PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 PM #1072
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

i've seen some weird things happen. for example, on my friend's evo, the flywheel bolts backed out and it sounded like it had a disgusting rod knock. started pulling the car apart and noticed the clutch didn't look right. 1 new clutch setup later and it ran like a top. it just sucks that it destroyed a tilton twin carbon clutch.

R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
R.I.P. Dad 3/6/60 - 6/15/09
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM #1073
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

Cleaned up my car a little bit today.

Last edited by courter_man_08 : 11-21-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM #1074
bluepurplered
completely 100% serious

i think you cleaned the front bumper too much, the paint fell off

Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM #1075
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

weight reduction

Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM #1076
Alan777
Tree Fitty

A set of rear LCAs on Craigslist for 40. Worth it? They're lemforder
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM #1077
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is a founding member
ridebmx211 plays in the PSP
ridebmx211 supports Pev's Paintball
ridebmx211 plays in the APPA D4 division
ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by courter_man_08 View Post
Cleaned up my car a little bit today.

So at a local meet i saw a car that looked exactly like this. So much that i went and checked to see if the front bumper was all chipped up. it wasnt though. It did have a spoiler on it and it looked really good. But those wheels on that car loook great in person on a slammed e36
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM #1078
ASCOFF

Das BMW

Last edited by ASCOFF : 11-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM #1079
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Supposedly they're new.

Not a fan of vaders but the brown is sick. I actually might have the OEM plastic headlights laying around.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM #1080
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
ASCOFF can you find me a set of style 95s??? been looking and have been unsucessful. the few sets i do find people as outrageous amounts. id like a set with no tires. condition is less important as they will get a color change
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM #1081
ASCOFF

By the way guys what do you think of my interior plan with the modena carpet, cinnamon seats, schwartz & champagne door panels?

Got to much going on? Im all ears here, the only reason ive got an interior at all is for the ladies. If it weren't for them it would be gutted with a cage in it. I have no style for this stuff so I need a hand here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Supposedly they're new.

Not a fan of vaders but the brown is sick. I actually might have the OEM plastic headlights laying around.
Offer him 30. Thats an awesome deal anyway tho. Throw them up on the forums for 60 if you dont want them.

Yeah its cinnamon from the E46 M3. If you guys ever get board of your interior I got an awesome hook up with a dye company called leatherworldtech. Its like leatherique but not crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridebmx211 View Post
ASCOFF can you find me a set of style 95s??? been looking and have been unsucessful. the few sets i do find people as outrageous amounts. id like a set with no tires. condition is less important as they will get a color change
How much you looking to spend? I think I saw a set for like 750 a while back IIRC. Ill take a look. What car are they off of? E38 7-series?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 PM #1082
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
750 would be awesome, i was looking for 8-9 with tires and probibly 5-6 no tires depending on condition. i think they are from e38s not sure though i never figured out what year they came on.

Personally i like to color of the door panels and think you should get everything to match that color. those seats look amazing in that car though
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM #1083
bubbleboy016
is ****in amazing.

has been a member for 10 years
bubbleboy016 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCOFF View Post
By the way guys what do you think of my interior plan with the modena carpet, cinnamon seats, schwartz & champagne door panels?

Got to much going on? Im all ears here, the only reason ive got an interior at all is for the ladies. If it weren't for them it would be gutted with a cage in it. I have no style for this stuff so I need a hand here.
Too much going on and incomplete interior makes it less attractive than if it were gutted with a cage. Gutted with a cage with a set of racing seats would be a lot more aesthetically pleasing than what you have going on. If the carpet matched the door panels, you could maybe get away with cinnamon seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCOFF View Post
Yeah its cinnamon from the E46 M3. If you guys ever get board of your interior I got an awesome hook up with a dye company called leatherworldtech. Its like leatherique but not crap.
Looking for a straight black dye, perhaps. How much, diy difficulty and time spent doing it?

End state: I'd like a base tan carpet, with black floor mats, tan doors with black center accents, and tan seats with black center stripes.
╚═╝
Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM #1084
deckid1792
-----------

Driving on country roads on stock 15s caused this to happen last night, but gave me a good excuse to jump on an early christmas present for myself.

Raised the rears up a bit to stop scraping on speedhumps and to clear the 245/40R17s. 225/45R17 up front, OEM staggered style 68s
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM #1085
ASCOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleboy016 View Post
Too much going on and incomplete interior makes it less attractive than if it were gutted with a cage. Gutted with a cage with a set of racing seats would be a lot more aesthetically pleasing than what you have going on. If the carpet matched the door panels, you could maybe get away with cinnamon seats.

Looking for a straight black dye, perhaps. How much, diy difficulty and time spent doing it?

End state: I'd like a base tan carpet, with black floor mats, tan doors with black center accents, and tan seats with black center stripes.
I hear ya man. Cars not done yet just got it sorted out mechanically & im going for temp tags this week. Ive also got like 3-4 full interiors to choose from so ill unclown the car eventually. I just put the rare pieces in there to keep them safe. Unfortunately im not on the girlfriend route tho so I dont think the racing buckets will do, gotta keep those back seats. Plus if I drop 3-4K on a cage im going racing.

Dye front...

On the pelican scale of 1 to 10 id rate it a 1 on difficulty & 4 on patience. Time wise it varies seats take forever but trim pieces take 15-20 minutes.

Basically you clean the piece up with their cleaner and paint the stuff on. Simple as that. Not so much like paint tho, your sponging it on. If you look at my center console trim on the pass side you can see I started doing it there. You pass over it, then dry it with a heat gun (or you ex-girlfriends hairdryer) and then do it again until it develops color + a few more coats. Your supposed to do it all at the same time per coat because it will bond to itself.

If you careful and take your time applying small coats its easy. And will retain the leather grain and look factory. Also when doing it I strongly suggest taking the time and removing the piece from the vehicle and doing this is a clean work area as if you were painting.

Ive been breaking all the rules to test the durability of the product. And so far im extremely happy. And i didn't coat it properly just for testing purposes. The good news is you can keep some to touch it up should it wear down in high use areas, such as the seat bolsters. Its also supposed to be reversible but I haven't proven this yet with long term use. I haven't done the 5 & 10 year tests obviously but its not like spray painting your wheels were they look good that day and its downhill after that.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM #1086
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

Quote:
So at a local meet i saw a car that looked exactly like this. So much that i went and checked to see if the front bumper was all chipped up. it wasnt though. It did have a spoiler on it and it looked really good. But those wheels on that car loook great in person on a slammed e36
haha was it this one?

and i'll be in Fairfax this weekend. i'm driving my car down for 100 Drifters of December at Summit Point

Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM #1087
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
yup that was it LOL. HMU ill be around all weekend. ill probibly even head out to martinsburg sat afternoon, summit is right there on my way.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM #1088
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

haha that car was posted on my facebook a while back. pretty odd coincidence lol

i'm driving down friday evening and staying through sunday night. let me know if you stop out to the track/know of anything going on in fairfax. shoot me a pm with your number and i'll send you a text.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM #1089
bubbleboy016
is ****in amazing.

has been a member for 10 years
bubbleboy016 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCOFF

I hear ya man. Cars not done yet just got it sorted out mechanically & im going for temp tags this week. Ive also got like 3-4 full interiors to choose from so ill unclown the car eventually. I just put the rare pieces in there to keep them safe. Unfortunately im not on the girlfriend route tho so I dont think the racing buckets will do, gotta keep those back seats. Plus if I drop 3-4K on a cage im going racing.

Dye front...

On the pelican scale of 1 to 10 id rate it a 1 on difficulty & 4 on patience. Time wise it varies seats take forever but trim pieces take 15-20 minutes.

Basically you clean the piece up with their cleaner and paint the stuff on. Simple as that. Not so much like paint tho, your sponging it on. If you look at my center console trim on the pass side you can see I started doing it there. You pass over it, then dry it with a heat gun (or you ex-girlfriends hairdryer) and then do it again until it develops color + a few more coats. Your supposed to do it all at the same time per coat because it will bond to itself.

If you careful and take your time applying small coats its easy. And will retain the leather grain and look factory. Also when doing it I strongly suggest taking the time and removing the piece from the vehicle and doing this is a clean work area as if you were painting.

Ive been breaking all the rules to test the durability of the product. And so far im extremely happy. And i didn't coat it properly just for testing purposes. The good news is you can keep some to touch it up should it wear down in high use areas, such as the seat bolsters. Its also supposed to be reversible but I haven't proven this yet with long term use. I haven't done the 5 & 10 year tests obviously but its not like spray painting your wheels were they look good that day and its downhill after that.
How much per.. Liter?
╚═╝
Old 11-28-2012, 06:49 AM #1090
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by courter_man_08 View Post
haha that car was posted on my facebook a while back. pretty odd coincidence lol

i'm driving down friday evening and staying through sunday night. let me know if you stop out to the track/know of anything going on in fairfax. shoot me a pm with your number and i'll send you a text.
If you came down thurdsday night you could come to the thursday night meet and possibly see your twin, lol
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM #1091
Alan777
Tree Fitty

New waterpump, tensioner, VANOS, RTAB's and RLCA's going on monday. Got quoted a grand, not too bad I dont think
1994 BMW 325is
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM #1092
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

Quote:
If you came down thurdsday night you could come to the thursday night meet and possibly see your twin, lol
I can't come down until Friday at the earliest. I have work and then a family christmas dinner Thursday night.

By the sounds of it, I'm planning on filling up two 16gig memory cards for each day, Saturday and Sunday...... I have a lot of work ahead of me

Closed Thread