Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM #1
smarthomes

smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
MiLP Requesting Suggestions for Improvement for 2013 Season

We are looking for input from players for how we can improve Minor League Paintball. Specific things I would like to know are:

1. How important is being able to bring your own paint. In the past, we have offered Premium/Evil for the special event price of $45 a case.

2. Do you prefer to play the same venue throughout the year or do you prefer to go to different cities? If the MiLP traveled to venues that were all within a couple of hours (Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, Chattanooga, Etc.) would that be a series you be interested in playing?

3. What format do you prefer? In the past we have offered Race-To formats with consecutive points. How would you feel about D5 Race-To 2 (5 man style), D4 Race-To 3 (Xball) and D3 Race-To 4? Would you prefer D4 Race-To 2 (5 man style)?

4. Is a series prize important to you? If we offered free entry to World Cup and 10 cases of paint at Cup, would that make you more likely to play our series?

What other things are important to you? We have been known to run well reffed organized events, but maybe you have ideas to how we could do things better.

Thanks for your help with this and I hope to see you in 2013.

Steve
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM #2
Dirty J
FAT CITY

has been a member for 10 years
Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
I know that no byop was the killer for us last year.

FOR SALE: Empire Axe - unique color swaps
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM #3
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
I think one set location is not a bad thing, because some may complain about the travel, but from any of those locations to the next you are looking at 2-4 hours drive. So for a series prize, that would be a big killer for teams that couldn't make that travel and were looking for a "closer" venue to one area.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 AM #4
FC_2003
R.I.P 10 Man

FC_2003 plays in the PSP
FC_2003 plays in the APPA D3 division
I would recommend BYOP

I also think a race to 2 might be good. You still get a race format, but reduce the amount of paint teams shoot and the time needed to run the event.

I would like to see events in North Atl as well.

Personally, I am not as concerned about series prizes. Have good event prizes announced in advance and give a trophy for the season.

GFOA Champions: Open Division 2012

2nd Place 2012 PSP World Cup 10 Man Open
FC_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM #5
MaximumBalla

has been a member for 10 years
Don't worry about season prizes, decent prizes for each event is much more important. Trophies for season is plenty.

Insane is obviously a great location, but I think expanding some from there would be a good move. 5 events is perfect, 1 before each PSP like yall have done.
IMO, you should keep 2 events at Insane, 1 in north georgia (Nitro), 1 in either ATL(Dosser) or Mid GA (Big Indian), and 1 in northern Alabama (Prime?)

As for paint- $45 a case is decent and puts everyone on an equal playing field- but that makes it pretty rough for D3 since it is Raceto4. I would suggest either offering slighlty lower paint price or BYOP option for D3 since more paint is being slung. Or another option to lower cost would be to drop down to raceto3 like d4. Don't drop down to Raceto2 for d3 though, this is the only place for ppl around here to play x-ball format.

Looking forward to trying out MILP next year, heard only great things about reffing and smoothness of the events!
facebook.com/fatcitypaintball
NITRO --- EMPIRE
MaximumBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups