View Poll Results: Pooty upgrades
Get them 25 49.02%
Dont get them 26 50.98%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM #1
Puginator

Puginator supports DLX Technology
Pooty upgrades

Ive heard a lot of controversey over the pooty upgrades for the luxe and i want to know if they actually do improve the sound signature and smoothness and if i should get them. I currently have the 2.0 core. Thanks for any help!
Puginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM #2
Puginator

Puginator supports DLX Technology
Any comments on the parts would also be greatly appreciated
Puginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM #3
riley brown

pooty

they do but they are more maintnence if u have fsdo problems with ur 2.0 core then u can get the pooty stuff but stock works great and if its not broke dont fix it
riley brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 PM #4
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Let me clear up a little something before it starts

I am sure some people donít know the below info anyways.

I will go over the parts.

The bolt = Its the same dims as the stock bolt. There is never a problem with the bolt. You can use it with the stock parts with no messing around with the orings.

The bolt guide = It also has the same oring dims as the stock parts. The bolt guide is not a issue. Work with all bolts

The can = The first NDZ can has been around for years. NDZ made the inner oring grooves on the looser side. This was to compensate for the size of the luxe 1 bolts and the fsdo they had before I made the spring mod a mod that fixed the fsdo issue. That being said, the V1 NDZ low pressure cans would not work with most bolts with urethane stock orings. So only black oring must be used. Problem... If people didnít know this info they were in for some fun.. I myself didnít like this either. Costs me money in the long run fixing peoples oring fitment.

The fix, I sent NDZ a 2.0 can and I had them change the inner can dims to the same 2.0 can dims.

So the V2 can that I sell is the same as the 2.0 can.

If you have a V1 can and donít know your oring fitment then a quick fix is to simply add a stock 2.0 can to the pooty parts and your running.

So this is what I wanted and what was done.

SOOO, In this thread people will say oring fitment is needed to get the pooty set to work.

Not true with the V2 set now.

So the feedback you need is feedback for the V2 Pooty set and not the V1 set. Smoothness, shot count and kick will also change if your oring fitment is off. I do my best and have made many oring fitment videos to help out people with oring fitment for the past V1 parts. I pay the return shipping to get customers parts working, so in the end stuff that doesn't work is not a good thing for the customer or me. So the changes were needed for sure.

The two most important things for people that have the V1 NDZ cans=

1 = Bolt sail oring...Must fit nice and snug. Out of all the orings this single oring must be the only one that fits tighter then the rest.

2= High reg pressure.. The luxe will half cycle in some cases if you simply swap out the stock core for the pooty core. Why? Your stock core runs off a higher reg pressure. The pooty parts cant run off a high reg pressure.
You should always turn off your reg completely. No air going to your luxe. Then dry fire the luxe with the eyes off and increase the reg pressure a little at a time until it fires. Then increase your reg pressure until you hit 285 or so. I have this info in the Pooty parts paperwork also.

The V2 parts also must have the reg zeroed out. Very important!

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook-Anno Shop---

Last edited by Pooty51 : 11-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 AM #5
Tonz976

Tonz976 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tonz976 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Tonz976 supports DLX Technology
I rock a V1 .. I watched Chris videos. "Pooty51" .. 10 min later my luxe cycled fired and was ready to mow faces .. I played a full season of tournemant and just 2 days ago I had to change orings on it .. He's not lying and they do what they're supposed to do .
Tonz976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 AM #6
engenhocas

Iīm running a V1 NDZ, watch pooty51 videos about orings, and it shoots so good.......... Thanks POOTY

Pedro Pereira (Portugal)
engenhocas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 AM #7
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
I have the v2 core and im impressed with it so far. No issues what so ever. I choose it over my stock 2.0 core.
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM #8
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooty51 View Post
Let me clear up a little something before it starts

I am sure some people don’t know the below info anyways.

I will go over the parts.

The bolt = Its the same dims as the stock bolt. There is never a problem with the bolt. You can use it with the stock parts with no messing around with the orings.

The bolt guide = It also has the same oring dims as the stock parts. The bolt guide is not a issue. Work with all bolts

The can = The first NDZ can has been around for years. NDZ made the inner oring grooves on the looser side. This was to compensate for the size of the luxe 1 bolts and the fsdo they had before I made the spring mod a mod that fixed the fsdo issue. That being said, the V1 NDZ low pressure cans would not work with most bolts with urethane stock orings. So only black oring must be used. Problem... If people didn’t know this info they were in for some fun.. I myself didn’t like this either. Costs me money in the long run fixing peoples oring fitment.

The fix, I sent NDZ a 2.0 can and I had them change the inner can dims to the same 2.0 can dims.

So the V2 can that I sell is the same as the 2.0 can.

If you have a V1 can and don’t know your oring fitment then a quick fix is to simply add a stock 2.0 can to the pooty parts and your running.

So this is what I wanted and what was done.

SOOO, In this thread people will say oring fitment is needed to get the pooty set to work.

Not true with the V2 set now.

So the feedback you need is feedback for the V2 Pooty set and not the V1 set. Smoothness, shot count and kick will also change if your oring fitment is off. I do my best and have made many oring fitment videos to help out people with oring fitment for the past V1 parts. I pay the return shipping to get customers parts working, so in the end stuff that doesn't work is not a good thing for the customer or me. So the changes were needed for sure.

The two most important things for people that have the V1 NDZ cans=

1 = Bolt sail oring...Must fit nice and snug. Out of all the orings this single oring must be the only one that fits tighter then the rest.

2= High reg pressure.. The luxe will half cycle in some cases if you simply swap out the stock core for the pooty core. Why? Your stock core runs off a higher reg pressure. The pooty parts cant run off a high reg pressure.
You should always turn off your reg completely. No air going to your luxe. Then dry fire the luxe with the eyes off and increase the reg pressure a little at a time until it fires. Then increase your reg pressure until you hit 285 or so. I have this info in the Pooty parts paperwork also.

The V2 parts also must have the reg zeroed out. Very important!
With that being said do you believe this is the sole reason why Luxe markers tend to have a harder time cycling with the spring/pooty combinations with the FT screw installed if on a older ndz firing can? I have been unable to get my Luxe to cycle when using a full pooty core w/FT installed however with the FT out it cycles great. I can get it to cycle with a higher dwell and stock internals w/FT installed but my ideal setup to provide the smoothest shot possible would be as follows

NDZ Pooty Can>early version
NDZ Pooty Bolt Guide>No insert installed
Nox Bolt
FT Installed

The nox bolt in the stock can+ft is the quietest luxe shot I have ever heard however I cant run this w/the sprung setup without fsdo and in-consistancy.

If you strongly believe it would simply be due to tolerances on the firing can which can sometimes be corrected with oring selection although tedious I would be more than willing to try a newer style can so my oring selection did not have to be so pesky. I want reliabaility but I also want the quietest/smoothest shot I can possibly squeeze out of this marker which means running the lower operating pressure internals w/FT screw installed.

Thoughts?

PS: Yes ive tried alot of oring combinations and test fitted the orings but the marker just refuses to cycle using the dream combination of parts I mentioned above. I dont believe there isnt a combination of luxe internals I have not owned, tested, tinkered with at this point. I also have/ofton use the ndz sprung bolt but the same theory applys. It only works consistantly if the FT is out but man with that FT installed on the right setup and barrel combination the gun will literally just whisper each cycle

Also, while were on the subject is there a volume difference between the ndz/pooty can & dlx 2.0 can?

Last edited by digital sol : 11-15-2012 at 05:14 PM.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM #9
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

The Ft screw issue..

When you add or remove the FT screw is will throw off your reg and dwell settings. With the FT screw in you would need a higher reg pressure or dwell. The only reason why people have trouble with luxes and the FT screw with the pooty parts or the stock parts is settings and reg adjustment.

Its a really horrible practice when people put the Ft screw back in and there luxe acts up..What you did is change the air flow without adjusting your luxes dwell or reg pressures. The only thing that person thinks is,wow it wont work. But blindly not realizing other things must then be adjusted when this is done. Its always a good practice to bring the dwell up to 16 and zero out the reg whenever you change anything on a luxe. Then adjust the reg pressure to get 285 fps and lower the dwell over the chono.

I would say besides DLX I tech more luxes then anybody. And the above is what I have found.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 PM #10
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooty51 View Post
The Ft screw issue..

When you add or remove the FT screw is will throw off your reg and dwell settings. With the FT screw in you would need a higher reg pressure or dwell. The only reason why people have trouble with luxes and the FT screw with the pooty parts or the stock parts is settings and reg adjustment.

Its a really horrible practice when people put the Ft screw back in and there luxe acts up..What you did is change the air flow without adjusting your luxes dwell or reg pressures. The only thing that person thinks is,wow it wont work. But blindly not realizing other things must then be adjusted when this is done. Its always a good practice to bring the dwell up to 16 and zero out the reg whenever you change anything on a luxe. Then adjust the reg pressure to get 285 fps and lower the dwell over the chono.

I would say besides DLX I tech more luxes then anybody. And the above is what I have found.
Sorry for the lack of detail, when testing/trying the different combinations I always adjusted reg pressure and dwell. With the ft installed for testing purposes the dwell was always set at 20 to insure a full cycle then lowered gradually over a chrono to check consistancy until the sweet spot was found. After a few more cases of use once the orings are broken in I was usually able to lower the dwell a little more although as long as I was getting full & consistant cycles I wasnt too woried about the minimal extra air being dumped.

Now 1 thing I will say is i did NOT ever bottom out the reg, with the ft screw installed I would always raise the regulator pressure as this is always required by design to reach the 285 chrono speed however I did not bottom out the reg I would simply increase it from the point it was set at previously. Even though technically your increasing the reg pressure the shot is in fact smooth/quieter with the FT installed.

What kind of effect do you think bottoming out the reg has with the FT installed vs not installed while initially airing up the marker for tuning? I never considered reseting the reg as a cause or potential fix for cycling issues.

Also while I have you, is there a volume difference between the ndz/pooty can & dlx 2.0 can?

Last edited by digital sol : 11-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:56 PM #11
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Click on my youtube link in my sig. I have a 2.0 vs pooty set volume test with a pressure tester. That goes over it far better then I can type. But in terms of can, yes the NDZ can does hold more air for sure.

I myself don’t ever use the FT screw. My testing with it in is very limited. I like the lower bolt pressure and lower settings and reliability with it out.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM #12
ccruz99
Naval Surface Warfare

ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 supports DLX Technology
I say don't get them. The design of the stock LUXE 2.0 items do what they are supposed to do satisfactorily. One pays a lot for a great design and good materials. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Although the tested upgrades show better results, the average player will not notice a big difference in their playing (e.g. kills per game).

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

CURRENT GATS:
LUXE 2.0 Purple/Gold, Gold/Chrome Insight, Ego11 Regal 2, Victory Ripper Black/Lime, Invert Mini V3 Blue, BT TM7, Pump Autococker System X Vengeance

Last edited by ccruz99 : 11-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.
ccruz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM #13
KMA

KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Pooty, in your testing and development would you say that your core requires the same or similar amount of user knowledge, o-ring fitment, maintenance, etc than the 2.0 core? In other words, (trying to being as unbiased as you can) is there a trade off besides cost for getting potentially better performance with your upgrade vs using the standard 2.0 core?

I'm also curious about the performance comparison between the stock 2.0 core with FT in and the Pooty core without the FT screw. Particularly interested in sound and "smoothness" of shot. Thanks!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback

Last edited by KMA : 11-16-2012 at 12:22 PM.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote