PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM #1
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

Valken SW-1

So, what if anything has anyone heard about these. I found one video on youtube and not much else, not even any reviews. Seems to look VERY similar to the BT-4...I'm wondering if it uses 98 internals or A5. Says it uses A5 barrels and I'm assuming the same barrel adapter. Wonder if it would take a Rip Clip, pretty sure it would not take a cyclone but it might take a RT if they have the trigger cut out on it. Or from the look of it, it may take a BT trigger frame. Anyhow, just wondering what thoughts people had on it.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:23 AM #2
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

wow, I guess it must be real new...
Old 05-09-2010, 04:51 AM #3
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nope, it's just not a great marker.

It's an M98 clone for $99 with virtually no upgrades and a body that attracts dents better than an '84 CRX.

Both BT and Tippmann (US Army) make functionally identical markers for exactly the same price, except that they're more readily available, better quality, and upgradeable. The SW-1 won't take a Cyclone, Rip, RT, or anything really... Upgrades include barrel, tank, hopper, and... nothing.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM #4
pandemicpaintballer

is it or is it not

Ive been to my local paintball shop, they said it was a great marker to start out with.Iif your goin to go somewhere with the sport they said you`ll need an upgrade. What im tryin to decide is is it a good marker or not. Out of the 5 reviews ive found this is the first one thats been bad. Anyone wanna tell me what the verdict is before i go out and buy it
pandemicpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 AM #5
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

Don't do it...
asfaraslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM #6
pandemicpaintballer

what if ur new to the sport, is it somethin good to start out with?
pandemicpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM #7
BreakShot

Air and upgrades, Valken SW-1

I own one of these and I am thinking about upgrading the grip frame to an e-grip. It looks like the BT e-grip would work, but I don't want to pay $80ish and find out that it doesn't. Can anyone tell me if it will or not??
Also, I noticed that it does not do well with HPA. I have an HPA tank with an output pressure of about 900 psi (it's a PE 62/3k) and even with that high of an output pressure, I only get about 260 on the chrono. When I put my CO2 on it I can hit the field limit (280) with velocity to spare. I have a friend with one of these as well and he has the same problem.
BreakShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM #8
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemicpaintballer View Post
Ive been to my local paintball shop, they said it was a great marker to start out with.Iif your goin to go somewhere with the sport they said you`ll need an upgrade. What im tryin to decide is is it a good marker or not. Out of the 5 reviews ive found this is the first one thats been bad. Anyone wanna tell me what the verdict is before i go out and buy it
It's a high profit margin for them...

They buy for $40, sell for $100, it's a $60 profit. Then a year later if you decide to keep playing, you end up selling it back to them for peanuts and buying a high-end marker, and they sell your SW1 used for $60 this time.

If you bought an eNMy they charge $130, but they pay $85 for it... It's only a $45 profit for the store.

If you bought an actual Tippmann, they charge $160 having paid $120. That brings in only $40.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM #9
brandon.powers

I have one and it didnt do that bad....the only complaint is that i would shoot to fast and it would jam up on me and then shoot 3 balls at once or nothing at all at times
brandon.powers is offline   Reply With Quote