Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM #64
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihs07
Anyone what size bore is best the the SC paint you have to buy there? My .689 is too big and the paintballs fall out.
684 is a really good bore for most paint.
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2015, 03:54 PM #65
maxonpbn

has been a member for 10 years
I noticing many shop around here are selling giant tactical paint that comes with a coupon to hollywood sports. I get the impression that this is the same paint sold at hollywood sports.

Does this mean I can use giant tactical daggers paint Even though hollywood sports is field paint only?

Has anyone seen this kind of paint sold at hollywood sports?
maxonpbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:29 AM #66
g00se909
626 / 909

Annual Supporting Member
g00se909 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxonpbn View Post
I noticing many shop around here are selling giant tactical paint that comes with a coupon to hollywood sports. I get the impression that this is the same paint sold at hollywood sports.

Does this mean I can use giant tactical daggers paint Even though hollywood sports is field paint only?

Has anyone seen this kind of paint sold at hollywood sports?
yeah you can use daggerz from another shop. They promote the Half off admission through surrounding shops.
g00se909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 PM #67
maxonpbn

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks for the reply goose. I found out another tip regarding promotional boxes from 3rd party stores when visiting hollywood sports.

They don't allow 1/2 off admission on already discounted days (ie summer weekday prices). You gotta use them on full priced days.

I used the paint but saved the box.
maxonpbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:36 PM #68
pantherpit18

great place to play!
pantherpit18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:18 AM #69
DavidSpeirs

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4971721

For anyone that plays there, check out this thread to see what this guy does to a poor rental. Not spamming, just trying an idea here
DavidSpeirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM #70
beermonster

This place really isnt good compared to their competitors. I had a group of friends from the bay area come in town after halloween, and they wanted to all go to this place since it was close to where they were staying. First thing that happens is we show up and half to sign in on these ipad tablet things. 2 out of 3 of these tablets didnt even work and couldnt get an internet connection, causing a big line behind the sole working tablet. The girl in the window then proceeds to try and get a couple of our friends to sign up for paint soft, and does a terrible job of explaining the difference. They way she explained it made it seem like it was the same thing, but cheaper. Good thing I could cut that off before they wasted their time figuring it out on their own.

Now everyone is ready to go and the announcers calls the walk ons to line up in 5 minutes. 15 minutes goes by and the announcer calls walk ons to line up in 3 minutes. Another 10 minutes goes by and the ref finally comes over to start letting people go down the tunnel. This happened almost every single time. Im not exaggerating the time btw, I had my watch on me and was actively keeping check. All of the 50+ walk ons get to the end of the tunnel and basically just stand around because there isnt a ref to tell us what field to go to for another 10 minutes.

The field themselves are super tiny for rec ball, and not even separated from the surrounding fields. I saw people in other games get shot by our side, or shoot at us on accident, because no one could easily figure out the borders in the heat of the moment. I think we would run for a good 30 seconds at the whistle and already be mid field, which leads to almost every game ending in some sort of a tie stalemate. The regulars are annoying as hell, and pretty much run the show as the refs are all of 15-17 years old. Wiping paint and having the refs give position detail happened regularly that day.

To sum it up the best way I could describe my experience that day would be a total fustercluck. S.C. Village is a much much better bang for your buck.

Last edited by beermonster : 11-09-2015 at 03:21 PM.
beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote