Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM #694
wmaxham

how in the world do you change out the orings by the feed neck? those look impossible to get 2?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 PM #695
tgallo

tgallo is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
tgallo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaxham View Post
how in the world do you change out the orings by the feed neck? those look impossible to get 2?
it's abit of a pain......use a dental pick
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 PM #696
wmaxham

what O-ring are you replacing it with?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM #697
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
feedneck orings are 017 (anything that the bolt rides through is the same diameter)

to get them out, use a pick. to get them back in, slide the engine back in, but turn it 90* to one side. This will pull the bolt back just enough for you to slip the oring into the back groove without it going back into the shot chamber.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM #698
fatcat7534
OOOH NOOO!! In the Face!!

fatcat7534 plays in the PSP
fatcat7534 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
fatcat7534 supports Pev's Paintball
fatcat7534 plays in the APPA D4 division
I have my wife do it for me with her tiny little fingers
North Texas Shockwave #21 "Mr. Bill"
Sponsored by:
AVID|Valken|SLY|EKK|Ninja
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM #699
Dan0102

Annual Supporting Member
Dan0102 is BST Trusted
Dan0102 supports Team VICIOUS
Registered my Vapor with Machine earlier this week, just curious if Vapor will actually be mailing a hard copy the paperwork and what not, or should i be receiving an email confermation sometime soon?

If it helps any, the Vapor was one of the first and didn't have a serial number (Ken said to put "none" in the serial # field).
Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM #700
tgallo

tgallo is a founding member
tgallo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't believe I ever got any confirmation
Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM #701
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgallo View Post
I don't believe I ever got any confirmation
There's no confirmation for registry (IE, if you don't get an error message, it worked)

That being said, I think they might send out confirmations before they ship hoppers....I dunno for sure, I'll ask the machine guys.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM #702
Silencio

Annual Supporting Member
Silencio has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silencio has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
There's no confirmation for registry (IE, if you don't get an error message, it worked)

That being said, I think they might send out confirmations before they ship hoppers....I dunno for sure, I'll ask the machine guys.
Guy I talked to said that once the loader is announced, they will contact all current registered owners to confirm that they still own the marker.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM #703
russiank

Hi guys. I have an issue with my vapor. One of the eye covers kept poping out. And i eventually lost it because i wasnt able to find it after it had come out. I looked up this issue after the 1st few times and it seemed a few people where having a problem. I even noticed it in an efficiacy video on youtube. When i mailed vapor they said that they only have accent kits and i would need to buy a full accent kit which costs $189 just to replace one eye cover. surely It is a common problem (unless i miss read and didnt understand the posts i found on forums and other places) that this is a manufacturing and/or design flaw that they should replace said part that kept coming out during play. If i am wrong about this then fine i am wrong. But i think having to buys a full accent kit just for one eye cover is stupid. Id understand if i had to buy the eye cover set.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM #704
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiank View Post
Hi guys. I have an issue with my vapor. One of the eye covers kept poping out. And i eventually lost it because i wasnt able to find it after it had come out. I looked up this issue after the 1st few times and it seemed a few people where having a problem. I even noticed it in an efficiacy video on youtube. When i mailed vapor they said that they only have accent kits and i would need to buy a full accent kit which costs $189 just to replace one eye cover. surely It is a common problem (unless i miss read and didnt understand the posts i found on forums and other places) that this is a manufacturing and/or design flaw that they should replace said part that kept coming out during play. If i am wrong about this then fine i am wrong. But i think having to buys a full accent kit just for one eye cover is stupid. Id understand if i had to buy the eye cover set.
Check Promod's eye cover fix:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post75812706

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 PM #705
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiank View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Yeah the fix works but too bad Machine doesn't sell individual eye covers. Even if they were just black it would help with those who lost their eye covers
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM #706
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'm trying to get that small magnet out of the eyecover and flip it. Then it no longer repels on the big magnet, but attracts. Then the covers won't come of so easily anymore.

The Promod fix only works for one eyecover for me. On the other one it won't lock anymore.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 PM #707
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
I'm trying to get that small magnet out of the eyecover and flip it. Then it no longer repels on the big magnet, but attracts. Then the covers won't come of so easily anymore.

The Promod fix only works for one eyecover for me. On the other one it won't lock anymore.
NO, BAD! DO NOT FLIP THE MAGNETS!!! If you flip the magnet, it'll pull the latch inwards and it will never push the latch into place. Thus, your eye cover will be held in by hopes and dreams...and we all know how well that works....

What people don't realize is that the magnets are NOT right above each other, they're DESIGNED to be offset by a certain amount so that they push apart from each other in a vectored offset, which pushes the latch into place (much like a spring would)

If your latch isn't locking, that's because there's a burr that's built up around the edge of the latch, or there's a piece of paintball gunk (shell/fill) under the lip. Make sure your latches are clean and aren't burred. If they are, you can use a small file or an x-acto knife to clean the edges up.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM #708
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Annual Supporting Member
yourPBfriend is BST Legit
yourPBfriend owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yourPBfriend owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yourPBfriend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yourPBfriend has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
yourPBfriend supports DLX Technology
OK, so i have an issue with my vapor. I received a vapor to use personally and this is my problem. My vapor blows up paint, like it breaks it all the time. It appears that the gun gets a random pressure spike that just tears apart the ball. Even if i remove the barrel and fire every once in awhile it will just destroy the ball (shooting fast or slow dose not matter). I have sent the vapor to ken from machine, He replaced all the Orings and updated the board and said that it shot fine. YET i get it back and still have the same issues.

I have ruled out the barrel/size completely due to it will break anyways.
I thought maybe it was the detents so i tried shooting it without the detents and the same issue, I also cut the springs in half and stretched them to allow them to be softer so i ruled that out.
I have tried low 6 dwell to high 16 dwell
I have used the bolt return really high and low (28 seems best with 10 Dwell)
I have the Flat faced bolt that now comes with the vapor AS Well as the pooty flat face.
I have tried to the FT screw all the way in and out. (3/4 turn out seems ideal)
I tried cleaning out the reg and still no help.
I have tried light lubing it and found(ken agrees) that heavy amount of lube is better.

Over a chrono it seems that the gun will shot very consistant then have a huge spike and blow up the ball. Also Feels like the gun is chokeing and jerks when it does that.

It also appears that the pooty bolt makes this problem worse.

This last Wednesday i used it and shot 1500 balls few with only 2 breaks but yet again(with no changes) it breaks paint all day today.

I could really use some help because the 1 time it shot well for a few minutes it has left a taste in my mouth i cant get rid of.

Thanks Guys in advance
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM #709
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Annual Supporting Member
Also I use a low pressure ninja tank 450psi
I have tried another low pressure tank and didn't change.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM #710
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

No the Pooty bolt is not going to make I fps spike worse. It's metal. It's not going to expand. Fps spikes come from reg creep, high fsdo settings a noid going out and even sometimes the board sending bad power signals to the noid. Not the metal bolt.

Use normal batteries. Never lithiums.
Use a tank reg pressure of 550
Clean the reg and lube it with a dow33 base lube. Never anything thick like hater
Make sure your inner breach oring closest to the barrel is a size 17 that fits the bolt good. Not very tight or loose
Make sure your inner breach oring closest to the bolt is a size 18...very important. Size 17 that comes stock will act up for sure.
Don't go to far in with the bolt return screw. I keep mine wide open.
Don't use a dwell too low

I ran case after case with the Pooty bolt and the above and never once have I got a chop. Before the Pooty bolt I sure did. So it's going to be other factors causing chopping.

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

Last edited by Pooty51 : 11-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:34 PM #711
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Annual Supporting Member
I wasent meaning to imply that the pooty bolt was the issue by any means? Just that sticking the pooty in vs out seemed to let the conditions be worse. Not a cause but a sympton.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM #712
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
is there a way to get the v2 updates free of charge, or are they charging for them?
Gearbag Sale! Vcom Bring Luxes!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 PM #713
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourPBfriend View Post

...[chopping issues]...

[checked detents]
[played with dwell]
[played with bolt return]
[v2 vs pooty]
[ft screw adjustment]
I tried cleaning out the reg and still no help.
[lube 'drivetrain' I assume]

Over a chrono it seems that the gun will shot very consistant then have a huge spike and blow up the ball. Also Feels like the gun is chokeing and jerks when it does that.

[day-to-day inconsistency]

Wait, your marker fired with a 6ms dwell?!?!?!?! That can't be right, the lowest cyclic time I've seen is 8 consistently. Also, what's your breech delay set to? it should be 6ms.

I'd start out by rebuilding your reg entirely. It sounds as if your tophat is turning slightly when you fire and it might be causing the pressure to spike...which causes the solenoid to safety-vent, which is that loud, paintball-shattering shot you're reporting.

...one last thing, I'm just curious really, what paint are you using? I only ask because I panicked when my marker appeared to be destroying paint and it turned out to be a bad batch of orange evil. The stuff would crack along the seam in my hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU WISCOBALLER View Post
is there a way to get the v2 updates free of charge, or are they charging for them?
Contact Tech@MachinePaintball.com
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 AM #714
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
Wait, your marker fired with a 6ms dwell?!?!?!?! That can't be right, the lowest cyclic time I've seen is 8 consistently. Also, what's your breech delay set to? it should be 6ms.

I'd start out by rebuilding your reg entirely. It sounds as if your tophat is turning slightly when you fire and it might be causing the pressure to spike...which causes the solenoid to safety-vent, which is that loud, paintball-shattering shot you're reporting.

...one last thing, I'm just curious really, what paint are you using? I only ask because I panicked when my marker appeared to be destroying paint and it turned out to be a bad batch of orange evil. The stuff would crack along the seam in my hopper

Contact Tech@MachinePaintball.com

I dropped the dwell down to 6ms two different times and shot 150 balls through each time. I believe chris at pooty has shot his at 6ms before as well.

How would I go about rebuilding my reg? All it consists of is the piston with one oring and he spring correct?

I have tried about 10 different paint a with this to non avail. I have shot at least 5 cases alone trying to tech this before I sent this to machine to be fixed. Honostly your my only hope
Closed Thread