Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM #22
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think a merger would actually hurt the sport considering there are very limited resources for marketing on a professional level. There are X amount of professional leagues meaning X amount of rulebooks/settings/etc. Merge the two & you now have to abide by one. We should (& I say "should" loosely) have the ability to choose between them if we don't like the other.

But, back to the topic. I agree with others when they say that it would be expensive. But, then again. It's already expensive. The design of the balls itself would need to have sensitivity sensors to recognize the difference between the ball hitting a net, wall, etc & hitting a marker, jersey, pants, mask, etc. I think someone stated that already. If hit, a trigger should be released to disable the marker of whoever was hit. Refs are ALMOST obsolete now. That's assuming nobody cheats i.e. NOT walking off the field & instead trying to draw fire. But, NOBODY CHEATS IN PAINTBALL. Right?
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:34 PM #23
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

has been a member for 10 years
I believe that one would have had far greater sucess than the others but they are fairly even in terms of ratings and professional teams. Id like to see the pro level more commercial it could only help at this point. In my humble opinion, getting rid whipping would help.
APPA Player ID#9837 - CURRENT RANK: D3
FIRE IN THE HOLE!~ DP G4 APE RAMPAGE LED BOARD TECHT BOLT SP FULL FREAK W/ AA TIP ROTOR 77cu NINJA TANK DYE HYPER3 REG EXALT TANK and REG GRIP (onT e c h P B@:: p8ntballer101 )

Last edited by p8ntballer101 : 11-22-2012 at 09:37 PM.
p8ntballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:13 PM #24
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballer101 View Post
I believe that one would have had far greater sucess than the others but they are fairly even in terms of ratings and professional teams. Id like to see the pro level more commercial it could only help at this point. In my humble opinion, getting rid whipping would help.
What did you even just say?

The sport is fine. Go to any field, you are seeing record numbers of walk-on play and rentals. Especially at the fields that are "fair" when it comes to terms of pricing. Each players pocketbook decides what is fair to them. However, any sport/hobby is expensive

I dont down ideas, as nothing would ever get accomplished in the world without people coming up with new ideas. But, I think right now the sport is at its peak. If anything, mainstreaming it would make the sport more expensive, you would also see tons of garbage companies pop up just trying to make a quick buck. Shelling out subpar products that first time people would buy, the **** would break, then they'd hate the hobby because,"its too expensive." Also factor in, watching paintball on tv, would be ****ing boring as hell. Just like watching golf.

NOBAMA
rexisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM #25
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

poll it dude paintball peaked 03-06 tops. Its been hit very hard by the great resesition. You said it yourself. Competition aka new ideas are what make the this world go round. Im not jelously defending my idea. I only want to see paintball continously grow. I wish it was as popular as watching golf. It would create more jobs in the pb industry.
FIRE IN THE HOLE!~ DP G4 APE RAMPAGE LED BOARD TECHT BOLT SP FULL FREAK W/ AA TIP ROTOR 77cu NINJA TANK DYE HYPER3 REG EXALT TANK and REG GRIP (onT e c h P B@:: p8ntballer101 )
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM #26
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Yes but just because its a new idea doesn't mean its better than the existing ones. I see what your trying to do, and kudos for trying to think of ways to grow the sport. However, as long as our sport depends on the activity of thousands of tiny balls, it will remain difficult to watch. Adding more teams will not make that any different. Perhaps if we all spent as much time trying to change the perception of paintball as we did trying to change paintball, we may have more success.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM #27
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsion4191 View Post
I think a merger would actually hurt the sport considering there are very limited resources for marketing on a professional level. There are X amount of professional leagues meaning X amount of rulebooks/settings/etc. Merge the two & you now have to abide by one. We should (& I say "should" loosely) have the ability to choose between them if we don't like the other.

Yeah thats why we have two pro hockey leagues, two pro football leagues, two pro basketball ....shall I go on? No, two pro leagues is not a good idea...we need one.

Back on topic, it seems like that would make the sport a bit more expensive..
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 PM #28
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

if you want change the perception of the sport we should start with the youth. maybe we could start up some after-school youth programs?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM #29
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Word? is a Supporting Member
I haven't seen someone so overtaken by enthusiasm for paintball in a long time. Keep the idea going, over time you can refine the idea into something big, really you never know. And as far as the format comments go, I remember after the nxl died because of the dick clark deal and the PSP refined their format. In the beginning you couldn't get anyone to do it, even after the NPPL sunk. But look at it now, it's the dominant form of paintball.

LOLWUT
Word? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM #30
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
Yeah thats why we have two pro hockey leagues, two pro football leagues, two pro basketball ....shall I go on? No, two pro leagues is not a good idea...we need one.

Back on topic, it seems like that would make the sport a bit more expensive..
Not sure if you read my statement wrong or are just disagreeing.
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 PM #31
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

word. Really would like to see more job opportunities in this industry. Tired of the 9-5 dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
I haven't seen someone so overtaken by enthusiasm for paintball in a long time. Keep the idea going, over time you can refine the idea into something big, really you never know. And as far as the format comments go, I remember after the nxl died because of the dick clark deal and the PSP refined their format. In the beginning you couldn't get anyone to do it, even after the NPPL sunk. But look at it now, it's the dominant form of paintball.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 AM #32
hittracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
We have updated Hit Tracker Vest -- live demo here http://www.lazerball.com/airsoft-ves...ack-bbs-ezp-26

We wanted to show just how sensitive the vest can be and how accurate the hit count can be
hittracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:33 AM #33
hittracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsion4191 View Post

But, back to the topic. I agree with others when they say that it would be expensive. But, then again. It's already expensive. The design of the balls itself would need to have sensitivity sensors to recognize the difference between the ball hitting a net, wall, etc & hitting a marker, jersey, pants, mask, etc. I think someone stated that already. If hit, a trigger should be released to disable the marker of whoever was hit. Refs are ALMOST obsolete now. That's assuming nobody cheats i.e. NOT walking off the field & instead trying to draw fire. But, NOBODY CHEATS IN PAINTBALL. Right?
A score keeping vest that tracks hits by reball or other reusable paintballs can be very light weight and track hits to front or back of body and helmet could be covered in the material...
No doubt that game would become more realistic as the facts would be the facts... it you are hit...you are hit... No opinions just facts http://www.lazerball.com/airsoft-ves...ack-bbs-ezp-26
Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM #34
hittracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
I understand these reballs could be reused.... but for one the initial cost of buying them would be insanely high.... reballs are already expensive... imagine if every one of them had to have a chip inside of it. Most reballs fields lose a few hundred a day to people picking them up and pocketing them to take home and tech their guns inside.

Second thing is what rex said... the suit would be a huge cost. Sure, people could rent them, but for one. I wouldnt want to wear some nasty rental suit, and for two, the field would then incur the inital costs.... Which most fields couldnt afford.

Its a good idea, and in a perfectly rich world, it would be awesome... but theres just not enough money and interest in the sport to warrant this

Is $350 per vest too much money for Reball or Reusable Paintball Field owner?
Way cheaper than lazertag vest set ups
Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 PM #35
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

another problem is camera angles. I believe if we link all the players to a central hub and the producers can pick and choose who's footage the audience sees and when! they can DJ each point and combined with go-pro's on markers, highlight gun lanes (like first down markers on football games). WE NEED MORE CAMERA ANGLES IN PAINTBALL. I cant stand watching top-down nose bleed POV. If im not playing I want to immerse myself in it!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/10/52...as-waiting-for
Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 PM #36
p8ntballer101
K-nasty

love the vest I put it on my dream board-it would allow a point system to be available instead of just a race to format. the above video is a gopro x4D!