Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 AM #1
ohreallynow

Post Where to get started?

This is my first time with an account on PBN.... and i have some questions that i just cant find straight forward answers to, and I have looked so forgive me if I have passed up a thread similar to this one. So I have gradually been playing more speedball at local courses (San diego area) and I really want to get into tournaments or on a team. I'm 16. What division should i try to start out in? How would one find a team? how do i find tournaments? I have an empire axe, dye c12 pants/jersey, attack pack pro harness, rotor, 50 CI pure energy and i just use my old football cleats from last season, I4 goggles. (got pads too of course) Is that all I need?
ohreallynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
San Diego is a big place for teams. You should look into D4 teams to get started. Which field in San Diego do you play at? The PBlyfe organization is looking for new players for their younger teams. They are out of Camp P. Check them out.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM #3
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I'm glad you're getting interested in tournament paintball. It's great. I'll try to answer your questions as you asked them.

I'd recommend starting in the lowest division possible, which usually depends on the tournament series. Most tournaments have a rookie division, or, if it is using APPA (Paintball ranking database), Division 5. It's easy to move up if you find that you're better than the division you start in.

To find a team and tournaments, you can look in the regional forum (http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=518) for local fields, tournaments, and teams. I would recommend talking with the people you play with at your local fields- talk to the owners, refs, and other players. They can usually point you in the right direction and help you find people you need to talk to.

The gear you have is all you need. I started playing tournaments with a Tippmann and did just fine.

Good luck with everything. Let us know if you have more questions.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM #4
ohreallynow

thanks for such positive feedback! And as a matter of fact i have been playing at camp pendleton, i live semi-close to it. Would i just go to someone that works there and ask about pblyfe? and thanks cory688, ill hit up the regional section forum. I have also been playing at Mr.paintball escondido, and I know SC village is big on pbnation and my dad lives close to their corona location, but every time i go there isn't really anything going on. Would it be a good idea to post a thread in the regional forums that i'm looking for a low division team to start out in?

Last edited by ohreallynow : 11-20-2012 at 06:29 PM.
ohreallynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Look in the southern california regional section and you should be able to find a thread for their tryouts. If you asked around the tournament park for the pblyfe guys, most players there know who they are. You can pm me for me details.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote