Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 PM #22
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

has been a member for 10 years
CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.L_Paintball View Post
kind of hard to comprehend the load of horse**** that you call this thread. Half the teams your attacking dont even fit the description your giving them. Since your all knowing why arent you out there doing something instead of trolling other teams threads....
READING COMPREHENSION WINS GAMES KID!!!

Please go quote me where I attacked any specific team... If you think I am referring to any specific team or thread with my description maybe they DO FIT THE MOLD SON.

God damn people really can't read..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 PM #23
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
i want to play coach

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM #24
T.I.L_Paintball
What's a SKU?

T.I.L_Paintball plays in the PSP
T.I.L_Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T.I.L_Paintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post
READING COMPREHENSION WINS GAMES KID!!!

Please go quote me where I attacked any specific team... If you think I am referring to any specific team or thread with my description maybe they DO FIT THE MOLD SON.

God damn people really can't read..
Lol, maybe "attacked" was the wrong word, but you still went out of your way to post in multiple team tryout threads for no reason to inform them that they shouldnt be holding tryouts. then, after all that you decided it was necessary to make this pointless thread about something that isnt even your business in the first place. Some people prefer to do things their own way, your rant isnt gonna change anything.
Go ahead and get the last word, apparently im not capable of reading your responses anyway
T.I.L_Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 AM #25
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance plays in the MiLP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
mmmm. I like this thread. Ive often wondered that myself about the chicago paintball scene and why the fields are not mobbed like they used to be. Such a hotbed of talent.

That said:
Pound Town will also be permanatly fielding a line out of Chicago next season in addition to the STL lines we have now. We have so many wisconson players its becoming logistically hard to get them all to STL. Personally the idea of joining an established program over starting a new team is more appealing, to each his own however. Look for Xball tryouts coming soon...

P.S. if someone in charge of CLP or PBX could contact me about details of setting up said tryout, that would be appreciated.

-Pepper

Last edited by pepformance : 11-02-2012 at 09:30 AM.
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM #26
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.L_Paintball View Post
Lol, maybe "attacked" was the wrong word, but you still went out of your way to post in multiple team tryout threads for no reason to inform them that they shouldnt be holding tryouts. then, after all that you decided it was necessary to make this pointless thread about something that isnt even your business in the first place. Some people prefer to do things their own way, your rant isnt gonna change anything.
Go ahead and get the last word, apparently im not capable of reading your responses anyway
Im sorry, my thread was clearly aimed at EVERY SINGLE TEAM that is trying to start, and giving them some advise that maybe they would not otherwise think about. If this thread does no apply to you then you need not post here...

As far as posting in threads and making this one, I have had this feeling for quite some time and seeing all the new "team" threads popping up recently has sparked my confusion on the subject.

Logic wins games.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:35 PM #27
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepformance View Post
mmmm. I like this thread. Ive often wondered that myself about the chicago paintball scene and why the fields are not mobbed like they used to be. Such a hotbed of talent.

That said:
Pound Town will also be permanatly fielding a line out of Chicago next season in addition to the STL lines we have now. We have so many wisconson players its becoming logistically hard to get them all to STL. Personally the idea of joining an established program over starting a new team is more appealing, to each his own however. Look for Xball tryouts coming soon...

P.S. if someone in charge of CLP or PBX could contact me about details of setting up said tryout, that would be appreciated.

-Pepper
This kind of stuff I have 0 gripe with. You guys are established, you've gotten some decent tournament performances under your belt, and you are also backed and taught by some of the best in the business, I.E. Moss and GP.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM #28
ChitownSavage23
MY SKILL IS TO KILL!

ChitownSavage23 plays in the PSP
ChitownSavage23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ChitownSavage23 plays in the APPA D2 division
So r u having tryouts or what?
GI SPORTS
NINJA
RAZA
OGWG
ChitownSavage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 AM #29
JJTrading
Matty :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownSavage23 View Post
So r u having tryouts or what?
Like.
JJTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:08 PM #30
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D3 division
Every year new teams form, old teams die or get disbursed to other teams. Its the cycle of the paintball community. its like the evolution of man, only the evolution of talent. You either evolve with your teammates and grind till you're to the top, or you decide that you want more or less to do with this sport and change your team or location accordingly. I don't think you should try and stop new players from having tryouts or looking for players, but i do think you(op) do have validity to your posts.

If you just want to have fun, play with your friends...

If you want to win, you have to put in the work, train hard, do drills every weekend. Get the piss beat out of you by more experienced teams. eventually move on to teams who are more organized, better sponsored, and are even more dedicated to prove themselves on the field.

my $0.02
Guerrilla Air
The BADLANDZ

Mrglass6919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:51 PM #31
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA D1 division
Rivalry makes good competition.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM #32
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkrking789563 View Post
Just stop complaining and play paintball.
You gotta do something between weekend practice....

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 AM #33
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
You gotta do something between weekend practice....
**** spaz I haven't played in like 3 weeks due to not playing cup... I'm getting cranky
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM #34
taggvandam

taggvandam plays in the PSP
taggvandam owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
taggvandam plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveofthePaint70 View Post
i see a lot of hungry dedicated d4/d3 players out at Pekin Paintball Park every sunday, great attitudes and serious ambition to learn and progress in this sport.... i see big things comin out of Pekin, IL next year
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM #35
shooter22

shooter22 plays in the PSP
shooter22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Combat, sounds like you are a perfect candidate to form an Illinois organization that helps put together and guide new tournament players and teams. You have pointed out there are a lot of the same problems... a few core players on a team who have the same goals and similar resources cannot seem to find enough independent players with the same to fill their roster. So, it seems the problem is not having a forum and guidance to combine right teams, not all players are compatible or have the same resource level and that is the core of the problem...players are reluctant to join teams, teams are reluctant to except players until they "feel" each other out. That is where your insight comes in Combat to help this process! Organizing meeting events, clinics, team listing, player listing, and promotion…whoaw!…you have a lot of work to do…better get started!

FYI I am actually going through a "feeling out" process at Pekin Paintball which is full of players and teams and an exellent field
shooter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM #36
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter22 View Post
Combat, sounds like you are a perfect candidate to form an Illinois organization that helps put together and guide new tournament players and teams. You have pointed out there are a lot of the same problems... a few core players on a team who have the same goals and similar resources cannot seem to find enough independent players with the same to fill their roster. So, it seems the problem is not having a forum and guidance to combine right teams, not all players are compatible or have the same resource level and that is the core of the problem...players are reluctant to join teams, teams are reluctant to except players until they "feel" each other out. That is where your insight comes in Combat to help this process! Organizing meeting events, clinics, team listing, player listing, and promotion…whoaw!…you have a lot of work to do…better get started!

FYI I am actually going through a "feeling out" process at Pekin Paintball which is full of players and teams and an exellent field
God I wish I had the time to organize anything... I can barely find the time to romance myself anymore... And as far as Pekin I don't even really consider that IL.. The mass of the population in this state lives like 4 hours away from the field. Its a amazing field, but just far as hell.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM #37
byrontech
J.R.

byrontech plays in the PSP
byrontech plays in the APPA D4 division
Judging from the 5+ team tryout posts that went up this past week, no one listened to anything ...smh lol. Sad thing is, most of the new teams will fall apart before the season's over.