Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM #22
Valken Corps Supreme
Valken Staff

Valken Corps Supreme works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post
Although I appreaciate the response, your reply seems a little condesending. It also infers that we don't know what good paint is or that we know that weather affects paint. If you play paintball in Oregon between September and April, you know weather affects paint. I have shot almost all types of field paint at all times of the year in Oregon and the stuff at BHD was almost on the same level as Walmart Monster ball.

I am sorry if my reply seems harsh, but I am not a fan of "It worked fine for me" and "I'm sorry but.." repsonses coming from the paint supplier. I am also not one that complains about paint, but this paint was just that bad.
I wasn't being condescending at all. I was fully explaining the normal testing procedures and the reasons I chose to bring that paint. I was honestly surprised that people said it was bouncy because that was not my experience. I am not calling people liars and would not infer that people dont know what good paint is. I have been in the industry for a very long time and provided paint for more events, local and national then you could imagine. I explained the situation, explained that next time I will bring something slightly more brittle but you wont let it go. I apologized for your bad experience and explained how what I will do to prevent it happening again.

Now it just seems like your the one being a little ridiculous. Either that or you are mad I wouldn't upgrade your paint for free.

People in the area know me and know I am a friendly reasonable guy that will do what I can do make sure people have a good time.

Thank you EFSTYLE, KEVIN, and the others who looked at this as constructive.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 PM #23
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
So you know what good paint is, you also know what our weather does to any grade of paint you shoot, yet you opted to buy the cheapest paint there was available and are now upset that said paint preformed like a 45 dollar case of field paint? Am I missing anything? Alls I got from this is that you regret not spending the extra 10 dollars for a decent mid grade option.

Ive also shot all types of field paint in all types of weather and 9 times out of 10 it didn't break well and was certainly dimpled, but I reminded myself that I had gotten what I paid for in a cheap case of paint. Not trying to sound condescending or rude, just trying to call it like I see it.
I can see how you can perceive my response the way you did, and I did not take it as rude or condescending because you had nothing to do with providing the paint. I do wonder if you were there and actually shot this paint, but I am sure you will reply letting me know if you were.

That being said I always buy the cheapest paint, and have a good understanding about what I am getting. I do not think my expectation of paint that breaks on target is unrealistic. All I want is fair quality paint that breaks on target at least 1 out of three balls. I completely understand that if I want 3 out of 3, then I need to get better paint. I should not have to get the upgraded paint just so it does what it is supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken Corps Supreme View Post
I wasn't being condescending at all. I was fully explaining the normal testing procedures and the reasons I chose to bring that paint. I was honestly surprised that people said it was bouncy because that was not my experience. I am not calling people liars and would not infer that people dont know what good paint is. I have been in the industry for a very long time and provided paint for more events, local and national then you could imagine. I explained the situation, explained that next time I will bring something slightly more brittle but you wont let it go. I apologized for your bad experience and explained how what I will do to prevent it happening again.

Now it just seems like your the one being a little ridiculous. Either that or you are mad I wouldn't upgrade your paint for free.

People in the area know me and know I am a friendly reasonable guy that will do what I can do make sure people have a good time.

Thank you EFSTYLE, KEVIN, and the others who looked at this as constructive.
I have no problem letting it go, but explaining why the paint should have been good right off the bat does not make me feel like you are truly sorry. I really don’t care why you brought the paint, or that it worked great for you. The reality is that the paint was not great, and several people said so including me. All you needed to do was say, “I am sorry and I will work to make it up to all the players the next time you use Valken Paint”. That is all. Start with I am sorry, and tell what you are going to do next time to avoid a reoccurrence. Going into a deep explanation first reads to me as trying to justifying the bad paint. Do I think it was your intention to provide bad paint? no. Was the paint bad? for me and a few others it was. I don’t care why, I just want to know it won’t happen again, or if it does that you or Valken will take care of me. That is all

Secondly, I have no idea how I could be mad that you did not upgrade my paint, when I did not even talk to you. You probably have a point that I should have taken the paint back up to the front when I opened the box and saw all the dimples. Unfortunately, I do not like to be “that guy” who expects evil paint for field prices. After a few rounds it became obvious the paint was bouncy, but I am not the guy who takes half a case of paint back up and says it sucks.

Lastly, I am sure you are a friendly reasonable guy, but I can say that you could probably improve your customer service skills. I am not one to believe “the customer is always right” but calling someone you have never met ridiculous, and then asserting that they are upset because they did not get a free upgrade does not communicate that you are sorry. It also does not make me want to deal with you or buy Valken products. I do realize that forum posts are not an effective communication tool, so I will just chock it up to that. No harm, no foul
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 PM #24
LoudDog
Mad Dogz

LoudDog supports Pev's Paintball
LoudDog has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoudDog has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
All of us on the Mad Dogz team Thought The Valken Graffiti performed up to standards, but our players using field grade where not too impressed, and where put off by the dimples they found in the first few bags. Problem was solved by sharing the Graffiti with each other. Also wanted to thank Valken for handing out free lanyards to those of us who rocked our Valken Corps patches!
LoudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 PM #25
dodge1942
Co-Owner BNS Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudDog View Post
Also wanted to thank Valken for handing out free lanyards to those of us who rocked our Valken Corps patches!
And for the raffle prizes!

Special Thanks to Tri-Lambs sponsors: Warpaint International, Pinokio Hoppers
RENEGADES - Supergame 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 and Supergame 47!
dodge1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 PM #26
Valken Corps Supreme
Valken Staff

Valken Corps Supreme works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thanks LoudDog and dodge1942. I do what I can.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 PM #27
paintball2114

one this has provided me with hours of entertainment thanks guys!

two that paint sucked!!!!! u know y cause u boys shot china ball . this **** comes from china and sits on a container. china the country who tried to poison our dogs with selling us poisend dog food china! talk about quality control
paintball2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 AM #28
PDX-Jackal
Paint is delicious

PDX-Jackal is playing at Living Legends III
PDX-Jackal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball2114 View Post

two that paint sucked!!!!! u know y cause u boys shot china ball . this **** comes from china and sits on a container. china the country who tried to poison our dogs with selling us poisend dog food china! talk about quality control
New guy! Get your country right dummy, then learn how to troll better
PDX-Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM #29
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball2114 View Post

huurr duurrr america! yeah

shut up idiot

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 AM #30
sethd924
OK Company

LOL. Maybe he works for Draxxus.
sethd924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM #31
OKC-Arturo

Yeah, that was a total fail troll.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 PM #32
xxerexx
GIR

I'm going to have to try Graffiti and or Redemption. The field grade was definetely worse than the past two supergames field grade and that's just from a fire supression perspective (which comes from playing renegade for the past several SGs).
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM #33
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
oh nice! nice and round no matter what!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups