PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 AM #22
Darkapollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2racer7 View Post
I looked into the freak kit and I like the idea but i don't completely agree with it. I am actually looking at the Lapco barrels. I read the only down side is that they are loud. What do you guys think? What bore should I be looking into if i going to buy a Lapco barrel? I am not dead set on Lapco but I cant seem to find reviews on others that are more accurate than them.
What is there to NOT agree with? It is the most popular choice by far. All of my guns are cocker threads so I only need one freak back (i have two plus bored kaner) but if I had say, an angel, all I would need is an angel threaded back and I have a complete barrel kit.
If you are thinking about the length of the control bore, it is shorter than some but I have never seen a negative from it.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM #23
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
What is there to NOT agree with? It is the most popular choice by far. All of my guns are cocker threads so I only need one freak back (i have two plus bored kaner) but if I had say, an angel, all I would need is an angel threaded back and I have a complete barrel kit.
If you are thinking about the length of the control bore, it is shorter than some but I have never seen a negative from it.

I agree with the above post. Even my Ego 8 Shaft and Angel A1 barrels are freak bored

Plus with a deadly wind you can have style too.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM #24
Mr2racer7

Quote:
I am thinking of the control bore. I was not sure what it was called but thats it. I have read nothing but great reviews on the Lapco barrels and i think i am going to pull the plug on it over the freak kit. I understand the popularity of the freak kit but popularity alone does not mean i like the control bore of the barrel. I am going to call Lapco and ask them what they recommend the best barrel is and i am going to buy that one. I do appreciate your guys knowledge and helpful information but i am going to go a bit against the grain on this one.
Mr2racer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM #25
Darkapollo

almost all barrels have a 6-8'' control bore.
It doesnt matter the brand.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM #26
cmdrsuds

Disruptive barrels and Kaner barrels both have long control bores as well as the crowd favorite Eigenbarrel from Lurker (9'' or somethin ridiculous, comes in .678 & .684)

.682 from Disruptive is a great fit

http://www.disruptiveproductsinc.com.../dp1barrel.htm

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 PM #27
Mr2racer7

Maybe I don't fully understand what bore control really means. I used to play over 15 years ago and one thing i always wondered was what happens to the barrel when there are ports. From what I read is that barrel length basically ends as soon as the ports begin because the air is allowed to escape. I also read that the ports are there for noise reduction. In my case i don't care how loud the barrel is compared the the next when all I am interested in is accuracy. Any other bonus such as efficiency or noise reduction are only an added bonus but not even on the my list. Thats why i am looking at the Lapco Barrels. I have read barrel tests where they have shown a great accuracy when compared to other high end barrels. After putting a few articles together I can see that the accuracy of the Lapco comes from the fact that its not ported until the end and only ported in the end to reduce turbulence with out adding to much barrel drag. That is why I am mainly looking at the Lapco and I am not really interested in a bored Karni or other barrels I have seen. As far as length or bore goes I believe I will leave that to Lapco to tell me rather than going with what I think is best. I am still open to look at and read about other barrels but so far I have not found any more accurate than a Lapco. If you guys know of any other barrels that you would recommend with accuracy being the only reason to buy then please comment.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM #28
Darkapollo

The control bore is basically what you are changing with a freak kit. They are 6" and it is really where the accuracy comes from. There are some kits with short control bores, others with longer bores. Similar to barrel length, there really is no improvement after a certain length.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM #29
Mr2racer7

Quote:
The control bore is basically what you are changing with a freak kit. They are 6" and it is really where the accuracy comes from. There are some kits with short control bores, others with longer bores. Similar to barrel length, there really is no improvement after a certain length.
The "after a certain length" is what I have a hard time finding. I have heard longer than 8" but no longer that 14". With that being said are people taking ports into account? Is a freak kit with a controlled bore of 6" and then ports from the second part of the barrel to short? Thats why I feel that the best option is to call Lapco and see what they recommend. If they recommend a 14" then thats what I would get. If they say that their 10" is ideal then thats what I would get. I am following what you are saying but I cant seem to find a solid answer when ports start half way through the barrel. Lapco's design has their ports all the way at the end but its not for decrease noise but to decrease turbulence. Again, I am not yet dead set on Lapco but I also can't seem to find another company that advertises anything other than reduction in noise.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM #30
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

14" is the best on average. any longer than 16" just starts getting a bit rediculous. and i wouldnt focus on the manufactures reason is for the porting. ive taped over porting for playing in the rain and it shot exactly the same as it did with them uncovered. just a lot louder.

in all honesty, you can spend $1000 and buy all the barrels out there, but the truth is the quality of paint you buy will make a bigger difference than the barrel. want accuracy? the barrel isnt going to help if the paintball is shaped like an egg.

personally my deadly winds with freak inserts and my kaner kit are my favorite. the deadly winds for the versatility and light weight, and the kaner has one of the nicest mirror finishes along the bore ive seen.

another thing with an autococker you need a kit. if your paint isnt a snug fit in the barrel, its just going to roll right out as soon as you point your gun down. does not make for a fun day. missed shots, and wild fps varations from partial roll outs.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM #31
Darkapollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2racer7 View Post
The "after a certain length" is what I have a hard time finding. I have heard longer than 8" but no longer that 14". With that being said are people taking ports into account? Is a freak kit with a controlled bore of 6" and then ports from the second part of the barrel to short? Thats why I feel that the best option is to call Lapco and see what they recommend. If they recommend a 14" then thats what I would get. If they say that their 10" is ideal then thats what I would get. I am following what you are saying but I cant seem to find a solid answer when ports start half way through the barrel. Lapco's design has their ports all the way at the end but its not for decrease noise but to decrease turbulence. Again, I am not yet dead set on Lapco but I also can't seem to find another company that advertises anything other than reduction in noise.
The control bore is really only the first few inches on the barrel. If you buy a .689 barrel, the tip is not .689, just the first few inches.