Ransom

yungiceflip plays in the PSP
yungiceflip owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yungiceflip supports Team VICIOUS
yungiceflip is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
yungiceflip supports DLX Technology
Is there anything wrong with my spire?

Is it supposed to spin faster? The balls are not feeding fast enough. My rotor killed it. Do i need to do somethin to it

Dye rotor $80
yungiceflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 06:02 PM #2
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
It's vibration activated, so slap it and it will go faster.

The Spire isn't a drop test loader, it's one that functions when you fire unlike the Rotor that just spins at 100% speed until it encounters resistance. The Prophecy spins at a fast enough speed but spins faster when it's louder. The only difference between the Spire's priming and the Prophecy's priming is that the Spire pulses as opposed to the Prophecy just spinning.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM #3
yungiceflip
Ransom

yungiceflip plays in the PSP
yungiceflip owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yungiceflip is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
yungiceflip supports DLX Technology
Tnx

Dye rotor $80
yungiceflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 AM #4
dajones70

I am having the same problem with two different Spires. The default sensitivity (blue) of 3 is not sensitive enough for our Ego 09. It's not feeding fast enough to ramp or even fast semi. Set it to 4 and it gets a little better. Five it too sensitive and it just popcorns the whole time and is not feeding the stack. Our Ego 09 is pretty smooth but the Spire should still detect the kick. I will try it on some other markers this weekend to compare the difference.
dajones70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 AM #5
VirtuePaintballMike

VirtuePaintballMike works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajones70 View Post
I am having the same problem with two different Spires. The default sensitivity (blue) of 3 is not sensitive enough for our Ego 09. It's not feeding fast enough to ramp or even fast semi. Set it to 4 and it gets a little better. Five it too sensitive and it just popcorns the whole time and is not feeding the stack. Our Ego 09 is pretty smooth but the Spire should still detect the kick. I will try it on some other markers this weekend to compare the difference.
The Spire should have no trouble keeping up with your ego 9. If you want to make it more sensitive, change the sensitivity (RED) setting from 4(stock) to 5. Also, make sure you have good batteries.
1-631-617-5346

Support your paintball store!
VirtuePaintballMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM #6
dajones70

The manual says the stock is 3. First thing I did when I noticed the problem was set to factory default and put in fresh energizers. From there red 4 seemed to help a little and 5 was too sensitive. I will try a few more settings today at the field. Right now I have set the drive pressure (yellow) to 1 based on another thread and the g-force sensitivity (red) to 4 to see if this helps. I will go to 5 on red per your recommendation if the current setting doesn't help. Thanks for the quick response. It's good to know that Virtue is checking the nation regularly and even early on a Saturday morning.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM #7
dajones70

Did a basic test at the field with yellow at 1 and red at 4 which seemed to work OK keeping up with ramping. Tomorrow we have a team practice so it will get a good test. If I run into problems and have to change these settings, I will post back the details.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM #8
dajones70

Above settings worked perfectly on both of my Ego 09's at practice with a lot of ramping. No problem with the Spires. I have ordered 2 of the new spring speed feeds and hope they come soon to make them perfect.