Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM #1
baggedbirds

chop question

I had a chop today for my first time on the 05 speed. It was Premium gold. It actually jammed the bolt forward and would just leak air. Got it all cleaned up and it worked fine after. Is it aceptable to have a chop once in a while, or does this a sign of an issue i need to address? Blame the paint? FYI it has a virtue board but the settings are almost stock.

about the virtue board, I put a CP G7 trigger in it and lost a little of adjustablity. If I wanted to tap a hole and put a set screw in the trigger to activate the micro switch , could I do that? Then I can change my activation point.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
I wouldn't worry about it unless it's a recurring problem - paintballs do break.

You can tap the trigger for a set screw no problem since you aren't using the activation leaf anyway.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM #3
baggedbirds

ok, if you were to tap it, do you have an opinion where i make contact with the micro switch lever? should be be toward the edge for micro switch lever so its a easier push maybe?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Anywhere above the dead middle of the switch lever would work. If you place it lower than that it's more difficult to activate and may actually result in missed pulls because the switch can't reset as easily.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 AM #5
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i've had this happen on my Angel once, and have seen it happen to many other guns. like Dr. S said, if is only a problem if reoccurs. the only problem you have is when you have to fix the problem, since it can be a little violent. sticking in a squeegee then jamming it on the ground to force the bolt back can get the uninitiated a bit ruffled.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM #6
baggedbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
i've had this happen on my Angel once, and have seen it happen to many other guns. like Dr. S said, if is only a problem if reoccurs. the only problem you have is when you have to fix the problem, since it can be a little violent. sticking in a squeegee then jamming it on the ground to force the bolt back can get the uninitiated a bit ruffled.
Now i know what it was, I could have cleared it with a swab. I use to carry one but never needed it so i stopped caring one. It would have been handy to push the bolt back.