Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM #22
RedRiot15

Best paintball is gridfighting! So much more fast paced and uses substituting like hockey. Look it up. Gridfighters.com
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM #23
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Here is my 2 cents.

Speedball is popular, but it doesn't draw the biggest crowd.

Scenario games draw hundreds if not thousands of players. Its easier to play and has more winners. More people go to the big scenario games each year.

Speedball (and hyperball) are smaller fields, and move a game to finish faster. There are positions but I think only 40% of repeat players enjoy Speedball or hyperball. Eventually its its a volumetric accuracy and a young mans game. The extreme attitudes of "who is the best" drives many but alienates a few.

When you look at it, all you are shooting paint at a guy under cover. Its all the same game, just different environments.
Christian P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM #24
trucockerfan19
Aim High

has been a member for 10 years
Well put,

My only idea as been to do offensive and defensive positions for teams, and rotating each round/game, like baseball innings. And have each field made specially for this O vs. D format, and run tournaments.

This style could be mag fed/FS rounds only
Or regular style
Come to think of it each team could have designated positions (say 2 mag fed/FS round guys per team)
Maybe bigger teams?

Each field could be whatever type of scenario set up, woods, trenches, towns, small fields big fields, whatever

Any1 got other ideas?

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
trucockerfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:48 PM #25
casnoid

casnoid plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by venarius View Post
Absolutely not. Speedball market has lost ground heavily over the last decade as far as market saturation.

No. If anything, newer players today can continue to advance in 'advanced rec-ball' with people who dedicate their play to that style. Speedball is not the 'only thing to do'.

Speedball is here to stay, no doubt. Nothing will 'de-thrown it' because it isn't on a 'thrown' lol. Other styles (scenario, mil-sim, advanced rec-ball) have come up to equal or exceed popularity.

Personally, I think more advanced realistic fields are the next 'big thing'... like entire actual little towns built for combat...
i agree with this statement. the absolute most fun ive ever really had playing paintball was in little mil sim like buildings (little lowns if you will) with a rental gun. it doesnt take a lot of skill or paint to have a really fun time.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 AM #26
thatguy2421

thatguy2421 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thatguy2421 is attending Decay of Nations VI
thatguy2421 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by casnoid View Post
i agree with this statement. the absolute most fun ive ever really had playing paintball was in little mil sim like buildings (little lowns if you will) with a rental gun. it doesnt take a lot of skill or paint to have a really fun time.
Agreed. Best times i ever had was playing rentals with my buddies. Alot less stressful and more bro time.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM #27
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
More people play woodsball than speedball because it is cheaper, more laid back, and more about fun than competition. Speedball is a lot of dedication, money, time, and very competitive. But when you look at it in terms of skills, Speedball dominates. The most talented players in the game play speedball. Woodsball is more for the older folks, kids, rentals, etc. A small field that has a speedball field and woodsball is more likely to make more money off the speedball people rather than a party who comes into the woods for the first time and rents because the speedball people are usually the ones who are going to buy more paint, stay longer, come back more often, etc. The people who usually come to play woodsball just play once or a couple of other times for fun.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote