PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 AM #1
avengeddisciple

avengeddisciple owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
avengeddisciple has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Halo B is acting weird

So I just purchased a halo B w/ eyes, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to be moving fast enough. I drop 160 valken redemption paintballs in it and time it and it usually drops all @ around 8.5 or 9. so @ about 19 - 18 per second. But the weird thing is that when it is running it goes strong for 3 seconds then makes a slipping/slowing sound. is this regular or should i just replace the motor. Thanks for all the help guys
avengeddisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 AM #2
FXBaller

FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First thing I would reccomend is trying new NAME brand batteries... I've fixed so many people's "problems"(as well as my own while a noobie) this way.
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM #3
avengeddisciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBaller View Post
First thing I would reccomend is trying new NAME brand batteries... I've fixed so many people's "problems"(as well as my own while a noobie) this way.
I have brand new, duracells in it. I already had new Werker industrial batteries in it. Unfortunately the problem remains unsolved. I just ordered a new motor because it has seen plenty of action. Any other ideas would be wlecome. Thank you for the input.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 PM #4
GotBoost247
North Florida

GotBoost247 is playing at Living Legends V
GotBoost247 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GotBoost247 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GotBoost247 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Do you have an adjustable speed board?

★★☆ Pooty Bolt, Pooty Bolt Guide and Spring! -- F/S/T -- ☆★★

★★☆ Gearbag Sale -- Updated Weekly -- ☆★★
Dye I4's -- PE Elbow Pads -- 68/4500 Tanks -- Velocity -- Knee Pads -- PM6 Board & More
GotBoost247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM #5
avengeddisciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoost247 View Post
Do you have an adjustable speed board?
unfortunately, it is just the stock board in it. It seems to feed alright but when I start it up it seems to stagger and have small gaps in the drop. Sometimes it feeds perfectly and nothing seems wrong. The spring seems perfectly fine by what i can tell. The only thing I think it could be would be the motor.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Or it could be that the belt (o-ring) is getting worn/loose over time. I'd slap a new o-ring on there first to give it a try. If it is a tad loose, it may be just slipping just a little to cause issues.

You should be able to pick up o-rings pretty cheap at a ACE Hardware store (I've had very good luck at mine anyway). I can't remember the size off the top of my head but I'll see if I can find it real quick.....I want to say that it is a standard -029 or -030 - but I'll find it to confirm.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Found it. The correct size for a HaloB is a standard -028. In metric, that's 34.65mm inside diameter (ID) X 1.78mm cross section (CS). If you go to look for one at ACE, they use nominal measurements. Therefore, a -028 is marked as 1-3/8" ID X 1-1/2" outside diameter (OD) X 1/16" CS.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 PM #8
avengeddisciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Found it. The correct size for a HaloB is a standard -028. In metric, that's 34.65mm inside diameter (ID) X 1.78mm cross section (CS). If you go to look for one at ACE, they use nominal measurements. Therefore, a -028 is marked as 1-3/8" ID X 1-1/2" outside diameter (OD) X 1/16" CS.
Alright. I will give that guy a shot. I'll update and give word on the results.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 PM #9
Tempted (Banned)

Make sure it isn't a V35 before you replace the motor. Press and hold the power button and see what happens. If you get red blinks then its a V35 and you can speed up the feed rate by going to a higher setting.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 AM #10
avengeddisciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Make sure it isn't a V35 before you replace the motor. Press and hold the power button and see what happens. If you get red blinks then its a V35 and you can speed up the feed rate by going to a higher setting.
I checked that first thing. I pulled it apart, found that the motor barely had any kind of tension when manually turning it. replaced the belt and the o-Ring
feeding at close to 23 bps now. so whatever it was, I replaced the motor and so on and it works like new

I appreciate the help guys.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

- good to hear you are up and running again.