Community Focus

Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM #1
Zbarlow

Zbarlow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zbarlow plays in the APPA beginner division
Zbarlow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zbarlow supports DLX Technology
Regulator used as an ASA?

So I have been messing around with my CP regulator and a thought came to me. What if I re-routed the air passage so that instead of going through the top of the reg to a hose system to the solenoid I instead routed it up through the side of the regulator through a hole into the same kind of air hose system but closed off the top part. Then I could run this hose system through the grip via one of the dove tail mount screws and voila! A regulator as an ASA.

Could I then say that I use a low pressure air source, instal it to the new reg/ASA and have no macro hose and use the regulator fitting as a simple front grip for comfort? I could design a number of foregrips for style and player comfort.

The maintenance would be the same, the only change would be a air hose running through the grip instead of the frame.

What does everyone think? I will come up with some pictures to help illustrate soon. Just wanted some feedback.
Zbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM #2
Zbarlow

I would have to design a bottom works of a regulator to accept the tank screws while also leaving enough room for an on/off style ASA. I could make it just a tad longer and create a air flow chamber that allows air into a small chamber where the velocity adjustment would take place and then pump that air into the actual regulator.

Once in the pressure chamber it could use the same type of regulation that is used when air is introduced through a macroline.

The only problem is making the ASA/reg short enough to be functional but also large enough to accommodate the needed chambers and have good recharge rate.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:01 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You could check out Palmers Pursuit as they sell bottom line regulators for asas. Or check out the Automag forum and see what some of those guys are doing. Mag owners love to run their air lines up through the grip frames but at the same time the mechanical ones have room to spare.

Just as a heads up though, it can get pricey quickly on you if you haven't thought of cost.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM #4
Zbarlow

Hmmm. I see what they did there. I see how the machining would get costly.

I might still try. I only wanted to try to make my shocker be more like a luxe. I love the look of the luxe but can't afford to upgrade. So my next thought was design a through system that took air through the grip. The two options were the bottom line ASA reg, or figure out how to run gas down the reg and back through it normally. In that case there would have to be some sort of air passage and a new system in the reg itself,