Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 06:37 PM #1
hunter2013

Cost effective switch first strike/tiberious

I'm looking to make the switch to a t9.1, but the price tag is ridiculous at the moment (I'm a senior in highschool soon to begin college). I dearly love the sport and the lone wolf style of play, I've made ridiculous shots with a flatline on my a5 and the increased range is nice but the accuracy just isn't enough for me. I'm looking to find a cost effective way to make a switch to first strike but the rounds themselves aren't cheap, by any means.if i couldmake the change to a marker that could use standard paint as well as first strike for under say 300 id do it in a heart beat(i assume everyone would), perrhaps what im looking for is a middle of the road gun that can interchange the rounds flawlessly, doing the muzzle loading, one shot isn't the way I want to do it.
if anyone has any other options for a feed tube style loading mechanism that can be affixed to an a5 right reciever half i have a spare set, just to try out the first strike for myself, im very impressed but not $699+75cents a round impressedso if anyone has a sophisticated way to feed the rounds into a reciever half, i have no machining background nor the ability to have it done, so any help would be greatly appreatiated.
hunter2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 PM #2
thengthing
Pistols Only

thengthing has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The T9.1 ranger package is only $350 and you could do everything you mentioned .. if you think that's ridiculous, I was late paying my college tuition one year and the late payment alone was $250!!!

Last edited by thengthing : 09-25-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: why cant I add an angry smiley?
thengthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM #3
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spyder is coming out with some markers that are first strike capable. I would just hold up and wait, it wont be long until there are alot of markers that can shoot first strike.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM #4
skullcandy1993

spyder's are blowbacks though, if you are shooting a round that costs 75 cents a shot you want a blow forward...much more consistant.
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM #5
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
e-trigger?

The 9.1 is tempting but how fast is it? I am going to be shooting out of the hopper most of the time and the idea of a E-trigger and shooting a little faster is important to me. I shoot a Spyder RS its nothing special but its plenty fast enough where I play.

Unfortunately I don't have any way to try the 9.1 and MR5 and compare.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 PM #6
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier

Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
9.0 with conversions are often 250-300 or less. Best cheap way to play FS IMHO.

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM #7
Pdubs
I am Philosoraptor

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
with first strikes you only really need a shot or two. I've been playing a scenerio game where there was a long hallway, and instead of lobbing paint I just waited for himto pop out and shot him in the goggles. Playing with FS rounds means playing differently, but onc you get used to it it's great.
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote