Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 02:45 AM #1786
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Been there done that when i had my screws put in my ankle. Get a nerve blocker?
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM #1787
mavLP
:)
 
mavLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quantico
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Been there done that when i had my screws put in my ankle. Get a nerve blocker?
No, I didn't get a spinal block. Dunno what they injected me with when I was discharged but it removed the pain without me feeling high off of opiates/opioids. It's just that they ****ed with the patellar tendon so I can't do anything with it, not even rotate it on its own. I mean I can, but I'd rather not go through that pain.
mavLP is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM #1788
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
It's not a spinal block, its an injection in your leg/*** that is injected near the nerve to block the pain in the leg. Should take teh pain away for 24/36 hrs.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM #1789
mavLP
:)
 
mavLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quantico
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
It's not a spinal block, its an injection in your leg/*** that is injected near the nerve to block the pain in the leg. Should take teh pain away for 24/36 hrs.
No they didn't do that. They just gave me some pain meds through the IV, probably morphine or something of the sort, but no IM injections. Living on the 3rd deck of the barracks without an elevator really sucks when you only have one usable leg.
mavLP is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 PM #1790
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
I know the feel. I was on the 3rd story too. I ordered a **** ton of papa johns to keep me full. I had a walk in shower and I would bag my leg and bring my trash can in there and rest my leg on it. I would also go and get taco bell by myself with crutches. You can carry a bag and rest a soft drink on the handle of the crutch. Just takes awhile to get up all 3 flights of stairs.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM #1791
mavLP
:)
 
mavLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quantico
I think the worst part will be the inability to have sex over the next month due to my leg.
mavLP is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 AM #1792
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavLP View Post
I think the worst part will be the inability to have sex over the next month due to my leg.
Adapt and overcome. Semper Gumbi.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM #1793
Deathmoney07
 
 
Deathmoney07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Adapt and overcum. Semper Gumbi.
Fixed.
Deathmoney07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM #1794
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavLP View Post
I think the worst part will be the inability to have sex over the next month due to my leg.
I had sex when I was still in a splint with a broke *** ankle. Could walk cause the other one was severely sprained. The sex was great...The pain that followed was the worse pain the world.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM #1795
mavLP
:)
 
mavLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quantico
Haha. Well I can't put hardly any pressure on my left leg, even tensing up is painful. Now blowjobs........
mavLP is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM #1796
laxplayer9352
USMC
 
laxplayer9352's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jax, NC
Annual Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Paintball photographer
laxplayer9352 supports our troops
laxplayer9352 plays in the APPA D3 division
laxplayer9352 is Boss
Anyone used the danner rat temperates?
laxplayer9352 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM #1797
billy1234
pew pew
 
billy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Deer Valley AZ
Ive owned cold weather rats n the ones with the holes in the side, idk the fancy lingo for em, theyre meh at best, on my 2nd pair in the last year n the ones i got now are falling apart from the inside, stitching on the outside coming off, plastic breaking off n gouging me in the heel. I would never pay for a pair. If you can get em for free 95 hough theyre alright
__________________
SoCal Stealth
CC Paintball
RIP Lcpl Barfield Lcpl Daniels Cpl Singer
you will NEVER be forgotten
billy1234 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM #1798
Agent Johnson
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Agent Johnson supports our troops
They are not worth it at all if you don't get them issued to you.

I wear those and bates lites. I have the hot weather ones, they take a while to break in but have good traction and are pretty durable. They take forever to dry out though and are heavy compared to the lites. I'm not a huge fan of them but they are free. Alot of guys wore the cold weather ones in korea and bridgeport and regretted it, they got soaked fast because of the thin sole and they don't dry out in anything less than a few days. My lites could be dry after 20 min next to a jet boil. Don't pay for them, now a days it seems pretty much everyone who deploys anywhere gets them and you can find them on the yardsale sites for less than 100.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
Agent Johnson is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:42 AM #1799
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Who be in Quantico?
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM #1800
laxplayer9352
USMC
 
laxplayer9352's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jax, NC
Annual Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Paintball photographer
laxplayer9352 supports our troops
laxplayer9352 plays in the APPA D3 division
laxplayer9352 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1234 View Post
Ive owned cold weather rats n the ones with the holes in the side, idk the fancy lingo for em, theyre meh at best, on my 2nd pair in the last year n the ones i got now are falling apart from the inside, stitching on the outside coming off, plastic breaking off n gouging me in the heel. I would never pay for a pair. If you can get em for free 95 hough theyre alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Johnson View Post
They are not worth it at all if you don't get them issued to you.

I wear those and bates lites. I have the hot weather ones, they take a while to break in but have good traction and are pretty durable. They take forever to dry out though and are heavy compared to the lites. I'm not a huge fan of them but they are free. Alot of guys wore the cold weather ones in korea and bridgeport and regretted it, they got soaked fast because of the thin sole and they don't dry out in anything less than a few days. My lites could be dry after 20 min next to a jet boil. Don't pay for them, now a days it seems pretty much everyone who deploys anywhere gets them and you can find them on the yardsale sites for less than 100.
Well damn, I've got 2 pairs of bates lites and love them, but wanted something waterproof, a little warmer and a better field boot. Everyone seems to rate them like a godsend, but they're so damn expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Who be in Quantico?
I will be in a month.
laxplayer9352 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM #1801
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
The RAT boots I got in Afghan where straight ****ing garbage !
__________________
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM #1802
Agent Johnson
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Agent Johnson supports our troops
Went to cif to trade in my ilbe for the new pack/plate carrier.

The girl checking off my sheet had me put stuff in my cart and I came away with tons of extra stuff and she didn't notice.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
Agent Johnson is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM #1803
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Johnson
Went to cif to trade in my ilbe for the new pack/plate carrier.

The girl checking off my sheet had me put stuff in my cart and I came away with tons of extra stuff and she didn't notice.
Well played sir, well played.
__________________
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM #1804
mavLP
:)
 
mavLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quantico
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Who be in Quantico?
I am. This place is a ****hole.
mavLP is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM #1805
Agent Johnson
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Agent Johnson supports our troops
If anyone is in the market for a glock.

I just took a trip to the local glock leo dealer and got a brand new glock 22 .40 and 3 mags for $398. The discount applies to any glock in 9mm or .40 with the exception of the 34/35.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
Agent Johnson is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 AM #1806
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Who be in Quantico?
I live an hour north, in Fairfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Johnson View Post
If anyone is in the market for a glock.

I just took a trip to the local glock leo dealer and got a brand new glock 22 .40 and 3 mags for $398. The discount applies to any glock in 9mm or .40 with the exception of the 34/35.
10mm Auto or GTFO
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump