PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM #1
falz-

DM 11 Velocity Adjustment Screw Stripped

Hey all,

So I got a used DM11 in trade yesterday, tore it apart to clean and lube and ran into trouble with the Hyper 3.

First off, the reg was impossible to take apart. I had to wrap in hockey tape and then use a vice grip to take the parts apart. After cleaning and lubing everything, I put it back together and all seemed fine.

(I did not check to see if the adjustment screw operated correctly before I got my hands on it)

I went to set the hpr to 0 before gassing the marker up to check for leaks, and could not get the adjustment screw to move vertically up or down. At first I thought I couldnt find the right allen key, but it seems to just be spinning as I turn it.

I dont know how I would have stripped it, and it appears that the threads are stripped not the top of the screw (the allen key fits in nicely) I also would have thought that if I somehow stipped the threads, the screw would simply fall out.

Any suggestions? How do I get it out? Is there a replacement at a local hardware store I can buy (if I can get it out)

Has this happened to anyone before?
falz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM #2
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
How to remove a stripped screw.

Then buy yourself another one here.

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 AM #3
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Are you sure you have it installed properly? Push in as you turn. If that doesn't work take it apart again and inspect the threads.

It's a cheap replacement, I've got a couple of them sitting around. I've just never seen a stripped one before.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote