Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-03-2008, 09:46 PM #22
ikaneatmetal

ikaneatmetal is playing at Living Legends III
ikaneatmetal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikaneatmetal supports Team VICIOUS
ikaneatmetal is for the Gunfight
i got a similar story, i was playing some woodsball behind some condos near my house. i had i think 4 friends and my dad, in between games a cop showed up gun in hand (protocol, im sure) and said that some people complained about the shots cuz they thought it was a real gun. i told him we had permission to be their by some of the owners. he said that he would still have to give us a ticket cuz we were minors, then my dad piped up, so we didnt have anything but a warning.

point of the story:
-get permission
-have someone over 18
-dont be an idiot (not saying you were, just some advice)
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM #23
al6737
I like pie (pi) (3.14...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
Guys I hate to bring this up but I dislike seeing the U.S. Constitution being used incorrectly. The Bill of Rights was intended to limit the national government from being able to infringe upon certain rights. Since its creation many of these rights have been incorporated to the states. Meaning the states cannot infringe upon these rights. Here is the bad news Amendment 2 the Right to Bear Arms has to this day not be incorporated to the states. Meaning state X wants to ban all firearms so that no one in that state can have a firearm they can. It would be perfectly legal until it is tested in court. At that time it will most likely lead to the incorporation of Amendment 2 to the states, but until then the states can do whatever they want with laws regarding firearms.

If you don't believe me please ask any college professor of political science or I can give examples of when some of the other amendments were incorporated. For those wondering why Amendment 2 is not incorporated to the states it is because it has never been test and brought to the Supreme Court.
Correct. No state will be stupid enough to implement a law that would directly contradict the bill of rights, at this point in time. But when that one state decided to then I am sure someone will bring it up to the Supreme Court and then it will quickly be overturned. Unless something weird is happening such as a communist uprising and or dictatorship, which will immediately ban and destroy all citizens' weapons.
al6737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM #24
tnpaintballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al6737 View Post
Correct. No state will be stupid enough to implement a law that would directly contradict the bill of rights, at this point in time. But when that one state decided to then I am sure someone will bring it up to the Supreme Court and then it will quickly be overturned. Unless something weird is happening such as a communist uprising and or dictatorship, which will immediately ban and destroy all citizens' weapons.
This has already occurred. Google it. The US Supreme Court agrees that we have the individual right to possess arms, but they did not say that states doesn't have the right regulate and put some restrictions on ownership & possession.

District of Columbia v. Heller
865-457-8000
www.tnpaintballers.com

Last edited by tnpaintballers : 07-14-2008 at 09:26 AM.
tnpaintballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 PM #25
123canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
Guys I hate to bring this up but I dislike seeing the U.S. Constitution being used incorrectly. The Bill of Rights was intended to limit the national government from being able to infringe upon certain rights. Since its creation many of these rights have been incorporated to the states. Meaning the states cannot infringe upon these rights. Here is the bad news Amendment 2 the Right to Bear Arms has to this day not be incorporated to the states. Meaning state X wants to ban all firearms so that no one in that state can have a firearm they can. It would be perfectly legal until it is tested in court. At that time it will most likely lead to the incorporation of Amendment 2 to the states, but until then the states can do whatever they want with laws regarding firearms.

If you don't believe me please ask any college professor of political science or I can give examples of when some of the other amendments were incorporated. For those wondering why Amendment 2 is not incorporated to the states it is because it has never been test and brought to the Supreme Court.
i believe the supreme court just overturned DC's ban on handgun ownership-no state has the right to make illegal what the consitution gives legal right to do. this ruling came down in july '08 i believe
Old 08-16-2008, 09:48 PM #26
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
spell check
Old 08-19-2008, 01:30 AM #27
Lost492

Annual Supporting Member
Lost492 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lost492 helped look for balloons
Lost492 is playing at Living Legends III
Sorry having a little trouble understanding what your saying I feel like I am reading a childrens book written by a child. From what I am getting that your saying is that basically you were outside shooting your tippman from walmart with your two buddies running around with there pants around there ankles while your parents were gone. Then the neighbors called for Indecent Exposure and from there the cops came and you guys pulled up your pants and went down on the officer with a bottle of gatorade. Then you guys begged for him not to tell your parents.

Alright with all seriousness though thats probably one of the most legit laws, there is no way you challenged that officer considering your age and your grammar would have confused the hell out of him. If you need to shoot your gun just shoot it in the house with either reballs, or go to an unfinished portion of your basement majority of all houses have this and shoot it there at a box. I live in a very strict area of IL and believe me there's plenty of laws against it just most of the time I have no reason to be shooting my gun. Until I get a fine **** Da Police.
Lost492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:32 PM #28
DooDooBrown1688
In Your First Due

has been a member for 10 years
Your constitutional rights are not being violated. There is nothing stopping you from possesing a paintball marker, however, you can not discharge it. If you are under the 18, than you can not legally have the paintball marker in your possesion. Being 14 years old, I would additionally advise against questioning the police, they probably won't think too highly of you!

NEVER FORGET THE 343 THAT DIED 9/11/01

IAFF LOCAL 1664
DooDooBrown1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM #29
blxbx

blxbx plays in the PSP
blxbx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blxbx supports Team VICIOUS
blxbx is an NCPA player
My city has a similar ordinance

we cant fire any projectiles without getting finned

but it says that we can still have them and still use them to protect ourselves if needed and stuff like that
blxbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM #30
protoballer657

If you were just blasting trees and **** in your backyard that technically can be illegal, I know that around where I live you have to have a permit to shoot guns (yes paintball guns are considered guns) in their back yard and if you have said permit you have to aim at something and not just shoot willy nilly.

Look up the laws in your area, and if paintball guns arnt mentioned just look up the laws for real guns, they are generally similar.
protoballer657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:33 PM #31
shortay!!!
I did NOT join in 2008

shortay!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shortay!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude, i just moved from palitine, i used to play all the time.......but we did just play in the backyard.......now im in hampshire, i play at OP

Proud Rebel Baller
Take care of yourselves; take care of your friends and your family. If you love someone, tell them. If you have a dream, chase it down. Life is too short and too unpredictable to wait until tomorrow.
Goodbye, Jason. We miss you already.
R.I.P.
shortay!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:33 PM #32
whitey1236

whitey1236 plays in the PSP
whitey1236 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskogee View Post
nope, in my city it is illegal to shoot anything, including paintball markers, within city limits. This is a perfectly legal law, you can still bear arms, just not fire them unless you have to for self-defense. Which i think is a great law.
^^20 bucks says hes a pig
Old 02-21-2010, 03:03 PM #33
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
why would he have to be a pig. i agree with him that it is a great law. if there werent laws like this then every jackass who thinks they can handle a gun would be out in his yard in the middle of town shooting crap. Its a safety issue. Noone said you cant have it you just cant shoot it with in city limits. id rather not have one of my children be shot because some jackass is screwing around in his back yard that is five feet from my house and misses whatever he is shooting at.

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:48 AM #34
Ace0rz

Ace0rz is playing at Living Legends III
Ace0rz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ace0rz posts videos on PbNation
Paletine is not the only town in the chicago burbs banning paintball markers, Bartlett Illinois (its closer to me then Paletine) outlaws possession of BB guns, and airsoft guns.

http://www.village.bartlett.il.us/as...uns%202009.pdf
Ace0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 AM #35
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
So I didn't read the two pages of this thread, but I want to offer my two cents. First of all, I live in Cary, about 20 minutes from Palatine so I know what you are talking about. If the ordinance is like mine, it basically says you cannot fire any type of projectile from an air-powered "weapon" (airsoft, bb guns, paintball, etc.) Now of course to you this sucks, but it kind of makes sense. It's a safety thing, people don't want to have to worry about getting hit by a stray paintball, or having one end up and their backyard and having their kids or dog eat it (I know they're not toxic, but they sure do make my dog's **** a nasty color).

Finally, your "right to bear arms" argument is foolish at best, and I'm guessing that comes from the fact you are 14 and just like to challenge authority. Yes, you have a right to OWN your paintball gun (sort of, you can't actually buy one under 18 in IL), but you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO SHOOT IT!! Do you honestly believe someone taking target practice in a suburban backyard with a .22 could say "but I have the right to bear arms"? OF COURSE NOT!!! It's a safety issue, that is why there are firing ranges and PAINTBALL FIELDS!!

You have every right to own your paintball gun, just go shoot it at an approved field.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
WillBunkerforFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:47 AM #36
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost492 View Post
Sorry having a little trouble understanding what your saying I feel like I am reading a childrens book written by a child. From what I am getting that your saying is that basically you were outside shooting your tippman from walmart with your two buddies running around with there pants around there ankles while your parents were gone. Then the neighbors called for Indecent Exposure and from there the cops came and you guys pulled up your pants and went down on the officer with a bottle of gatorade. Then you guys begged for him not to tell your parents.

Alright with all seriousness though thats probably one of the most legit laws, there is no way you challenged that officer considering your age and your grammar would have confused the hell out of him. If you need to shoot your gun just shoot it in the house with either reballs, or go to an unfinished portion of your basement majority of all houses have this and shoot it there at a box. I live in a very strict area of IL and believe me there's plenty of laws against it just most of the time I have no reason to be shooting my gun. Until I get a fine **** Da Police.
I lol'd hard. And btw, Achilles X?!!!! Holy **** I haven't heard that name in a loooong time.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
WillBunkerforFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 AM #37
iix FRITZ
Paintball is Stupid....

iix FRITZ is playing at Living Legends VI
iix FRITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iix FRITZ supports DLX Technology
You sir need to educate yourself better about your right to keep and bear arms. This isn't f****** Canada, nobody needs a license to own a firearm. It kinda p***** me off that people don't know their own rights. Only thing you need is the gun registered in your name. Im a minor, and i own quite a few guns.

I'm a civilized redneck.

Homefield - Wiseguy Paintball

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
iix FRITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM #38
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by iix FRITZ View Post
You sir need to educate yourself better about your right to keep and bear arms. This isn't f****** Canada, nobody needs a license to own a firearm. It kinda p***** me off that people don't know their own rights. Only thing you need is the gun registered in your name. Im a minor, and i own quite a few guns.
It's illegal to purchase a firearm without a licensing or safety course of some sort. If I wanted, I could walk into Ace with my hunting license from any year as long as it's in my name (As proof that I've completed a safety course) and then my driver's license as proof and buy a shotgun in my name. If I didn't have proof of a completed safety course then they legally couldn't sell it to me. Any born before 1987 (?) is allowed to buy them without a completed course with the assumption that they were grandfathered in, the exact same way you can get a residential hunting license without having taken a registered hunter safety course.

What's this about not knowing our own rights again?
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM #39
iix FRITZ
Paintball is Stupid....

iix FRITZ is playing at Living Legends VI
iix FRITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iix FRITZ supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
It's illegal to purchase a firearm without a licensing or safety course of some sort. If I wanted, I could walk into Ace with my hunting license from any year as long as it's in my name (As proof that I've completed a safety course) and then my driver's license as proof and buy a shotgun in my name. If I didn't have proof of a completed safety course then they legally couldn't sell it to me. Any born before 1987 (?) is allowed to buy them without a completed course with the assumption that they were grandfathered in, the exact same way you can get a residential hunting license without having taken a registered hunter safety course.

What's this about not knowing our own rights again?
No.... you dont need a "safety course". Firearms can be privately sold/bought. The gun then needs to be registered in your name. As long as you're not nuckin futs, or a felon, you can own a gun.

I'm a civilized redneck.

Homefield - Wiseguy Paintball

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
iix FRITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 PM #40
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If accorind to you thread title you are in palistine, than I think we need to reevauluate the situation
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote