Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM #22
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Timmy > Ego, and why do you hate macroless? While it's advanteges are few, it has no real dissadvanteages.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM #23
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349 View Post
Timmy > Ego, and why do you hate macroless? While it's advanteges are few, it has no real dissadvanteages.
Bob makes great guns..... For rec ballers.

The reason you WANT a macro is so that you can air up the marker WITHOUT the frame. Makes diagnosing leaks infinitely faster. You'll denounce the company that made your $1200 marker by the 5th time you have reasmbled it and it still leaks.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM #24
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Nothing about Bob's guns are strictly for recballers.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM #25
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

Its the whole "pull it out of the gearbag and it works " thing is why I prefer planet over bob. The g6r s iv seen at my local fields where finicky to say the least. Even bob recommends tuning the marker with a pressure tester every time you gas it up. (Don't ask for a link). Sorry, but don't have time for that ish.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM #26
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Every BL gun I've ever had was fine with the same level of maintenance I've always done on any of my guns. What he's talking about is really for the people who absolutely have to get 2400 shots out of their 68/4500, or must have a spread of +/-3bps. I've had my Darq for a couple years now, and other than the occassional lube job and having one new pillow put into the bolt, I've done nothing to her. Yet, when I took her to Bjorn and Terry this spring at Living Legends, just to be sure the pressures and settings were good, they told me they were dead on perfect. Never touched them once.

Sure, Planet's guns are built to run without being maintained by the user much. But that brings to mind the AK47 theory of gun building. The looser you build tolerances in a gun, the more reliable it's going to be. It'll shoot when it's gunked up, not maintained, tossed into a gear bag/gun case until the next time and it'll still work. But there's a price to be paid for that kind of build. It's not as efficient, it's not as precise.

On top of that, one really nice thing about Bob's guns is that you can take a 10 year old gun to them and they'll help you out with whatever may be up with it. PE won't touch a 6 year old gun. It feels like their way of saying "oh, you have an older one of our guns? That's nice, but screw you unless you buy a new one".

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:27 PM #27
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

I disagree with alot of your statements.

Iv definitely heard of a few people having trouble getting parts from bob. Gen 4 ram sleeves? I don't claim to be an expert and arguing from my phone, makes my Google Fu weak.

2. Iv never seen a bob gun get effeciency any better than my ego or a1 fly. Granted those are both known for being effecient, but never the magical "full case with air left over! " claims.

3. Egos are built to very tight tolerances. Infact so tight that you use only oil and not grease on all dynamic orings. They are reliable due to the simplicity engineered into them. As for shot quality, stock? Yes a cannon. After I spent a little time tuning, it got much better and was +- 2. Played 3 points without airing up on a 68/3k fill. Since I added the dart kit, I haven't had a chance to tune, but its very comperable to my a1 fly. I wouldn't hesitate to do a side by side with any g6r.

You have to understand my pov. I don't play for fun. To me competition IS the fun. I need a marker that simply never quits. Practice is important, but game day is almost priceless. Even if there are markers out there that get 1 more pod, or are ever so slightly, barely, noticeably smoother or quieter, that isn't gonna sway me over something that's known to perform every time, no questions asked. Old racers used to have a saying: "to finish first, you must first, finish."

In person I'm a very nice guy and honestly don't care what anyone shoots. Its all just a game, but I like to have technical reasons for an opinion.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM #28
sleepykat
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
ok, so i buy 2 miniregs off bst. Told "haven't used, so as is". I reply no problem i would replace orings anyway

receive 2 miniregs with 0 internals. One hand polished, kinda, with the velocity screw (the only internal) stripped and destroyed so i had to glue in a hex key just to get it out.

Rightfully annoyed? or my bad for not asking more about "as is".
Is that why you bought that mini reg kit from me trancer? Let me just state now it's brand new unless Bob used them before he sent it to me few years back Hopefully j/k lol

Tim
sleepykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM #29
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

JokersWild53 plays in the APPA D4 division
trancer, i would still be pissed, if a reg is sold without guts, it should not be sold "as is"

as is gives the assumption of working.

not having guts is entirely different, should have been sold as "gutless reg"

unless u got them for retarded cheap, i would be pissed
JokersWild53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 PM #30
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
I disagree with alot of your statements.

Iv definitely heard of a few people having trouble getting parts from bob. Gen 4 ram sleeves? I don't claim to be an expert and arguing from my phone, makes my Google Fu weak.

2. Iv never seen a bob gun get effeciency any better than my ego or a1 fly. Granted those are both known for being effecient, but never the magical "full case with air left over! " claims.

3. Egos are built to very tight tolerances. Infact so tight that you use only oil and not grease on all dynamic orings. They are reliable due to the simplicity engineered into them. As for shot quality, stock? Yes a cannon. After I spent a little time tuning, it got much better and was +- 2. Played 3 points without airing up on a 68/3k fill. Since I added the dart kit, I haven't had a chance to tune, but its very comperable to my a1 fly. I wouldn't hesitate to do a side by side with any g6r.

You have to understand my pov. I don't play for fun. To me competition IS the fun. I need a marker that simply never quits. Practice is important, but game day is almost priceless. Even if there are markers out there that get 1 more pod, or are ever so slightly, barely, noticeably smoother or quieter, that isn't gonna sway me over something that's known to perform every time, no questions asked. Old racers used to have a saying: "to finish first, you must first, finish."

In person I'm a very nice guy and honestly don't care what anyone shoots. Its all just a game, but I like to have technical reasons for an opinion.
I disagree with just about every point you've made. I fully agree with Pump Scout. Bob Long markers are rock solid and have always had a reputation as such.

I've owned every generation of Bob Long marker. After Angel went under, I moved to a G6R as my primary marker. I've never had an issue with it. My Vice? Left it in a box untouched for over a year (I was shooting A1 Flys), decided to take it out, did no maintenance on it, and it shot perfectly. I didn't even need to adjust the velocity!

Don't get me wrong, Egos are nice markers. They are very close to on par with Bob's guns, but if I have my choice between a $1200 foreign marker and a $900 domestic marker that are basically the same performance and reliability wise, I'm going to buy the cheaper domestic made product. Not to mention as Pump Scout pointed out, Bob Long will support the marker pretty much for life.

As far as macro less making the marker harder to diagnose leaks? Hardly. You're probably one of those people that thinks Angels are complicated as well. If you know what you are doing, it's quite easy. I've worked on countless markers, Bob's, PE's, Angels... just about everything out there except a few obscure markers. I've come up with mods for markers (SCM-III internals in an Alias LPR, A1 and G7 wired replacement eyes (Doc and I came up with that together as documented in an AOG thread), A1 frame on a G7, Virtue OLED board in an NME, etc.) I've NEVER put a marker together five times and still had it leak. I would be hard pressed to say that I've had to disassemble/reassemble a leaky marker more than once and it still had a leak.

I don't mean to be offensive, but you are living in some alternate universe if you believe Bob Long markers have reliability issues or are even remotely difficult to maintain!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM #31
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

You owning 2 markers is hardly a market share. Even going into the Timmy forums there's TONS of threads about schrader valves being dead from the factory, or just the general "help! G6r wont shoot over 260/inconsistent! ", I'm glad you guys have all had good luck with the handful of bobs guns, but they cant be compared in the reliability department to the ego. Main reason why so many divisional teams shoot pe and bob cant afford a pro team.

Angels are complicated.

Compared to most other markers out there. Servicing them takes normally twice as long, and replacement parts are costly.

This is all comperably speaking of course.

Iv owned a LCD, WAS'ED speed3, speed 5, a1, and 1fly. Teched all of them, with only the help of the doc. My dream marker is a lnib graphit MT force 4 fly. Iv got plenty of angel street cred.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM #32
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Two markers? Hardly. I currently own over 30 markers. As far as BL markers, in addition to the g6r and Vice, I also own a Gen 4, a Dragon, three Alias', two 2k2s, and two custom built (by me) AIM bodied 2k2s.

In addition I've worked on countless OTHER peoples markers at my local fields.

Rarely have I seen a problem that wasn't a leak, due to lack of maintenance, that was easily solvable with lube and maybe a fresh o-ring or two.

There is no maker that is more reliable than a Bob Long marker. There are markers that are as reliable, but not many.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 PM #33
saunders182

saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349
Two markers? Hardly. I currently own over 30 markers. As far as BL markers, in addition to the g6r and Vice, I also own a Gen 4, a Dragon, three Alias', two 2k2s, and two custom built (by me) AIM bodied 2k2s.

In addition I've worked on countless OTHER peoples markers at my local fields.

Rarely have I seen a problem that wasn't a leak, due to lack of maintenance, that was easily solvable with lube and maybe a fresh o-ring or two.

There is no maker that is more reliable than a Bob Long marker. There are markers that are as reliable, but not many.
Don't mean to sound like a troll but this is spot on. I have personally had 3 different G6R's, 2 vices and a victory. Never had any issue with any of them. The "help I can't get my velocity above 260." Thread you mentioned is one. One thread. I'm sure my buddy would have posted "it's 45 degrees and my ego 11 is breaking paint" while my G6R was shooting just fine. Bob long has produced and continues to produce top notch ( Notice I didn't say the best ever.) markers. I mean if your going to go by that theory then look trough the DLX forum. A lot of leaks. Easy fixes. But a lot of threads. Now does this mean Luxes are unreliable or bad. Nope. I love mine and maintain it and haven't had any issue.

If you are looking for a marker you can throw away dirty an pull out 3 years from now and it works perfectly then that's your personal preference. I like taking care of my stuff. From my house to my paintball gear. But that's just me.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 PM #34
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

planet eclipse designs there markers to have minimal maintenance, but the downfall look at the geo, its not nearly as smooth, efficient, or quite as any other spool out there.

Same goes for the ego, while you put a little bit of oil on it occasionally, it doesn't get the numbers that the g6r does in terms of consistency or efficiency.

if you want to be lazy and not take care of your markers planet eclipse is perfect, but if you can find 5minutes of your time to take care of you're 1k investment, buy a bob long
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 PM #35
snapshot82
proudcanukian

totally unrelated but saunders182 lets see some pics of that grey/green dragon

| The Ontario Mafia |
snapshot82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM #36
saunders182

saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot82
totally unrelated but saunders182 lets see some pics of that grey/green dragon
Totally detailed this thread.... But yea ill put some on the Timmy forum lol
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 AM #37
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269
planet eclipse designs there markers to have minimal maintenance, but the downfall look at the geo, its not nearly as smooth, efficient, or quite as any other spool out there.

Same goes for the ego, while you put a little bit of oil on it occasionally, it doesn't get the numbers that the g6r does in terms of consistency or efficiency.

if you want to be lazy and not take care of your markers planet eclipse is perfect, but if you can find 5minutes of your time to take care of you're 1k investment, buy a bob long
So the Greenspan video of the geo 3 is trickery??

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM #38
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Greenspan managed 1220 shots. DM 12s and NTs get similar and those are older platforms than the Geo 3.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM #39
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Greenspan managed 1220 shots. DM 12s and NTs get similar and those are older platforms than the Geo 3.
Oh so your talking 6 months "older tech" a dm12 was a year old the geo is approx 6 months.....but you said the Geos don't get good efficiency and that right there proves your a bit off center bud. I'm only saying the geo has good efficiency ---games barely last long enough to get off that much to begin with so this be a moot point.

This is suppose to be a angel thread:::get the **** out if you don't own one, go show off yer fancy clown colored "mint" guns that get a million shots off a 12 gram. Angels are heavy , cheap and provide plenty of comic relief to those that like spending a G on a recreational newb blaster.

978-530-6747

Last edited by sledneckforlife : 11-19-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 AM #40
greatwolf329
still sick of idiots

Annual Supporting Member
Bst posts outside of the bst is against the rules.

Also in your listing, state what "parts kits" are included as some are worth decent money( rams) and some are worth peanuts.

Also adjust your price to be realistic. Parting out the lot will get you closer to your asking price.

Back on topic, I would love for them to make a reappearance, but I'm not going to hold my breath. No sense in getting disappointed. With the way people are coming up with creative solutions for longevity I'm not too worried( docs eyes, angel verse rebuild able rams, etc)
greatwolf329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:33 PM #41
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Oh so your talking 6 months "older tech" a dm12 was a year old the geo is approx 6 months.....but you said the Geos don't get good efficiency and that right there proves your a bit off center bud. I'm only saying the geo has good efficiency ---games barely last long enough to get off that much to begin with so this be a moot point.

This is suppose to be a angel thread:::get the **** out if you don't own one, go show off yer fancy clown colored "mint" guns that get a million shots off a 12 gram. Angels are heavy , cheap and provide plenty of comic relief to those that like spending a G on a recreational newb blaster.
No need to to be combative and resort to childish name calling.

I did NOT say the Geo 3 doesn't get good efficiency. jtguy2269 did. I implied that the Geo 3 doesn't get better efficeincy than other spools in the same class (It gets similar, not better).

I know that the DM12 is only 6 months older than the Geo 3. I also mentioned the NT which is over a year older. My point is that I would want my brand new expensive high end marker to outperform in every way, every other marker in it's class that came before it.

As far as Angels, I currently own two A1 Flys, an A1, and the only A1 framed G7 in the world (An Angel Gat to be specific). I've owned many others in the past as well. I'm not sure why you have the impression I don't own any Angels.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM #42
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

No need to to be combative and resort to childish name calling.

I did NOT say the Geo 3 doesn't get good efficiency. jtguy2269 did. I implied that the Geo 3 doesn't get better efficeincy than other spools in the same class (It gets similar, not better).

I know that the DM12 is only 6 months older than the Geo 3. I also mentioned the NT which is over a year older. My point is that I would want my brand new expensive high end marker to outperform in every way, every other marker in it's class that came before it.

As far as Angels, I currently own two A1 Flys, an A1, and the only A1 framed G7 in the world (An Angel Gat to be specific). I've owned many others in the past as well. I'm not sure why you have the impression I don't own any Angels.
I was basing my angels only speak to those that are just talking about other guns---and prolly don't own a angel. You sir sound like a very wise individual. I like the repping of wdp. I'd never buy a brand new tourney gun for rec play, which is what I play nowadays. I understand wanting the biggest bang for your buck. Either way, hell will freeze over before I own a dye gun or anything else non WDP.

978-530-6747