Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-25-2012, 05:21 PM #43
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

BloodRedIon plays in the PSP
BloodRedIon is an NCPA National Champion
Y'all know I'm right. It's ok to admit it. Thanks Gbxdillon.

This is the way it should be done to properly reward the teams based on SKILL. I think anyone would agree.
#33 EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY PANTHERS
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
---------><כPaintball Explosion c><--------
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL
BloodRedIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM #44
voltage123

i agrre that all the teams played as hard as they could and deserve the final points to count towards the series
voltage123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM #45
pbjtime5434

pbjtime5434 is playing at Living Legends VI
pbjtime5434 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbjtime5434 supports Team VICIOUS
pbjtime5434 supports DLX Technology
yea skill when 1 of u guys faced the 3 bottom teams that were there and destroyed them.. im not saying you guys didnt fight hard. but you pretty much walked into the final 4 with that schedule even when they said we were playing everyone and didnt
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM #46
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
Tweaky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tweaky supports Team VICIOUS
Tweaky plays in the APPA D4 division
The finals will be decided based up scores from preliminaries. Like it said from the beginning. We did not say that you would play every team there, that would be ridiculous 9 games. Had there been 8 teams (the minimum) then by default with 7 preliminary games per team, you would have played everyone.
Tweaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM #47
Gbxdillon
Who Gone Stop Me

Annual Supporting Member
Gbxdillon plays in the PSP
Gbxdillon is playing at Living Legends V
Gbxdillon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gbxdillon plays in the APPA D3 division
Gbxdillon is Legendary
Gbxdillon supports DLX Technology
Basically finals are pointless unless you want to go for the 200$
Gbxdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:53 PM #48
pbjtime5434

pbjtime5434 is playing at Living Legends VI
pbjtime5434 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbjtime5434 supports Team VICIOUS
pbjtime5434 supports DLX Technology
whats 2 more prlim games? the way they were going it wouldve been 5-10 more min
Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 PM #49
Gbxdillon
Who Gone Stop Me

Annual Supporting Member
Gbxdillon plays in the PSP
Gbxdillon is playing at Living Legends V
Gbxdillon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gbxdillon plays in the APPA D3 division
Gbxdillon is Legendary
Gbxdillon supports DLX Technology
Should have been like last year... Finals are race 2. Top four goes towards series
Gbxdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM #50
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I agree, this was a fast field and games were running quickly, but then people will complain about having to buy more paint.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM #51
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
And yes dillon that is essentially what it says in the initial post.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM #52
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

That makes no sense. Why even have finals then? So please explain to me how you could take 1st in the 1st tournament of the series yet not be in first place standings for the series so far????

If you make the total possible score for the series 300, the fairest and most sensible way to rack up the series points is this, per event:
1st = 100 pts
2nd = 90
3rd = 80
4th = 70

PRELIMS MINUS FINALISTS TEAMS
Tops scoring team not advancing = 5th = 60 pts
6th = 50
7th = 40
8th = 30
9th = 20
10th = 10
11th = 9
12th = 8
...and so on.

If one team wins all 3 tourneys, they get 300 pts. Makes perfect sense. The teams are judged by actual skill, since this is a tournament, after all.

Here is the definition of tournament, in case you needed it:
"tour·na·ment   [toor-nuh-muhnt]
noun
a trial of skill in some game, in which competitors play a series of contests."

Therefore, by judging people's overall series points by the PRELIMS, you are making no sense and not judging teams by their overall SKILL. If you get 1st in an event, you deserve the MOST amount of possible awarded points for that said event in the series. If the team matchups are drawn at random, this should be the way it is done. Plain and simple. Come on guys, like a 1st grader could understand that. Judging series points by prelims?!?! That is unheard of!

Am I in crazy land????????

Not trying to be coarse with ya, just voicing my opinion. Because if you judge series points by prelims, my guess would be that you will p!ss a lot of customers off, and that's bad for business.

Jussss sayin.
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM #53
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
The point of the finals were to determine who gets the event prizes. The reason that we chose to use a point system is so that when a team wins two events, they do not automatically win the series. This allows it to be interesting until the end, so that the team that won two events, does not automatically win the series, and not show to the third event, and every other team doesn't show as well because they know that they have no chance of winning.

The best way we found to do this was to take the preliminary points and have those decide the series winners. Because, we cannot give the top 4 teams from each event the opportunity to earn themselves a possible (maximum) 300 points. Now this still tests the skills of teams because you will be playing 7 games, which out of 10 teams is 70% of the competition there, as opposed to a race to format, you will only play 4 teams.

Last edited by Tweaky : 11-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM #54
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
The point of the finals were to determine who gets the event prizes. The reason that we chose to use a point system is so that when a team wins two events, they do not automatically win the series. This allows it to be interesting until the end, so that the team that won two events, does not automatically win the series, and not show to the third event, and every other team doesn't show as well because they know that they have no chance of winning.

The best way we found to do this was to take the preliminary points and have those decide the series winners. Because, we cannot give the top 4 teams from each event the opportunity to earn themselves a possible (maximum) 300 points.
Makes no sense. A team who wins 2 events doesnt necessarily win the whole series. Another team who wins 1st in one and 2nd in two would then have 280, beating them if the team who won 2 got 3rd or less in any event. You are seriously not making any sense at all. Doing it my way (the correct way, the way all other series are done), gives every team an equal shot, and since the matchups have to be drawn at random, that is just the luck of the draw a far as who you are playing against.
Wow, I have to say I am supremely disappointed if you are really not going to admit that your way is the wrong way and just suck it up and change your method of series scoring to the correct way. I hope some others chime in here and voice their opinions. If they have played many tournaments, they should all 100% agree with me. I hate to argue with you guys, but I will ALWAYS argue with someone when I KNOW that I am right and they are wrong. At least I am doing it (I think) respectfully. Maybe we should have a poll? How about a little democracy? Hmm?
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL

Last edited by BloodRedIon : 11-25-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM #55
MZinCamo
PaintcheckPB

MZinCamo plays in the PSP
MZinCamo posts videos on PbNation
MZinCamo is an NCPA player
MZinCamo is All In
If people are playing well and making finals they should be rewarded, otherwise you could just play prelims, pay less for paint, and accomplish the same thing.

Just my .02 cents.

PAINTCHECKPB
PODKA
MZinCamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM #56
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I agree, and they are rewarded with the event prizes. Ohare will post in here soon about this issue, as far as your way being 100% right, I do not agree, I do think that this is opinion based. I do not think that this is clear black, and white, right and wrong.

Last edited by Tweaky : 11-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM #57
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
I agree, and they are rewarded with the event prizes. Ohare will post in here soon about this issue, as far as your way being 100% right, I do not agree, I do think that this is opinion based. I do not think that this is clear black, and white, right and wrong.
Tweaky, seriously. Doing it your way is like judging a baseball game by whoever was winning in the 7th inning and not who had the highest score at the end of the 9th.

Doing it your way could potentially lead to a team winning all 3 events but not taking the series prize. In the words of Mr Mackey "That's bad, mmmkay."

Thanks for at least considering the issue. But I assure you, this is NOT opinion based. This is how tournaments are run. Trust me, I have played plenty of them. I have been playing since the mid 90's.

Preliminaries are meaningless, unless using them to see who came in 5th after the finalists.
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM #58
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
It is out of my hands, I have passed on all information, I help out and do what I can, I'm stating what the rules from the beginning were. I am just able to check nation and answer questions. We thank you for your input.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 PM #59
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

has been a member for 10 years
Bunkrking789563 plays in the PSP
Bunkrking789563 plays in the APPA D3 division
Lol holy **** why are you still arguing with him? No offense but it said ever since they made the thread that's how it was going to be so they didn't make you play. You guys won this tournament but there's still 2 more left to go...What If you guys don't end up winning the next one but doing really good in the prelims?
Bunkrking789563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 PM #60
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I will say that the only series that I have ever played, that was not a race to format was run this way.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM #61
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkrking789563 View Post
Lol holy **** why are you still arguing with him? No offense but it said ever since they made the thread that's how it was going to be so they didn't make you play. You guys won this tournament but there's still 2 more left to go...What If you guys don't end up winning the next one but doing really good in the prelims?

What if I didn't make finals and did good in the prelims? Are you kidding me??
If you do good in the prelims..... you make finals. Period. Otherwise, you deserve to lose since you didnt play well. Do I need to get the definition of tournament up here again?

If you disagree with me on this whole issue, you are flat out wrong and probably don't have a whole lot of paintball experience. Not trying to be disrespectful, but like I said earlier, I will argue with someone when I KNOW I am right.
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL

Last edited by BloodRedIon : 11-25-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 PM #62
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

has been a member for 10 years
Bunkrking789563 plays in the PSP
Bunkrking789563 plays in the APPA D3 division
Did you not read what I said? Learn to read..I said what if you don't win the next event but do good in the prelims. Meaning make the finals but you don't win. Why are you acting like you know everything? Not every tournament is run the same way. If you don't agree with the way they're running it then don't play the rest of the series simple as that, quit making such a big deal over a 3 man tournament. I'm not trying to be a **** either, I understand there's two different sides to how people feel about things. Oh and by the way I've been playing paintball for ten years now , my first psp event was in 2005 so yeah I've got plenty of paintball experience.

Last edited by Bunkrking789563 : 11-25-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Bunkrking789563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM #63
BloodRedIon
Supporting PB since 1996

No need to get all salty, the both of us, we are all part of the same PB community. All I am trying to express is the proper way to run a series so that all teams may have an equal and fair shot at winning and everyone is happy. I will contact management tomorrow and calmly express the pros of doing it the correct way and the cons of doing it incorrectly.
What's your APPA number, out of curiosity? Or what team and what PSP event did u play in 05. Or your most current event and team? Just curious... thought it would be worth a look.
Seattle Sockjob
ChicagoAggressive
Ninja Paintball
VALKEN
EMPIRE RAZA TC PAINTBALL

Last edited by BloodRedIon : 11-25-2012 at 10:06 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups