PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM #1
flyweed

picked up a 2k2 timmy

Hey Guys

I just picked up a 2k2 timmy and really don't know alot about it. I read the owners manual, and it said that the 850psi air coming into the gun should really be lowered down to about 500psi. Can anyone confirm this is correct, or are you guys running it with 850psi going into the gun?

Also, there is no adjustable ram cap on this..just a plain, flat cap that screws all the way into the back of the threaded ram cap hole. Should I get an adjustable ram cap for it, and if so, what would you recommend?

Lastly, the gauge that is on the right hand side of the gun...does that read pressure in the HPR or LPR regulator?

Thanks
Dan
flyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM #2
flyweed

here's a few photos

Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM #3
flyweed

also..can anyone tell me what "version" my board is..it just says on the screen LCD ver. 2.0.2

thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM #4
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
turmoil has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice Timmy!

I've used a high pressure tank with my 2k2 and never had a problem.

I use the hybrid adjustable ram caps and then you can remove the bumper on the end of the ram

The gauge will read lpr pressure.

No clue on the board
turmoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM #5
flyweed

thanks for the quick reply turmoil..I appreciate it..OK, I won't worry about HPA then.

Got another question in regards to the LCD...I turn the power on, and let it boot up..and then I hold both left and right buttons until the backlight comes on....then I push the left button to enter the menu's..but NOTHING happens..no matter what I do..I don't get to any other menus. Is there some dipswitch setting I need to do to get the menu's fully functional? Or do you think there is a problem with the board? I am hoping that the dipswitches are set to some sort of lockout function or something..but otherwise the board powers up and eveything, and like I said, the backlight lights up when I push and hold both buttons, but I cannot access any menu's at all.

Dan
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM #6
flyweed

Ok..guys, I am really confused now..my 2k2 owners manual says that the regulator UNDER THE BARREL, in the horizontal position is the HPR, and the vertical one is my LPR. BUT, in the timmy forums, on adjusting HPR and LPR everyone says that the one under the barrel is LPR and the vertical torpedo, is the HPR....So which is which? Also, the Ashcroft guage on my front block goes from 0-300 PSI...does this gauge read the vertical torpedo reg or the smaller, horizontal reg? Where should this guage be set at? 80PSI ??

Thanks for any help
Dan
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 PM #7
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweed View Post
Ok..guys, I am really confused now..my 2k2 owners manual says that the regulator UNDER THE BARREL, in the horizontal position is the HPR, and the vertical one is my LPR. BUT, in the timmy forums, on adjusting HPR and LPR everyone says that the one under the barrel is LPR and the vertical torpedo, is the HPR....So which is which? Also, the Ashcroft guage on my front block goes from 0-300 PSI...does this gauge read the vertical torpedo reg or the smaller, horizontal reg? Where should this guage be set at? 80PSI ??

Thanks for any help
Dan
directly under the barrel is the LPR. the one with the macroline coming out of it is the HPR. The gauge reads the LPR and should not go above 90 for any reason. Look into sweet spotting your regulators
  • Rotors and Prophecy z2
jtguy2269 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:16 PM #8
flyweed

thanks. Weird that that 2k2 Timmy manual (in the diagrams) say that the one directly under the barrel is the HPR!!

Also. do you guys think my board is an S.O.B (semi auto only)? I opened up the clam shell and there are NO dipswitches that the manual talks about..and I cannot get the board to go into any other menu's at all.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 PM #9
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweed View Post
thanks. Weird that that 2k2 Timmy manual (in the diagrams) say that the one directly under the barrel is the HPR!!

Also. do you guys think my board is an S.O.B (semi auto only)? I opened up the clam shell and there are NO dipswitches that the manual talks about..and I cannot get the board to go into any other menu's at all.
2K2 manual is all kinds of messed up. Best to just read the Gen3 manual for maintenance.

SOB is semi only and a worthless board, I would advice to get rid of it and get a hold of a Frenzy or WAS board.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 PM #10
flyweed

anyone know where I can pick up a WAS board? I hear they are a direct fit...hopefully a 2.9 version
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM #11
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
BST, or Ebay

Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM #12
KeesHimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
directly under the barrel is the LPR. the one with the macroline coming out of it is the HPR. The gauge reads the LPR and should not go above 90 for any reason. Look into sweet spotting your regulators
The gauge on the front block reads the LPR?
KeesHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM #13
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesHimself View Post
The gauge on the front block reads the LPR?
Yes...