Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2012, 01:13 PM #1
RonaldCrb

Aftermarket board for a GT?

any aftermarket boards for a GT? my screen is so dim i cant even see the information in complete darkness... is almost dead...

i dont care about the warranty, i just want to know if theres any virtue or tadao or 7th element or APE boards aftermarkets for it...

best regards
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2012, 01:40 PM #2
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Yes. Virtue does.
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:57 PM #3
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
That i know Tadao and Virtue for the Clone.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Honestly, the stock board is a nice board, why not just warranty the screen and call it a day.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:29 AM #5
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
Can't you just buy the screen part of the board for like $30. Since you don't want to go through the trouble of a warranting t and sending it back. would be quicker.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM #6
RonaldCrb

it is a shame men, i got the gun at cup... used it probably 10 cases by now and the screen is gone... ill think about it...

thanks for help guys.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM #7
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
I would call/email Macdev. I think you can replace the display. It just plugs into the board. They might just mail it to you.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 PM #8
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Annual Supporting Member
Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, any warranty work requires the marker to be sent into a tech center. So if you meet the terms of the warranty agreement, you can send in the marker or you can purchase a screen yourself and replace it.
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM #9
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
All markers for any type of warranty must be sent in to a Warranty repair center for replacement of monitor and testing for any board issues. You may contact
Customerservice@aggressivesports.net
To set up your claim.

Thanks
Eric
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 PM #10
RonaldCrb

it is not possible for me to send my marker in a safe manner to customer service... i live in a third world country, if i send my marker in i could probably loose it in customs... so thats basically why im asking this question.

plus the fact that i was not entirely happy with the service i received at cup by macdev... eitherway i can tech my gun, i have enough spares and sadly for me thats the only way.

best regards
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 PM #11
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldCrb View Post
it is not possible for me to send my marker in a safe manner to customer service... i live in a third world country, if i send my marker in i could probably loose it in customs... so thats basically why im asking this question.

plus the fact that i was not entirely happy with the service i received at cup by macdev... eitherway i can tech my gun, i have enough spares and sadly for me thats the only way.

best regards
Ronald can you please let me know what part of customer service you were unhappy with at cup?
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM #12
StiKiller_12

I personally was at CUP and a tech next to James changed me the board for a Clone GT Gold/Red and he also treated me with lots of patience!!! I think it was the owner, they are great people and service is #1!!!
StiKiller_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM #13
RonaldCrb

see, i bought the aqua camo GT that was zip tied to the booth grill thursday morning right next to the pink one, played with it first day... shot flawless...

that afternoon i realized that it had one of the eye wires pinched, took it to the booth on friday morning, asked them to check the problem, went back 30 min later, the guy with the red t-shirt (who was very polite and understanded my rubbish english) told me "it is solved, we didnt change the eye wires because the isolation rubber is intact" then i came back home, played couple times with it and found that there is indeed a pinched wire, the eyes still work perfectly fine tho...

another detail is that my gun gun dont really have a serial number, because the numbers and letters are impossible to read... they told me my serial would be GT1316 but its irrelevant since nobody can read it from body... the only thing i could do was asking james to sign the manual and write down the serial...

all in all, im extremely happy with the product performance, not that much with the guy in the red t-shirt at the booth who represented at that particular time customer service to me.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 PM #14
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Ronald i remember you! did i not write the serial # down for you?

I was the one who sighted the eye wires and the tech (mark) did not change them due to my suggestion that the shield was still intact and wires were not showing.
im not really understanding what you are saying, are you trying to say the wires are still pinched?
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 AM #15
RonaldCrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
Ronald i remember you! did i not write the serial # down for you?

I was the one who sighted the eye wires and the tech (mark) did not change them due to my suggestion that the shield was still intact and wires were not showing.
im not really understanding what you are saying, are you trying to say the wires are still pinched?
what i mean is that if you take the frame out and inspect the damaged wire it has the metal part showing, so it could possibly be that for some illumination effect on the booth you were not able to inspect the wires correctly. apologies to mark then.

and yes you wrote the serial down in the manual and signed it, i dont really care about the serial, is only used for warranty... like im sure that if i show at any booth with my gun you guys will tech it because its a macdev product regardless of serial number stamp quality.