PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 PM #1
flyweed

Need some Gen 3 Timmy tech help

Hey guys

just recently purchased a Bob Long Gen 3 Dark intimidator here on PBN. the ONLY thing I've changed out on this gun is the HPR..I got rid of th CP reg and put on a Bob Long 360.

Tonight I aired up my tank, and connected it to my gun and turned the ASA on..first thing I heard was air leaking inside the pistol grip. Aired down, removed grips and opend clamshell. I notice the clear air hose on the very UPPER barb was off. I put it back on and aired up the gun again. NO LEAKS now, BUT......when I turned the ASA on, it kicked the bolt all the way to the rear or back position. is this normal?

Anyway...next, I had both air adjustment screws on the HPR and the LPR adjusted out flush with the bodies of the regs, and was going to adjust the LPR so the gauge read 85psi..ONLY thing is..when I turned the LPR screw in, the gauge did NOTHING. so....I went and started adjusting the HPR (bob long 360) reg in, and the gauge started quickly going UP. I thought this gauge was SUPPOSE to read LPR, not HPR. What's going on? Here's a pic

I drew a green circle around the gauge and the arrow shows which adjustment reg makes the reg go up in pressure

here you can see my noid with the hoses at top connected again. Like I said, at first the very top hose was disconnected.

one more photo of the gauge and regulator setup

So..my question is...why won't my gun fire? when I pull the trigger nothing happens...the air kicks the bolt all the way into the rear or back position and not forward. I am sure it's a simple fix, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be great.
Dan

Last edited by flyweed : 11-21-2012 at 09:31 AM.
flyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Take off the Volumizer for starter's. It's uneeded and more then likely causing your LPR to get bypassed like that.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM #3
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
turmoil has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
it's completely normal for the bolt to be pushed back when you air up the gun.

what it sounds like you did when setting the pressures was crank up the LPR pressure, but forgot to turn the HPR in a little bit just to get the gun cycling. then, when you went to adjust your HPR the gauge started going up because of how you had set it previously.

check out the sticky below on setting your pressures -- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...997#post640997
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM #4
Darkapollo

I too believe you should remove the volly chamber.
Make sure the Orings are on the LPR as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 AM #5
flyweed

removed the volly, and this fixed pretty much everything! I can't believe that little piece of crap would do so much "wrong".

I do have a leaking hose just above the trigger now I can hear leaking air..so gotta fix that yet, otherwise, gun seems to be working fine now.

Dan
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM #6
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweed
removed the volly, and this fixed pretty much everything! I can't believe that little piece of crap would do so much "wrong".

I do have a leaking hose just above the trigger now I can hear leaking air..so gotta fix that yet, otherwise, gun seems to be working fine now.

Dan
might need to tighten the barb or get some new hoses

and yes the larger volumizers suck on a Gen3. the mini ones aren't to bad but most people just don't use them on one
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM #7
Dentpusher

Ha, Ha!!! Dude THAT is a lot of leg! U naked or what!?

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM #8
flyweed

nope..shorts on man...just broke my foot, and cant get jeans on over my right leg..so gotta just wear shorts for a while!