell get you on the etek 3? Is there a number (not stock) that people have had great success with?
pop_pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM #2
inferno2inferno

Dwell is usually changed to ensure consistent velocity. I do not own an etek 3, but I do own a 4 and I kept the dwell a the factory setting. If you notice a decrease in velocity at the same reg setting that is the time to raise the dwell, otherwise keep it at stock setting.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 PM #3
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The dwell directly effects the efficiency of the marker. It controls the amount of time the solenoid is open.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 PM #4
theVicious1

Alot of people on here seem to run around 11ms if I recall correctly, looking for a smoother shot. I run at 8ms because I prefer a little more efficiency and it doesnt sacrifice consistency.

search the forum for etek 3 settings and youll find a few threads about it, and then look up dwell tuning if you want change your settings. It isnt hard and its very easy to get back to stock settings.
theVicious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 AM #5
CTChaosPaintball12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
Alot of people on here seem to run around 11ms if I recall correctly, looking for a smoother shot. I run at 8ms because I prefer a little more efficiency and it doesnt sacrifice consistency.

search the forum for etek 3 settings and youll find a few threads about it, and then look up dwell tuning if you want change your settings. It isnt hard and its very easy to get back to stock settings.
On my etek3, setting the dwell on 11ms does indeed provide a smoother shot... Just figured I'd back your statement up with first hand experience.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM #6
Sinister1983
BooSTIn

Sinister1983 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sinister1983 plays in the APPA D5 division
I run my virtued etek 3 with 13 blinks. Any less and I get to much variance over the chrono (around + or - 6 with 13 blinks). Keep in mind I prefer consistency over the chorno opposed to efficiency from a tank. This is with the LPR at 1 turn in. I would say use the excel spread sheet that is floating around if you want max efficiency. If you need a copy pm me your email address and I'll send you one.

SPONSORS:
Outlaw Paintball | Pbrack | Virtue | Exalt | G Ahrens Photography | Yates Brothers Motor Company, Inc
Sinister1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 AM #7
dcspurlock

dcspurlock has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister1983 View Post
I run my virtued etek 3 with 13 blinks. Any less and I get to much variance over the chrono (around + or - 6 with 13 blinks). Keep in mind I prefer consistency over the chorno opposed to efficiency from a tank. This is with the LPR at 1 turn in. I would say use the excel spread sheet that is floating around if you want max efficiency. If you need a copy pm me your email address and I'll send you one.
I'd like a copy of the spread sheet your talking about. Email is dcspurlock@yahoo.com
Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 AM #8
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_pop View Post
What advantages does changing the dwell get you on the etek 3? Is there a number (not stock) that people have had great success with?
I keep my dwell at 1.5 ms above stock in summer, and about 3-4 ms above stock in winter on my etek4. Even though poppets aren't affected as much by winter as spoolies (I have a pm8 as well), I do it regardless, and there is a post on this on pe's website, as well...

That said, I've never worried too much about efficiency, preferring shot-to-shot consistency from increasing the dwell settings. Also, doing this will also smooth out the marker, as well, as some have indicated in this thread already.

That said, the loss in efficiency is not all that big. For a great explanation on dwell - see this video:

http://youtu.be/caR4Wh78BZ0

Last edited by Mason74 : 01-27-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 PM #9
Sinister1983
BooSTIn

Sinister1983 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sinister1983 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcspurlock View Post
I'd like a copy of the spread sheet your talking about. Email is dcspurlock@yahoo.com
Pm me and I'll sent it out tomorrow

SPONSORS:
Outlaw Paintball | Pbrack | Virtue | Exalt | G Ahrens Photography | Yates Brothers Motor Company, Inc
Sinister1983 is offline   Reply With Quote