Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM #85
Oedipus
god save captain slow
 
Oedipus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Butts
Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
If I didn't have other bills to worry about such as my truck payments, insurance, rent, living expenses, etc I would go into my savings say okay I'm gonna take this much out and buy a computer.

I don't have that luxury because who knows when I might need to use that 1500. I could get in a car accident and I gotta pay my deductible, towing fees, etc. my dog might get sick and have to go to the vet. That's the whole thing is that I don't touch my savings unless I have to. I use my disposable income to pay off things like this.

I'm not sure how old you are, nor does it matter but clearly it doesn't sound like you have many responsibilities to account for, or life experience. You'll understand when you have to take more things into consideration than just buying a computer.
Wow, and here I thought I was the arrogant one around here. I don't buy anything until I have enough to buy the item, pay for routine expenses, and still have enough to cover any unintended costs that may come up. That has nothing to do with financial inexperience or lack of responsibilities. That's just different from how you do it.
__________________
ST:Tech -- Three solid failures away from emptying large quantities of ammunition into a daycare.

Last edited by Oedipus : 11-18-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: ****farts
Oedipus is online now  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM #86
Promagistrate
such motto
 
Promagistrate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
pp goes n but
__________________
wat
wat
wat
wat
wat
Promagistrate is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 PM #87
jcdenton69
****ter King
 
jcdenton69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Not Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
poor people are awful
jcdenton69 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 PM #88
Oedipus
god save captain slow
 
Oedipus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Butts
Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Canadians are worse.

Especially dishonest ones who ride right on through town without telling me.
__________________
ST:Tech -- Three solid failures away from emptying large quantities of ammunition into a daycare.

Last edited by Oedipus : 11-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Oedipus is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 AM #89
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
If I didn't have other bills to worry about such as my truck payments, insurance, rent, living expenses, etc I would go into my savings say okay I'm gonna take this much out and buy a computer.

I don't have that luxury because who knows when I might need to use that 1500. I could get in a car accident and I gotta pay my deductible, towing fees, etc. my dog might get sick and have to go to the vet. That's the whole thing is that I don't touch my savings unless I have to. I use my disposable income to pay off things like this.

I'm not sure how old you are, nor does it matter but clearly it doesn't sound like you have many responsibilities to account for, or life experience. You'll understand when you have to take more things into consideration than just buying a computer.
If you don't have the ****ing luxury maybe you shouldn't do it. Bill Me Later is credit/a loan. Put aside a fund for your computer and take a bit from every pay check then once you have enough, then go buy it, the way you're going about it, if you have an unforseen incident or something happen, you may not have enough to even make the payment. Then you're stuck with some crazy *** Apr that's gonna rape the **** out of you. You're own damn logic is flawed.
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 AM #90
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
I charged everything on my credit card when I ordered all my parts for my build. It didn't feel to bad paying for parts on several websites. But when I went to pay all my computer parts off... I didn't know how fast everything added up. After I paid it off... I felt a little nervous that maybe I couldn't build it... or it wouldn't work... since it was my first build. After building it... and how it turned out... I felt it was worth it. Best part of it all was knowing that it was paid in full. The unintended costs was a lot too... and I had a few parts I didn't use... like indigo xtreme. The reflow process looked to scary to use.
erayser is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM #91
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Hey Ray, would you mind moderating a secret santa for the tech section?
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 AM #92
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Clearly no one in here has reading comprehension. I have the money to buy it up front, but I'm choosing to use a credit system so I don't have to pay it upfront. Make sense? I use my disposable income to make my payments.

Disposable income comes into play after all my other bills are accounted for. And in a month it would be more than enough to cover the ~250 a month I would pay to beat out getting raped by their insanely high APR.

If something were to happen I still have money tucked away to cover the bill. Much in the way that I have money tucked away to last more than a 2 months if I didn't have a source of income.
byarosh201 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 AM #93
Oedipus
god save captain slow
 
Oedipus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Butts
Oedipus supports DLX Technology
You should take part in our secret santa so somebody can send you Big Red.
__________________
ST:Tech -- Three solid failures away from emptying large quantities of ammunition into a daycare.
Oedipus is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 AM #94
Twizy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Twizy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twizy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by *knock-out05* View Post
If you don't have the ****ing luxury maybe you shouldn't do it. Bill Me Later is credit/a loan. Put aside a fund for your computer and take a bit from every pay check then once you have enough, then go buy it, the way you're going about it, if you have an unforseen incident or something happen, you may not have enough to even make the payment. Then you're stuck with some crazy *** Apr that's gonna rape the **** out of you. You're own damn logic is flawed.
I completely agree with this guy.
Twizy is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM #95
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head
 
Cmizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Cmizzle is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 AM #96
Alan Colmes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
If you have the money, use it. That way, it's off the books and you're done.
Alan Colmes is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 AM #97
Laius
OBEY THE MAY
 
Laius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KO's bushes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizy View Post
I completely agree with this guy.
ya man, i concur as well
Laius is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 AM #98
Promagistrate
such motto
 
Promagistrate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
cockamamie
__________________
wat
wat
wat
wat
wat
Promagistrate is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 AM #99
IGiveGoodAdvice
Listen to me.
 
IGiveGoodAdvice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Carrying something on a credit card even though you already have the money to pay for it (right? right?) is a game that will eventually come back to bite you.
IGiveGoodAdvice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 AM #100
jcdenton69
****ter King
 
jcdenton69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Not Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
Clearly no one in here has reading comprehension. I have the money to buy it up front, but I'm choosing to use a credit system so I don't have to pay it upfront. Make sense? I use my disposable income to make my payments.

Disposable income comes into play after all my other bills are accounted for. And in a month it would be more than enough to cover the ~250 a month I would pay to beat out getting raped by their insanely high APR.

If something were to happen I still have money tucked away to cover the bill. Much in the way that I have money tucked away to last more than a 2 months if I didn't have a source of income.
ur dum
jcdenton69 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 AM #101
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King
 
shiboboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: So Cal
 has been a member for 10 years
There is no reason not to take advantage of what essentially becomes an interest free loan, even when you have the money to pay for it upfront. All things being equal, that's all it is. Why spend your own money when you don't have to?

Whether or not he has a sufficient amount of savings is irrelevant to the general concept.
__________________
ST: A Constant Probationary Status


Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 AM #102
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.
 
Supra_MKIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Not what you think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laius View Post
ya man, i concur as well
Whoa. Totally thought this one was banned.
__________________
ST:Tech- We write Haikus. Also, THE PLAGUE

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 AM #103
ilovejesus
carry the zero
 
ilovejesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
just ordered a sample kit of mechanical switches for $8.

anyone here with a mech keyboard use o-rings?
__________________
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
█░░░░██░░███░░█░█░░░███░░░██░░███░░░██░░░
█░░░█░░█░█░░█░█░█░░░█░░░░█░░█░█░░░░█░░█░░
█░░░████░█░░█░░█░░░░█░░█░████░█░░█░████░░
███░█░░█░███░░░█░░░░████░█░░█░████░█░░█░░
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: I have to rub the flower penis onto the flower vaginas."
ilovejesus is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM #104
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejesus View Post
just ordered a sample kit of mechanical switches for $8.

anyone here with a mech keyboard use o-rings?
I use blue switches... which is the loudest switch. I like the clicky sound... and I also like sound of my keys bottoming out. Nobody complains about the sound of my keyboard at home... so I don't need orings to prevent the keys from bottoming out. Unless someone in your house is complaining about how loud your mech keyboard is... orings arn't necessary.
erayser is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM #105
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
damn it talking about mechanicals make me crave that sound
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump