PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM #1
tomM925
R.I.P America.

tomM925 supports DLX Technology
Initial PT test

NO INSULTS OR BS PLEASE. Alright so I'm joining the national guard as a cav scout within the next few weeks as long as all goes well at MEPS this upcoming Friday. Basically I've been nothing but a beer drinking, video game playing, broke a** college student with paintball being my only form of exercise. I'm not fat by any means but I'm certainly not in great shape. 5'11" 175 pounds. All I can really seem to find is the graduation standards for basic. What I wanna know is where do I have to be at for my initial test at my first drill? Keep in mind I will have more time to prepare before I ship out to basic.

Helpful answers are very appreciated.

OBAMA SUCKS.

Last edited by tomM925 : 11-17-2012 at 04:41 PM.
tomM925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 PM #2
mavLP
:)

Ask a recruiter. They know all of this, and talking to them doesn't mean anything in the long term.
mavLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM #3
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
You don't need to pass anything before basic, it's just...highly encouraged. If you can't get to 60 push ups and 70 situps and a 15:30 run before basic, it will only make things tougher.

Pretty sure they only do 1 min tests at the training drills. I highly suggest being at 40 pushups, 45 situps and a 7:30 1 mile run.

Any questions after this will come with insults and BS.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 PM #4
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Thank you that's all I needed to know.

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM #5
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
If you want honesty... it's all about your attitude dude, nobody is going to expect you to be a pt slayer already just don't show up and act like a ****ing woman and you'll be fine. There is only one thing worse than a failure and that is a quitter. The kind of guy who throws down with theatrics harder than merryl streep on cocaine and goes on sick call every ****ing day.
As a general rule of thumb, don't be that guy.
If you ship to BCT not being able to pass PT minimums your life there will be a PITA, hopefully you have time to get your **** together. But basically your story is the same as every swinging dick that has ever joined.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM #6
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

We should start a website and get paid for our advice.

G.S.P
Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 AM #7
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

At RSP, we did a "physical fitness assessment" (half PT test) for our Red Phase, or our first drill. Every month since then, we have either done a full PT test or some kind of PRT (or both). One month we played ultimate frisbee and ultimate football; this month we did a circuit training thing in the drill hall. It depends. RSP isn't a big deal and you aren't really expected to do anything, just do what you're told and try hard.

I haven't shipped to BCT yet, but I would imagine that if I can't pass a PT test after doing PT, doing pushups for getting smoked, and going through all that other **** every day, then I don't ****ing belong in the Army.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.

Last edited by black_angus : 11-10-2012 at 01:19 AM.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM #8
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

I didn't even know you signed up. I know Jarrod is all bummed cause he got DQ'd.

G.S.P
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM #9
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I enlisted back in April. I ship January 14th.

I didn't know SW got DQ'd; I knew he was excited that he might get to finally get in, although I wasn't too hopeful about it, seeing as he had gone through a few recruiters before who wouldn't even touch him. Sucks for him, I would be pissed as **** if I went through all the MEPS bull**** to not even get in.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 PM #10
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Maybe he didn't want anyone to know. There was a glimmer of hope but he got turned down bout 2 weeks ago now. Told him to take it to his congressman.

G.S.P
Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM #11
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Maybe he didn't want anyone to know. There was a glimmer of hope but he got turned down bout 2 weeks ago now. Told him to take it to his congressman.

Whats wrong with him?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 PM #12
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I don't want to be sharing other people's info, but long story short he has a previous medical condition that has caused him some troubles in terms of getting to join.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 AM #13
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
**** you tom... stay out of my MOS.

That being said stop being a ***** and improve your PT score.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM #14
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
**** you tom... stay out of my MOS.

That being said stop being a ***** and improve your PT score.
Thank you for your kind words. That being said, I can pass the PT test with no issues now, just have to improve my running. I can do it but years of smoking definitely show.

I havnt been on in a few weeks that's why I havnt responded. But I went through meps, that was "fun". I learned the concept of hurry up and wait, forever. Everything checked out fine and I was medically approved. I had to retake the hearing test cause I failed the first time, but I passed on my second attempt. The only issue now is my GED ( didnt get it as a result of being lazy. I had family **** and life happen so I HAD to work instead). It sucks but it is what it is. They wouldn't let me sign cause I failed the AIMS test, don't know how because I was selecting what I thought the right answers were. Then I got a call Wednesday from my recruiter telling me I had to be there at 7 am yesterday cause they were going to let me sign after all. So I got there, hurried up and waited for 5 and a half hours before anyone talked to me. Only to be told that I had to wait until the end of my semester to show them my transcript to prove that I was actually going to school, then I could sign and enter RSP and go to drill until the next semester. Then I was told i could get a ship date in June/ July. I have no criminal record, not even a ticket, a great score on the asvab, I've held a job for almost 4 years, and I'm a clean cut respectable guy but I can't sign yet because of my GED. Yet the guy wearing sweatpants with his a** hanging out got 2 waivers. One for his drug charge, the other for his dwi. He got the sign and swear in that day! Oh well. I'm still getting in. Just have to wait another month to sign. It's no big deal to me it's just frustrating that I'm viewed lower than criminals in their eyes. That's life though..

OBAMA SUCKS.

Last edited by tomM925 : 11-17-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM #15
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

The hell is an AIMS test?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM #16
tomM925
R.I.P America.

An aims test is g*y as aids. It's some motivational test bs. Only people with GED's have to take at. There's four answers. You have to pick the one that best describes you, then the one that least describes you. Similar to the TAPAS.

Example.

A) I insult people
B) I like telling people what to do
C) My high school teachers would say I am disrespectful
D) I always try to do the right thing.

I picked d for best. A for least. There was 32 questions all similar to that. I was told after by my recruiter that nobody he has brought there to take it has passed, and nobody can figure out why. Both Him and his sgt major agreed with my answers. But whatever it's not like them or myself have any say in it. I'm not too worried, it's only another month. It's just really irritating. Especially with my score of 82 on the asvab.

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 AM #17
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

My friend took it at MEPS. Said he's one of two to ever pass it in AZ.

G.S.P