Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 PM #85
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
mister2driver plays in the APPA D4 division
mister2driver supports Empire
^ Like I said he didn't feel the hit. So that's why he didn't call himself out.
I can say this through experience that I've been hit the hopper. Playing in pump tournament and at times a ball gets lobbed from distance you can't feel it. IDK why that is but it happened to me a couple times.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 03:01 PM #86
contractkilla117
Gator Bait

contractkilla117 is playing at Living Legends V
contractkilla117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Just out of curiosity did anyone else experience this "divisional leniency " rule ? I was coaching our race to 2 line which had second or third game of the day. We arrived on time and were on the start box a minute before the buzzer. However the other team ended up not making it on the field before the clock hit zero. The clock was reset in ten second increments three times (so an extra thirty seconds) before the other team made it to the field. Also, the other teams entire jersey was composed of yellow, which to my knowledge is a restricted color in the PSP. I brought this to the attention of the head ref and score keeper who both explained to me that because this was division four they would show leniency towards teams. I have been pulled personally for a restricted color sticker on my hopper , which I did not complain about as it was my own doing. And I have seen games where teams haven't made it to the box and it was considered a forfeit. It just seems to me that if we're going to have exemptions from rules why even have a rule book at all? My race to two line lost to the team, as they were over all better than my guys, which is not my complaint or why I am bringing this up. I am simply expressing my concerns and beliefs as to why the psp runs behind schedule and that there's is a severe lack of consistency in the reffing and lack of comprehension of the rule book.
4th PSP CHICAGO 2013
4th PSP West Coast Open 2013
2nd CFPS 4 2013
Fierce, Jacks Raiders, Notorious, CFP Static, The Goonies.
www.empirepaintball.com
contractkilla117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM #87
ombres13

ombres13 plays in the PSP
ombres13 supports our troops
ombres13 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by contractkilla117 View Post
Just out of curiosity did anyone else experience this "divisional leniency " rule ? I was coaching our race to 2 line which had second or third game of the day. We arrived on time and were on the start box a minute before the buzzer. However the other team ended up not making it on the field before the clock hit zero. The clock was reset in ten second increments three times (so an extra thirty seconds) before the other team made it to the field. Also, the other teams entire jersey was composed of yellow, which to my knowledge is a restricted color in the PSP. I brought this to the attention of the head ref and score keeper who both explained to me that because this was division four they would show leniency towards teams. I have been pulled personally for a restricted color sticker on my hopper , which I did not complain about as it was my own doing. And I have seen games where teams haven't made it to the box and it was considered a forfeit. It just seems to me that if we're going to have exemptions from rules why even have a rule book at all? My race to two line lost to the team, as they were over all better than my guys, which is not my complaint or why I am bringing this up. I am simply expressing my concerns and beliefs as to why the psp runs behind schedule and that there's is a severe lack of consistency in the reffing and lack of comprehension of the rule book.
Games were moving quicker than according to the rulebook. Unless I am mistaken, there are 2 minutes between 5man matches. To keep things moving there was less time between the matches. When a team had an issue and couldn't meet the rushed time they delayed the game so that said team could get to the box. Or I'm completely wrong.

As for the colors I can't say. Perhaps you're referring to a CFP team whose jerseys looked like they had a bunch of yellow but didn't?
ombres13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM #88
mibunkerking
Chris-PSP Head Ref

mibunkerking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombres13 View Post
Games were moving quicker than according to the rulebook. Unless I am mistaken, there are 2 minutes between 5man matches. To keep things moving there was less time between the matches. When a team had an issue and couldn't meet the rushed time they delayed the game so that said team could get to the box. Or I'm completely wrong.
There is NO set time limit between race-to-2 matches. The time between game can be and is set by the fields ultimate. Some call 10secs when teams are ready. Some (like me) set a break time usually around 60secs. On my field, if you weren't on the field at the buzzer, you missed your game. And I told every team captain that at the meeting before each bracket. This is not because I'm an ***, its because APPA schedules a 5 minute game every 4 minutes and thats what we have to do to make it work. After the first team lost due to not paying attention and being late, pretty much every team got the message and had no more problems.

PSP Head Refferee
mibunkerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM #89
contractkilla117
Gator Bait

contractkilla117 is playing at Living Legends V
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibunkerking

There is NO set time limit between race-to-2 matches. The time between game can be and is set by the fields ultimate. Some call 10secs when teams are ready. Some (like me) set a break time usually around 60secs. On my field, if you weren't on the field at the buzzer, you missed your game. And I told every team captain that at the meeting before each bracket. This is not because I'm an ***, its because APPA schedules a 5 minute game every 4 minutes and thats what we have to do to make it work. After the first team lost due to not paying attention and being late, pretty much every team got the message and had no more problems.
That's how it should be done .

And no I am referring to the team that had ALL yellow jerseys with the Macdev logo on them
4th PSP CHICAGO 2013
4th PSP West Coast Open 2013
2nd CFPS 4 2013
Fierce, Jacks Raiders, Notorious, CFP Static, The Goonies.
www.empirepaintball.com
contractkilla117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM #90
11shooter

Annual Supporting Member
11shooter plays in the PSP
11shooter plays in the APPA D3 division
11shooter supports Empire
time in between matches in race to 2 for us was no issue untill we made finals. i believe finals should have a couple of more minutes in between points or a time out, psp and the refs need to understand that not everyone will take staff to rt2.