Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM #1
paintballin1234

Spyder Victor Air Leak Help

everytime i screw in my c02 tank to my 07 spyder victor i could hear the air feeding into the paintball gun.. I dont think thats normal because ive used my friends paintball guns and ive never heard the air leak. I tighten the tank all the way and i still hear the air leaking through the hopper. Is that normal? if not what can i do to fix it?
paintballin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 PM #2
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

‹GOD› helped look for balloons
‹GOD› is playing at Living Legends III
‹GOD› owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cock the marker before you air it up.

If that fails, dry fire (shoot with no paint) a few times to see if that causes the cup seal to seat properly fixing the leak.

If that does not work, take off your front block and check the cup seal to see if it's dammaged. If it is, replace it, if not read on.

Check the first valve o-ring (the one you see first as you remove the valve) for any cracks tares or other visual dammage.

If followed properly, the above steps should elimanate any leak down the barrel/hopper. If you need help or you don't understand, ask specificaly.
OLD FEEDBACK
"Originally posted by Gordofski: you can trust GOD though"
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM #3
paintballin1234

yeah sorry i got a ******* question

If that does not work, take off your front block and check the cup seal to see if it's dammaged. If it is, replace it, if not read on.

Check the first valve o-ring (the one you see first as you remove the valve) for any cracks tares or other visual dammage.

wheres the cup seal? i know its on a front block but wheres that...? wheres the valve o ring?
paintballin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:23 PM #4
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
the cup seal is the white thing between the spring and the pin. to get to the valve o-ring, you need to take the valve out of the body, it will have 2 o-rings on it.
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM #5
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

To get to the valve, remove your frame, remove the brass flat head set screw in the bottom of the body, remove the front block, remove the bolt & striker assembly, look at the back of the body, insert a new pencil eraser first into the back lower tube and push out the valve (metal thing you see.)

As mentioned above the cup seal is the white plastic (delrin) part inside the front of the lower tube of the body, it has a spring attached to it.
OLD FEEDBACK
Old 09-18-2007, 09:05 PM #6
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
If none of what God said works, you may have your valve in backwards. That usually causes a leak down the hopper or barrel.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM #7
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrogen98 View Post
If none of what God said works, you may have your valve in backwards. That usually causes a leak down the hopper or barrel.
That generaly dosen't happen when the owner has never taken it appart but there have been some reports of spyders coming with the valve in backwards.
OLD FEEDBACK
Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM #8
jester_s1

Valve orings hardly ever go bad if you don't take your gun apart. The first thing to do when you get barrel/feedneck leaks is to put about 8 drops of oil in the ASA, take the barrel off, and dry fire about 20 times. That lubes everything that needs lube and fixes most problems. I usually preceed that with taking the bolt and striker out and cleaning the crud out of the tubes. 99% of all Spyder problems will be avoided by cleaning and lubrication everytime you play.

Old Pbnation feedback- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post33352870
jester_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 PM #9
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester_s1 View Post
Valve orings hardly ever go bad if you don't take your gun apart. The first thing to do when you get barrel/feedneck leaks is to put about 8 drops of oil in the ASA, take the barrel off, and dry fire about 20 times. That lubes everything that needs lube and fixes most problems. I usually preceed that with taking the bolt and striker out and cleaning the crud out of the tubes. 99% of all Spyder problems will be avoided by cleaning and lubrication everytime you play.
That goes for every marker.

And it should be done before and after you play.
OLD FEEDBACK
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 AM #10
Alecs

Hi guys.

i'm new to this whole paintball thing, so try not to laugh at me. i have a similar problem as mentioned above. i bought a secondhand spyder victor 07 about 3 weeks back and havn't used it once yet, I had to clean it and ever since it has had an air leak out the barrel. i will try some stuff mentioned above but wat do i do about the rapid firing?

1. The ASA is the thing that you screw the air onto right?
2. which way is the valve body suppose to go on? is the big hole suppose to face the front or the back of the gun?
3. I just filled my air container and wen i cock my gun an fire, it shoots fires rapidly like the air is finish.
Alecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM #11
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecs View Post
Hi guys.

i'm new to this whole paintball thing, so try not to laugh at me. i have a similar problem as mentioned above. i bought a secondhand spyder victor 07 about 3 weeks back and havn't used it once yet, I had to clean it and ever since it has had an air leak out the barrel. i will try some stuff mentioned above but wat do i do about the rapid firing?

1. The ASA is the thing that you screw the air onto right?
2. which way is the valve body suppose to go on? is the big hole suppose to face the front or the back of the gun?
3. I just filled my air container and wen i cock my gun an fire, it shoots fires rapidly like the air is finish.
1. Correct.
2. Larger diameter hole faces towards the front of the marker, smaller hole out back.
3. The striker is not catching the sear.

Make sure your trigger frame is tightened enough, loosen the rear velocity adjustment screw (screw or allen key in the lower tube). Also make sure you used Oil on the striker, not a grease based lubricant.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 AM #12
Thegman44
Paintball master

Yo I gotta spyder and the air leak is in the trigger and the hopper what do I do?
Thegman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM #13
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
When is it leaking? All the time? Check the orings on your valve. The first oring will allow the pressure through to the top tube and to the striker (depending on what valve pin you have)
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 AM #14
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
It's most likely going to be the valve o-rings. Change them out and lube them. Make sure the big hole is facing the front of the marker. While you're at it change out the striker o-ring and lube.
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote