Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 PM #43
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badWS6 View Post
I'm gonna second this idea!
In Canada you would go to jail for murder with that scenario (for a long time if it's premeditated as this suggests). Not sure if that is worth it. You can't just shoot trespassers here.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 PM #44
pbamike

pbamike owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
How many fields do you know of that have been seriously vandalized like this? Where, geographically, are these fields? Do ANY lower cost fields exist or have they ALL been vandalized seriously like this?
While we have a lot of smaller fields that will ask you 250$/case of paint, I personally know of 4 "smaller/discount" fields in my province (including our own).

-Our Field (vandalized multiple times, including with heavy machinery, multiple arson)

-Field #2 (slashed nettings, destroyed staging area, found jerrycans full of gas in his staging area). Temporary closed down for reconstruction/repairs

-Field #3 (Milsim field located in an old factory, burned down a few weeks ago. Traces of incendiary material were found on site).

-Field #4 (The field is invite-only and located 10ft away from the house of the owner (it's in its backyard). They get 10 players or so per saturday, haven't been vandalized)
pbamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM #45
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
That's pretty crazy, I have never heard of anything like this happening. I would seriously consider getting at least a part time security force. and definitely ask around with construction companies. Another thing, maybe tell a local newspaper, I'm sure with a bit of media attention maybe someone who knows something will come forward.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM #46
pbamike

The city police had the local newspaper publish an article when our field burned down in mid march 2010, they were asking for anyone who have information on this incident to come forward and call the police.

Nothing came out of it
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM #47
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Razor wire and electrical chain link. Lock that ***** down like a prison. It could add to the look of the field too.

maybe some security lights that are always on then you can hide a few cameras so you won't have a flash but still good resolution.

Offer a reward for any knowledge resulting in arrests. When you have lots of money hungry team age kids they will do anything for money, at my field we had a $1,000 reward for some stolen egos and In 5 days we had them back and the man was prosecuted.
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 AM #48
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hire a PI to follow the people you suspect of the activity around for a while. See what happens. I hate to say it but the law is not going to do anything for you. To them it's just vandalism. Low priority. If you don't actually "catch" the people yourself, it'll never happen. Either that or my original suggestions stand. New location with 24 hour presence or total drive up operation. Shipping containers won't work.......they're strong but the locks are weak.

The cash reward idea is also a good one. The info has to lead to arrests though.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 AM #49
pbamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Shipping containers won't work.......they're strong but the locks are weak.
We *never* leave anything of value (air equip/rental gear/etc) at the field. Everything is in a trailer.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 AM #50
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
This is insane, I would like to point out that I would lose my marbles if I was in your place right now. I hope you find whoever is doing this and take them down. Sabotaging three remotely located paintball fields by burning them down and smashing them with a bobcat is not adolescent vandalism. Most kids think paintball guns are cool; they wouldn't obtain the means to break into a shipping container in the middle of nowhere late at night and then proceed to destroy all the paintball equipment instead of stealing it.

Get with these other field owners and make sure you guys document absolutely every incident with dates, times, pictures, insurance claims, police reports, anything. I'm sure you have already done this.

Were I you, I would relocate my field. At a more densely populated area you reduce the risk that they will bring large equipment or use arson as a tactic. Most likely, this is why they have not attacked Field #4 partly because of this, also partly because it probably doesn't threaten business much being smaller. Deny access to any area you may choose to place your field with fences (Maybe trenches, anything) and surveillance cameras. Lots of cameras that aren't very expensive can see Infrared light, humans can't. Your trespassers will be illuminated and recorded discreetly. These people probably aren't wearing masks.

Paintball tends to be somewhat of a brotherhood. Try to put out some feelers through players you know that go to other fields. See if anyone has noticed anything out of place, do your best to advertise the fact that this is frequent and targeted.

Be vigilant, if your field becomes too high risk to destroy they may try to edge you out in other ways.

If you catch these guys, lawyer up and try to pin everything all three fields can on them in criminal charges and then sue them into pieces in civil court. If it is these other field owners, or if they are placing contracts to destroy your equipment, you might end up with a nice new field to call home.

This is malicious, planned out, and unjust. Best of luck to you, and hopefully you strike these people down with swift, extreme and just vengeance.

Keep us updated.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:03 PM #51
applebutt89
Been here since 04

Annual Supporting Member
applebutt89 plays in the PSP
applebutt89 supports Team VICIOUS
applebutt89 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
applebutt89 is Legendary
applebutt89 supports DLX Technology
Dead men can't talk...

But on a serious note wow. This is absolutely insane what is happening to the fields. I believe like the others it is your competition that is doing this to the smaller fields.

Still can't believe someone would do something like that to someones property.

As far as the whole trench idea goes it would seem pointless to spend that time digging one out if the people just use heavy machinery, they could just plow dirt back into it and destroy the place again.
Baltimore Trauma Fan #655
applebutt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 PM #52
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbamike View Post
The city police had the local newspaper publish an article when our field burned down in mid march 2010, they were asking for anyone who have information on this incident to come forward and call the police.

Nothing came out of it
Thats terrible, I hope you get to the bottom of it. Maybe set up a sting operation type of thing. Or go for the inside job kind of plan and get one of your employees to work at the expensive paintball establishments, give him a wire and fake mustache and your golden.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM #53
Elo160

Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This stuff is just horrible. I cant believe any of this is happening anywhere. If this were in america id suggest land mines. But other people have already given good advice. I hope you catch who is doing this.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM #54
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo160 View Post
This stuff is just horrible. I cant believe any of this is happening anywhere. If this were in america id suggest land mines. But other people have already given good advice. I hope you catch who is doing this.
Canada is a country currently located in America.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 AM #55
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
go through with the trench idea and if they try and get past that simply have physics work to your advantage. Have angled reinforced walls to prevent a basic bulldozer from plowing through. as for the fire problems simply go through with fire resistant materials and have smoke detectors wired to a security force w/ firefighters to go in.

Make sure the trenches are large and deep and use some of the dirt on your fields side so even if they do make a bridge it will be at a very bad angle and may cause it to collapse under the weight. or simply make a trap that would be like the trench but thinly covered and weakly reinforced. Make sure there are no trespassing signs and there is quite a considerable difference between the weight of a person/animal and a bulldozer/vehicle. This way it should be strong enough to support people but will crash and trap bulldozers and machinery.

The trench would not be too expensive but would be a ***** to do. angled wall would not be too hard but would cost a ton of cash and probably faster.

Fast, Cheap, Good. You can pick 2.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM #56
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I see some good suggestions and some bad ones. I do not like the idea of a trench or more study structures as you would be out of more money if something happens. night vision cameras in the trees would be awesome.

worst comes to worst spend the money and buy a bear
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM #57
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedihippie View Post
I see some good suggestions and some bad ones. I do not like the idea of a trench or more study structures as you would be out of more money if something happens. night vision cameras in the trees would be awesome.

worst comes to worst spend the money and buy a bear
LOL. "Warning, beware of hungry, angry vindictive BEAR"

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM #58
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 PM #59
pbamike

It was actually suggested by a partner that we could buy a caucasian Ovcharka and let it roam the field at night. Apparently, those dogs are used to hunt bear in Russia. But then in Quebec guard dogs will open the door to liability lawsuit, even if the person is trespassing... So it's not an option (especially since we can't fence off the whole property.. We would need MILES of fence.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 AM #60
swat-paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
How many fields do you know of that have been seriously vandalized like this? Where, geographically, are these fields? Do ANY lower cost fields exist or have they ALL been vandalized seriously like this?
about 100 km around montreal Qc we used to be on north shore and 2 other on south shore get in the same problem
swat-paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 AM #61
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
all joking aside I like the idea of animal training
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM #62
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Hire a manager either a motorhome or a mobile trailer home, set up camp and enjoy the boonies.

but honestly set up a field, give it a week or so, and hire A PI to watch the guy, maybe some affiliates of the other field owners and gather evidence. Try and get somebody's kid to work at their fields, snoop around.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 AM #63
TeacherCreature

the cost of a PI is the same cost as a security guard on site.....
Does anyone think that is not the best solution.. You hire him until he catches the vandal.
You can get an armed guard cheap and easily recover the cost with a minor temporary price increase on paint like $10 a case until the vandal is caught..
this option costs you NOTHING, provides security all night which will either completely prevent vandalism or will actually catch them. Problem solved
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote