Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 PM #1
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anyone else notice this? (bps question)

so i might be a noob but when i shoot my gun with no tank or hopper and just let the solinoid click with the eyes on it clicks pretty slow seems like 10 bps but when the guns aired up with paint it shoots as fast as i can pull it also with eyes on anyone else notice this?

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM #2
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
so i might be a noob but when i shoot my gun with no tank or hopper and just let the solinoid click with the eyes on it clicks pretty slow seems like 10 bps but when the guns aired up with paint it shoots as fast as i can pull it also with eyes on anyone else notice this?

It shouldn't click with the eyes on and no paint. What kind of Spyder? Are the eyes dirty?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM #3
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

it will click with no paint and eyes on if the bolt is forward.. lol and its a spyder rs, im just saying it shoots alot faster with the eyes on when its aired up than when its not aired up with eyes on

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM #4
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
it will click with no paint and eyes on if the bolt is forward.. lol and its a spyder rs, im just saying it shoots alot faster with the eyes on when its aired up than when its not aired up with eyes on
Ah, bolt forward. Maybe it is not detecting the "ball" clearing the breach?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM #5
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

hmm maybe i did notice i was chopping alot today.... i have my dynasty vlocity set to the lowest setting for brittle paint, and i have homemade detents made from pen springs and bbs, maybe thats the reason its chopping? and no the eyes work i know that for sure

Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM #6
Haterz Nation
uMad

Haterz Nation owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Haterz Nation has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Haterz Nation has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Haterz Nation has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's more or likely detecting a malfunction since the bolt isn't moving out of the breach and "clearing" the eyes.

The board slows down the BPS to help prevent chopping. As for your chopping problem, it is more or likely your homemade detents.
Haterz Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 PM #7
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
hmm maybe i did notice i was chopping alot today.... i have my dynasty vlocity set to the lowest setting for brittle paint, and i have homemade detents made from pen springs and bbs, maybe thats the reason its chopping? and no the eyes work i know that for sure
I don't know much about the RS board. My eye question was not if they are working, but if there is any type of bolt return programmed in. If so, your rate of fire would be affected because the board is looking for the bolt to get the hell out of the way. If you end up getting an aftermarket board you may be able to fine tune that. As I said, I am not sure about the RS line though.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 PM #8
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haterz Nation View Post
It's more or likely detecting a malfunction since the bolt isn't moving out of the breach and "clearing" the eyes.

The board slows down the BPS to help prevent chopping. As for your chopping problem, it is more or likely your homemade detents.
lol Beat me to it. I am old and slow typing.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 PM #9
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

lol no there isnt any fancy tuning or anything theres semi with either eyes on or off, and 3 round burst with either eyes on or off thats it for the board, the eyes work i know they do i have tested them, and the home made detents i have also spend alot of time on, they hold a ball in the breach and dont let it out even with the hopper on, and when you fire the ball leaves the breach and isnt broken or anything so obv the detents work right? im still thinking the breaks whether barrel or chop, are because of the weather or **** paint, i have even put a ball in the breach (no air) and let the bolt push the ball through the detents and i inspected it afterward and no marks or breaks?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:37 PM #10
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
lol no there isnt any fancy tuning or anything theres semi with either eyes on or off, and 3 round burst with either eyes on or off thats it for the board, the eyes work i know they do i have tested them, and the home made detents i have also spend alot of time on, they hold a ball in the breach and dont let it out even with the hopper on, and when you fire the ball leaves the breach and isnt broken or anything so obv the detents work right? im still thinking the breaks whether barrel or chop, are because of the weather or **** paint, i have even put a ball in the breach (no air) and let the bolt push the ball through the detents and i inspected it afterward and no marks or breaks?
I know there isn't any tuning on the RS board. I meant maybe it is in the programming. Like Haterz said, it is detecting a malfunction, but maybe it is programmed to look only for a certain amount of time then reset. As an example, let's say the programming gives the bolt 3ms to clear the breach. And the programming also waits 5ms before it clears an eye error. That is an extra 8ms you have to wait before the marker will fire again with the bolt forward and the marker off. Savvy?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 PM #11
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

yeah but wouldnt that mean it would shoot fast without air and slow with air? also if its a chop there should be paint and **** in the breach right? like around the detents and such? because there isnt any paint around there so maybe its a barrel problem? let me know

Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 PM #12
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
yeah but wouldnt that mean it would shoot fast without air and slow with air? also if its a chop there should be paint and **** in the breach right? like around the detents and such? because there isnt any paint around there so maybe its a barrel problem? let me know
It would shoot faster with air because the bolt would move out of the way. The paint breaking sounds like it is in the barrel. I imagine it is either a crappy paint problem or a detent problem.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 AM #13
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

can detents cause barrel breaks?

Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 AM #14
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
can detents cause barrel breaks?
Yes, in a way. If a paintball rolls forward (due to worn/missing/small detents or very small paint), the next ball can be shot causing a barrel break.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM #15
stuff21397

the way it works is the board is looking for a period between the balling being fired and the second ball entering the breach so if the eyes are "dirty" or in your case blocked by the bolt then the gun defaults to 10 bps so that you don't chop paint.
stuff21397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 PM #16
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff21397 View Post
the way it works is the board is looking for a period between the balling being fired and the second ball entering the breach so if the eyes are "dirty" or in your case blocked by the bolt then the gun defaults to 10 bps so that you don't chop paint.
^^ this, thanks bro that was the exact answer I was looking for!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM #17
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
The detents play a big role in broken paint. First, if the part of the detent that makes contact with the ball is jammed it can bust paint. If there is a sharp edge on the detent it can slice paint as it passes over. If the detents don't hold paint in the proper spot the next ball in the stack can be just far enough into the breech to be clipped by the bolt (and then make a big mess in the barrel on the next shot). Get some proper detents and see what your chopping issues do.

The guys above talking about eye malfunctions were saying what the last person said. Many boards will drop the rof cap if they don't notice an empty period between shots. The board thinks the eyes are malfunctioning since the gun shot but the eyes never said the ball left the breech. Since the board can't trust the eyes at this point they default to a lower, safer speed.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote