Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:41 PM #1
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Ebay, Guerilla, Ninja fill stations

Looked around and a lot of people just say get an ebay but it looks like there are people having problems with them leaking. So is there a noticeable difference in quality between the ebay ones, guerilla (which looks like the ebay), and ninja? For $13 more I would buy a Ninja if it makes that much of a difference and would be leak free.

I see there are new double oring design ebay fill stations, are those less leaky?

Thanks
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM #2
die.another.day
 
 
die.another.day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I just bought my ninja fill station. Its amazing i love it. So convienent
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls
 
Tabris17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Connecticut
Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Be wary of generic ebay items. Often times they are made over seas, cheaply, as a knock off and the 'companies' offer no support for the product. Assuming you can even find a credible company behind these items. Buyer beward is all I will advise.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM #4
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chinese knock-offs don't always have to be bad, I mean, they are the ones who build 95% of our stuff today anyway. But yes, I am wondering of the quality of the "ebay" ones when compared to the ninja or guerilla. The guerilla looks to be what they base the "copy" off of. Empires looks exactly the same except for black fittings instead of chrome.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls
 
Tabris17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Connecticut
Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Being contracted to manufacturer via overseas is completely different then some of these small companies that flat out copy a design, mass produce them, flood the market, and then fold up shop to avoid international copyright law persecution.
That's what I'm saying to watch out for. They'll sell the items on ebay under no name often times and then you basically get a paper weight or an item that has no safety features built into them. They don't care about your safety, they just want your money. That's what you have to watch out for.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM #6
die.another.day
 
 
die.another.day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Mine is ninja. I can tell its very well made because its all steel and really heavy. Prob about a bit less than a pound
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM #7
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Anyone else who can post their experiences?
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM #8
GaryR1984
 
 
GaryR1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Chinese knock-offs don't always have to be bad, I mean, they are the ones who build 95% of our stuff today anyway. But yes, I am wondering of the quality of the "ebay" ones when compared to the ninja or guerilla. The guerilla looks to be what they base the "copy" off of. Empires looks exactly the same except for black fittings instead of chrome.
Not everything in China is a knock off. Legit goods come out of china with quality materials while the same mold can be used to make the same product with lower quality to cut down on price. Hence the same look, but not the same performance. China is commonly used as a manufacturing haven based of the price of workers, not materials.
__________________
NAUTILUS
Team Thread

Last edited by GaryR1984 : 11-25-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: To not appear to be an ***.
GaryR1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM #9
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR1984 View Post
Not everything in China is a knock off. Legit goods come out of china with quality materials while the same mold can be used to make the same product with lower quality to cut down on price. Hence the same look, but not the same performance. China is commonly used as a manufacturing haven based of the price of workers, not materials.
When did I say anything coming from China is a knockoff? I'm aware that legitimate goods come from there, I actually pointed that out. That is why I am asking for people who own the different types and ask how they perform. I don't need lectures from people about cost of labor, materials, etc. I've bought several "grey market" items from China and they perform just as well as the name brands, for a fraction of the cost.

So once again, anyone who owns one of these give some feedback? Does the Ninja and\or Guerilla use a double oring design?
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM #10
GaryR1984
 
 
GaryR1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
When did I say anything coming from China is a knockoff? I'm aware that legitimate goods come from there, I actually pointed that out. That is why I am asking for people who own the different types and ask how they perform. I don't need lectures from people about cost of labor, materials, etc. I've bought several "grey market" items from China and they perform just as well as the name brands, for a fraction of the cost.

So once again, anyone who owns one of these give some feedback? Does the Ninja and\or Guerilla use a double oring design?
I dunno, maybe here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Chinese knock-offs don't always have to be bad, I mean, they are the ones who build 95% of our stuff today anyway. But yes, I am wondering of the quality of the "ebay" ones when compared to the ninja or guerilla. The guerilla looks to be what they base the "copy" off of. Empires looks exactly the same except for black fittings instead of chrome.
To answer your question, Ninja uses the double O-Ring...
__________________
NAUTILUS
Team Thread
GaryR1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:11 PM #11
K-9
name's ryon. hi
 
K-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: khm
Annual Supporting Member
K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
Okay when it comes to 3000psi, do not skimp out on a product
Just think of that
K-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 PM #12
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR1984 View Post
I dunno, maybe here?



To answer your question, Ninja uses the double O-Ring...
Excellent, thank you, that just pushed me in the direction of the Ninja. I really want the double o-ring and wasn't sure what manufacturers had em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
Okay when it comes to 3000psi, do not skimp out on a product
Just think of that
One could make that argument for tank regs, tanks, guns, ASAs, etc... Just because it's not a name brand doesn't mean it's going to blow up in your face. No one has blown themselves up on an ebay fill station, the worst has been leaks.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM #13
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls
 
Tabris17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Connecticut
Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Don't be so quick to assume it hasn't happened.
Again, there are many knock-off brands in air supplies that do not have the same safety features or simply mock up safety features to look like their version/product has them; when in fact they are totally lacking them. They're actually extremely dangerous because the air doesn't actually have a place to vent safely should something fail. Don't assume it's just going to leak, it could quite literally blow up in your face.
This is why GA had people send them their knock off Myth regs and they drilled them years ago. They looked like a Myth except their internals and some other features were simply mock ups and actually did nothing to protect the player. I believe I've heard a story about a reg being made that had burst disc ports that actually went to no where. They were just plugs to put the burst discs into but air never touched those ports.

Last edited by Tabris17 : 11-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM #14
SKI008
Fear my Join Date
 
SKI008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Excellent, thank you, that just pushed me in the direction of the Ninja. I really want the double o-ring and wasn't sure what manufacturers had em.


One could make that argument for tank regs, tanks, guns, ASAs, etc... Just because it's not a name brand doesn't mean it's going to blow up in your face. No one has blown themselves up on an ebay fill station, the worst has been leaks.
There were knock-off GA Myth regs circulating a while back that didn't "reg" at all and output something like 3000 psi (or close to it). If you don't see how that could be dangerous then go ahead, roll the dice on a knock-off ebay purchase.

Ninja's stuff is all made in the USA and to a much higher quality than you'll find from Chinese knockoffs.
__________________
This line is in remembrance of Jared Wilson, friend and paintball teammate who died on 7/27/2005.
My Old Feedback +1/-0 |
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM #15
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Don't be so quick to assume it hasn't happened.
Again, there are many knock-off brands in air supplies that do not have the same safety features or simply mock up safety features to look like their version/product has them. They're actually extremely dangerous because the air doesn't actually have a place to vent safely should something fail.
Last time, I didn't ask for a lecture. I am asking for people who have experience with them, not a keyboard warrior who has their opinions on knock-offs. I am well aware of what can and has gone wrong with copied products, that is exactly why I started this thread. Just because there are some problems with non-name brand products does not mean all are bad or inherently dangerous.

The fact of the matter is many people have bought the ebay fill stations and many swear by them, a few others report problems with a leaky fill valve, nothing catastrophic has been reported. If you use your logic (appeal to ignorance, look it up) that means I could make the SAME argument that a Ninja, Guerilla, or Java fill station MAY have exploded on someone and we just don't know about it, your argument holds no water. But please show me a case where this has happened and can be attributed to the fill station, because that IS what I'm asking for, not a bunch of fallacy filled counter-arguments for not buying eBay.

There aren't burst discs or any other real safety features on any of these fill stations, nor are they particularly intricate, it's a relatively simple design. I am not arguing about buying a knock-off no-name tank reg, but the argument remains the same.

Thread over, I'm picking up a Ninja fill station, thanks for those who actually answered the question

Last edited by pushc6 : 11-26-2012 at 03:53 PM.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM #16
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
There were knock-off GA Myth regs circulating a while back that didn't "reg" at all and output something like 3000 psi (or close to it). If you don't see how that could be dangerous then go ahead, roll the dice on a knock-off ebay purchase.

Ninja's stuff is all made in the USA and to a much higher quality than you'll find from Chinese knockoffs.
You are missing my point, I'm not saying all stuff from China is good. I'm merely stating that just because it's a "knock-off" doesn't mean it's bad, you need to back it with some sort of proof. You guys make my head hurt. lol

"Made in the USA" is no guarantee of quality either. Oops, did I open that can of worms?

And NO I'm NOT implying that Ninja stuff isn't quality, I love Ninja products. It is an example of a quality US made product. But not everything made in the USA is of the best quality and craftsmanship.

Last edited by pushc6 : 11-26-2012 at 03:54 PM.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM #17
die.another.day
 
 
die.another.day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
The Ninja Works Great Go For It
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM #18
pushc6
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
The Ninja Works Great Go For It
Ordering it now, thanks!
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM #19
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Last time, I didn't ask for a lecture. I am asking for people who have experience with them, not a keyboard warrior who has their opinions on knock-offs. I am well aware of what can and has gone wrong with copied products, that is exactly why I started this thread. Just because there are some problems with non-name brand products does not mean all are bad or inherently dangerous.
I think what they are stating is to really look at the quality of manufacturing. I've seen quite a few good products come from asia where the manufacturers actually follow ASTM standards so that when they make a product that is supposed to work with someone elses, everything connects and works properly together. Its the companies where they do not follow ASTM standards that have issues with their products failing. When dealing with 3000psi, its nothing to take lightly.

Good luck in your search. Just make sure to keep in mind that cheapest is not always best

Just as a heads up, Ninja is part of the sub-committee that helps set the standards for manufacturing in paintball. Since we're part of the sub-committee, we follow those standards exactly.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM #20
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Ordering it now, thanks!
Thanks for supporting Ninja. If you have any questions or issues, you know where to find us
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM #21
DanR
just Luxback
 
DanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mni Soda
Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D4 division
DanR supports DLX Technology
DanR supports Empire
im also curious if anyone knows i have this fill station made in USA is it exactly the same as the ninja fill station other then the color? Was it possibly even made by ninja before they sold there own tanks under the ninja name?
it was made in 2004 in USA with no brand name anywhere to be found LMK what you think guys thanks



BTW mine is exactly the same other then actually having ninja lasered into it like the pic
__________________
DLX Luxe 1.0 #746
JT Impulse #774


Upton 187 Crew Geo 2 F/S/T
Vintage Paintball Park
DanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump