Community Focus

Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM #64
Commandd0g
Gregory Haas

Commandd0g is playing at Living Legends VI
Commandd0g owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Commandd0g is an NCPA player
Commandd0g has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What wrong with Tippmann, I've always used them for rec ball and woodsball, even decided on an alpha black as a cheap milsim until i can afford the X7 Phenom.

If you don't like Tippmann, keep it to your self, no one else wants to listen. I don't know about anyone else, but I listen to enough crud already everyday.
Commandd0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 AM #65
guyvercage

i believe they need updating but that just tippmann for you. like he say they are out date but i still like there marker.
guyvercage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 AM #66
kwai

hahahahaha to everyone that think tippmann dont need improvement. cause they do.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 AM #67
GhostWolf S1

Tippmann's are the perfect entry level marker, they are solid, well constructed, fairly priced, and perform well right out of the box. They have many upgrades and MilSim customization options, but they are due for another makeover. my first marker ever in the late 80's was a Tippmann and even today I still have at least 2 Tippmanns in my arsenal. They are kind of like the Ford of the paintball world, built tough, and wether you like or hate them they will always be around.
just my 2 cents
GhostWolf S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM #68
Dioxane

Dioxane supports Bob Gurnsey
Dioxane has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kwai,

Trying to read your posts is like listening to every third word spoken over a telephone.

I have several A5s that I have used with the RS Trigger and E Trigger. I can go full auto without any broken paint. I'm buying $40 per case paint, its the only one paint my field offers. I could drive 2 hours to the nearest store to get "better" paint, then 2 hours back - but it's not worth it. This is the same paint that people feed through their high end markers.

With my RS Trigger A5 I have crossed through a small pond, ducked down and kept the hopper and barrel above water and went to town with zero issues, show me your waterproof marker that can do the same? Each A5 has the upgraded cyclone, internals, rods, and seveal other modifications to make it my gun.

As for the weight, I never understood why people complain about it being bulky. I've never had one issue with weight, I've tried my friends angel for a day, couldn't stand it - I was way off balance with it, sure it was lighter but it didn't have the same if I dive and throw the marker I won't worry about it breaking on me. I will continue to use it against whatever the other team is using. Can I shoot paint as fast as them? No, but do I get as many people out as they do? Yes, even more so because I'll crawl through dirt, gravel, brush, water, mud, I'll dive and have no fear of landing on the marker (except for the incoming pain) I'll play it in speedball, woodsball, recball.

Tippmann know's exactly what it is doing and will continue to be a staple in the paintball industry, as it keeps a low price and is some of the easiest to maintain markers in existance.

The only two markers that are easier to maintain is a sling shot, and a permanant marker. (Sharpie! lol )

No, I don't work for Tippmann... sadly.
Dioxane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM #69
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Tippmann aside this dude needs to learn how to speak English.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM #70
sfleming

Why tippmann should make a high-end speedball gun

the mec/electronic switch is silly and the trigger put of the box is sh*t. It can be fixed by pulling out springs and a few other things.

So take out the trigger spring, re-pregrogram the market, and you are good to go. I fell on in tons of times and played with it in a down pour today... the thing is a work horse. I like it. My issue is a the idea of a crossover is dumb, just make a speedball gun that has the tippmann name on it. It's the most trusted name in paintball.

The A5 thread is a really poor choice. Deadly wind's Null barrel is the only good barrel the gun takes. TIPPMANN get a broomstick or a freak system to work on this gun and you will have the real deal. Also if you can make the programming a little more simple, that would be nice.

I never use the mec mode and have used the e-trigger all the time. If I wanted a mec gun I would get an A5 or an old school cocker. I have put up to 3 cases through this marker and never have the batter go dead. Any gun can be used as a woods ball gun (paint it green if you would like). a speedball gun is a better gun than any manufactured marker designed to look like a real gun. (I think this is moronic as paintball and combat have nothing in common as any vet will tell you, THIS IS A GAME)

Point being if you make another speedball gun make a pure speedball gun. Make it cost what it needs to and put the most trusted name in paintball on it TIPPMANN.

I like the gun. It shoots ropes and with the Null barrel is accurate as anything out there(for this market). GO ALL THE WAY WITH THIS GUN. Forget the woods ball crap b/c any gun can be used in the woods,a gun looking like a real gun does NOTHING. A long marker with a scope (this makes 0 sense) is good for 12 year old and mental defectives.

MY point is please make a top of the line speed-ball market (that fits expensive barrels, has top of the line (eyes, valves, etc., after offers after market boards). Doesn't put old technology from other markets in this gun and rename it. GO ALL OUT. PEOPLE WILL BUY IT. You have BY FAR the best name in paintball, make a paintball market that blows the competition away and you will rule the PP world. Even if it costs 1600 bucks people will by it. You can continue making your other guns and pp will by those as well.

You can have your cake and eat it two, rule he speedball space the same say you rule the beginner space. You will crush any companion, you have the resources to DO IT ... FAST. I will buy the first one.

sfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 AM #71
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
^^you realize you can buy a boomstick or a freak back that is A5 threaded right?

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM #72
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
^^you realize you can buy a boomstick or a freak back that is A5 threaded right?
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Parts-Fr...pmann+a5+freak

BAMF
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 AM #73
nuthb606

Wow!!! Hard as hell to read, I read about the 1st page of posts then skipped the rest.1st I gotta say is dude, learn to type clearly so people UNDERSTAND.

So if you are a dealer shouldn't you know not to use ****ty paint? There is a reason why some paints are cheaper then others. Another thing is we don't all work for tippmann or suck on tippmann freaking *******. Some of us just like the guns.It's like if I were to talk good about my car and tell others to buy 1 like it, does it mean I work for the company who makes it. NOOO, I just really like the car and want others to try it out.

I've bought tippmann guns bts spyders,azodin and some other brands.I can't fully say I am a loyal tippmann fan.But what I do know is tippmanns are meant for durability,looks, simplicty, and somewhat cheapness. There is no need to change tippmanns its meant for beginners to learn how to take care of there markers and understand the game of paintball. When the so called beginners or noobs understand what they need and want they can decide whether they keep it or just get rid of it.

If you give a 10 year old a tippmann 98 vs a mini.what happens when it breaks?Kid has to fix it.... Well, lets see how long it takes for the kid to try and fix the 98 vs the mini..... the 98 he probably will take a few glances put parts in places and maybe switch some orings and the kids done.Looks at the mini and is just like wtf. Looks at the wires and board, takes parts out, loses some small parts.All this complex stuff just because someone told him to get a mini.

There is no need for an upgraded tippmann. Tippmann sells great markers and if there are problems they try to solve the problems. Just because your ******* decided lets try to make this rec ball/woodsball gun shoot like a freaking speedball gun with hella upgrades and then it doesn't work, then you rant on about how it doesn't work anymore.

Also you ******* .... the tpx is a freaking pistol you don't shoot 25 dam rounds its meant as a secondary gun.If you use it as your primary you shouldn't complain about it having low amounts of ammo because you decided to use it as a primary.

Also some of the **** you complain about isn't even made by tippmann so go complain to them that it doesn't work.

Companies can't just make the **** you always want.It has to meet certain requirements that meet there standards. Tippmanns .... cheap, for beginners, durable,long lasting,recball/woodsball marker.Thats what it is.

..... So your somewhat a complete idiot.I hope there aren't kids that ask you for your advice because you wouldn't be able to help them with **** if you can't even keep your **** locked down.
nuthb606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM #74
bhblSTEELERfan

bhblSTEELERfan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhblSTEELERfan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhblSTEELERfan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Too much arguing going on to read every single post, I have a Tippmann A5 with egirp and selector switch. I bought it with my first paycheck from my first job when I was younger. I loved it for it's reliability. I actually like the a5 platform more than the original x7. But I have no experience with the Phenom so I can't make a statement about them. My biggest gripe I would have with mine was how rough it was on paint and how much air it would go through. I hope to see Tippmann stay in the scenario market, I don't believe they fit in with speedball. I would like to see them have a innovative scenario technology leap forward if that makes any sense.

P.S. If you are going to rage on my post and say something ignorant or complain about grammar. I won't respond cause frankly all I wanted to do was state my experience and what I would like to see Tippmann do in the future
Old 10-19-2012, 02:40 AM #75
thats_fantastic
‼=/= !! ‼!!

thats_fantastic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My only complaint about my A5 was that it was heavy, long, and slow.

Besides that it was great, and to fix the speed issue an r/t makes an A5 sing once you get squishy paddles.
thats_fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 PM #76
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
This guy seems very uneducated. He can't even put coherent sentences together. Tippmann is a great company. They make reliable, durable paintball guns. My first paintball gun was a 98c followed by an a5. They both served me great. No problems with them at all. I was able to compete against other players who used expensive electros in a wooded environment just fine. Eventually i sold my a5 and bought a gog envy. I would never go back to a tippmann after seeing how much better the envy is. But thats my opinion. Tippmanns are still great markers. How do you think the company is still in business?
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM #77
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Gotta say another reason I love tippmann markers. Went out today to the local field to play. With all of my gas hog mods on my 98 I easily got around 1000 shots out of my 68/4500. and my not as fast rate of fire got as many people out as the fancy ego's people had. Love tippy <3
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM #78
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GOG is more reliable than Tippmann?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM #79
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Here is the thing, most rentals I have seen are Tippmann A5's and have a fairly elementry operation. I think Spyder makes a more reliable marker thank Tippmann however they are the most common marker manufacture for rentals from what I've seen. I think the Tippmann name brings more to the game than a couple markers.

Tippmann is the General Motors of the Paintball world. I see things like Tippmann Castle, events sponsored by Tippmann, and new kids playing and enjoying the markers for the first time. Everyone get's mad at their car when it breaks down, it's the same for a marker. Does that make the manufacture bad? Not all the products can be bad for a company to be successful, but making markers available for a certain customer is what they do well.

I don't play a Tipmann and think electrics from Kee are my cup of tee. However I'd give Tippmann my money for them hosing or sponoring a event.

Sorry for the mis-spells.
Christian P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM #80
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
GOG is more reliable than Tippmann?
Where in my post did i say GOG is more reliable than tippmann? read more carefully next time before you comment.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM #81
The_BOFH

Tried to read all the posts here... honestly, people

It's obvious kwai is a troll, and you'll never be able to prove anything to him because that's not his goal.

As for my personal opinion on Tippmann markers - they are AK-47 of the paintball. Next to indestructible, extremely reliable, and maintainable by an average yeti.
'nuff said.
“This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai: if by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo
The_BOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM #82
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
I can honestly say that Tippmann is the route to go for all newbs. Their markers require very little in maintenance and a extremely durable. Plus the guns last a long time... I still have my first Tippmann and it still shoots. I have tried almost everything in an attempt to break it... drown in water and mud, bury in sand, banging against trees and hard ground, even driving a jeep over it. Aside from nicks and marks on the receiver, the marker shoots.
What I do not like is some of the reductions in quality of valves and internal pieces. All the plastic gives me fits and for me to truly enjoy these markers is to replace alot of the plastic crap with metal.

I have not owned a Tippmann since the first gen A5 and now with the Phenom and Crossover, I might consider picking one up. Aside from the fact that I have way too many guns to begin with.
XFT

F/S Cheap Gear - ALL ITEMS UNDER $40
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:37 PM #83
jdub2k5

jdub2k5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdub2k5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what I love about my 98, alpha black, and x7

cyclone never breaks a ball(havent broke a ball in 5000+ rounds in each gun)

I dont have to take care of them like I do a regular gun because I dont care about scratches if it gets me a kill

cheap parts, cheap upgrades

cons:
cant really compete with egos and whatnot
resale when I want to upgrade sucks so its more of a backup gun
my x7 is awful on the chrono

no longer supporting EMPIRE because they have terrible customer service and even worse paint
jdub2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote