Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM #22
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND
 
2pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269
couple points i'd like to make

1.) if i'm with my team and random players want to play against us, there is a good chance you will not have fun and get rolled within 20 seconds. its not because i think i'm better, but with the guys i play with theres a good chance the random players you are with aren't going to stand a chance

2) if i'm with a couple friends or not "practicing" i'm more than happy to walk on to any walk on game. different situation.

3.) its not just teenagers that have sour attitudes on and off the field.
1) I see your point. A team that practices and communicates well together would likely roll a random group of ballers in a game.
2) Friendly games are different for all of us, but it's the teen baller that is never out for a friendly game I have problems with.
3) Totally right this attitude is not reserved for just teens. There just seem to be a higher % of them.

On a side note... I switched my primary field because of the teen and other "I am better than you" crap. One field is located in the richest area of town and the gear and attitude shows it. My new field in outside of town where people value their money a bit more cuz they have less of it. For instance an autococker showed up at Richey Rich field and 2 teen ballers started running their mouth how out dated the cocker was. At my new field an Automag showed up and people were respectful and were genuinely interested in that marker.
__________________
CUSTOM CARBON FIBER HOPPERS and GUNS SPIRES click below
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4040966
Luxe MOB

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM #23
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
couple points i'd like to make

1.) if i'm with my team and random players want to play against us, there is a good chance you will not have fun and get rolled within 20 seconds. its not because i think i'm better, but with the guys i play with theres a good chance the random players you are with aren't going to stand a chance

2) if i'm with a couple friends or not "practicing" i'm more than happy to walk on to any walk on game. different situation.

3.) its not just teenagers that have sour attitudes on and off the field.
1] In theory that makes sense. However, I wouldnt say each and every time, one day you'll be asking yourself wtf just happened.
2] Friendly games, especially between people that know how to play can often be the most fun
3] I've met more old men that act like *****es on the field than teenagers. I've had more teens appreciate things as well. I've also witnessed a lot more adults use foul language towards younger players than teenagers or younger players ever use.
__________________
NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM #24
tvise
USPN Hollister CA
 
tvise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As a 16 year old who finances everything by myself. Paintball or not. My phone, paintball, gym etc. I pay for everything except christmas gifts. People always act like teens are all D-bags. I just bought an 08 Ego yesterday... I know how it is. I put about half of my paycheck into paintball. Granted thats not that much its all I can do.

I have to pay for a car etc. and I still finace my paintball stuff.

But I do understand where you come from. As with any sport there are blow hards and people who get all their gear from a parent, and that is fine. Honestly they usually bug me because they are very cocky because they are steaming s***, but there are exceptions.

People who shoot everyone down in paintball for all of these reasons and I think most of it is being hot headed.

Yeah there is a lot of people who are cocky with the sport. Those people make it shady for everyone. I just look away from it usually, but as a ref at a field I try and keep it clean. I also try and make sure they never get to gain up on people. They play noobs and they smash them and oftenly think they are good. It just feeds the issue.

I think that the people who are given all these paintball things will never appreciate it like those who work for it. I honestly would not appreciate what I have if I did not work for it..
~T
__________________
United States Paintball Nation!
tvise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM #25
JohnSherman
 
 
JohnSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvise View Post
As a 16 year old who finances everything by myself. Paintball or not. My phone, paintball, gym etc. I pay for everything except christmas gifts. People always act like teens are all D-bags. I just bought an 08 Ego yesterday... I know how it is. I put about half of my paycheck into paintball. Granted thats not that much its all I can do.

I have to pay for a car etc. and I still finace my paintball stuff.
~T
Yep, I'm sure you're paying for those meals you are getting, the roof over your head, health insurance, etc.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM #26
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvise

Yeah there is a lot of people who are cocky with the sport. Those people make it shady for everyone. I just look away from it usually, but as a ref at a field I try and keep it clean. I also try and make sure they never get to gain up on people. They play noobs and they smash them and oftenly think they are good. It just feeds the issue.
~T
If they're smashing noobs you aren't doing your job to balance teams probably. So in turn you're the reason why people don't come back to the sport. You are also now the reason why people hate teen ballers. Good going champ.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 PM #27
LittleMidget17
Proud Luxe Owner
 
LittleMidget17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Annual Supporting Member
LittleMidget17 plays in the PSP
LittleMidget17 plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't get why you have to point out you pay for yourself, I didn't buy my first real gun (etek 3) but ever since I got it I traded up to get my current gun (luxe 1.0) . But other then that my parents do pay for my weekly play.
LittleMidget17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 PM #28
EmpireEmperor
 
 
EmpireEmperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
I don't think age is as big of a factor as it's made out to be. There are plenty of mature teenagers and plenty of immature adults.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM #29
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake
 
OHIO FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 50 Snake
OHIO FTW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
1]
3] I've met more old men that act like *****es on the field than teenagers. I've had more teens appreciate things as well. I've also witnessed a lot more adults use foul language towards younger players than teenagers or younger players ever use.
My point exactly!
OHIO FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM #30
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake
 
OHIO FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 50 Snake
OHIO FTW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMidget17 View Post
I don't get why you have to point out you pay for yourself, I didn't buy my first real gun (etek 3) but ever since I got it I traded up to get my current gun (luxe 1.0) . But other then that my parents do pay for my weekly play.
I pointed it out to show that imdont spoil myself? Im not saying you do. Im just saying most adults hate on 16 year olds because we dont fund it.
OHIO FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM #31
LittleMidget17
Proud Luxe Owner
 
LittleMidget17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Annual Supporting Member
LittleMidget17 plays in the PSP
LittleMidget17 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FTW View Post
I pointed it out to show that imdont spoil myself? Im not saying you do. Im just saying most adults hate on 16 year olds because we dont fund it.
im saying everyone posting thats like 16 for example seems to have to explain they pay themselves.
LittleMidget17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM #32
TheNewEra (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
TheNewEra owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheNewEra supports Team VICIOUS
TheNewEra supports Team VICIOUS
I agree.

I started playing when I was 10 and started with a Viewloader Triad. I quit for a while and started up again about 5 months ago.

I bought a $30 Spyder Xtra setup.

I have worked and flipped and now have a whole Geo setup with good gear imo.

I know what it feels like to be that kid who gets bashed on for not having good gear. So I promised myself to help at least one kid play everytime I go. Show them you do not have to have great gear to have fun.
TheNewEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM #33
offthahorse
 
 
offthahorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville NC
offthahorse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
offthahorse has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont think age is as much of a factor as people make it out to be, even though it is a slight factor just because of the average maturity level.

Paintball is like ANYTHING with different grades of equipment.

Take your Camaro to enough carshows and you'll eventually run into the douchebag with a 'Vette who thinks you're the lowest of the low.

Then the vette guy will eventually run into the ferrari snob who wont even look at a corvette


Take a walmart mtn bike out to the trail enough times and you'll eventually get sneered at by the guy who spent as much on his bike as some people spend on a car

Have your camera out and about often enough and you'll eventually run into the person who turns their nose up at you because you dont have the right lenses or other equipment

Wear "nice" watches prominently and youll eventually run into the asshat who thinks youre ignorant for not spenging 5k on up for a "proper" watch.


Hell, go to freakin coffee shops enough times and youll eventually hear someone bash a certain kind of coffee or coffee drinker...

So bottom line, theres a reason higher grade equipment exists, and for the most part the price you pay is justified. Usually people buy this higher grade equipment because it actually solves a concern they may have or adds value in some way. Its inevitable that you'll run into someone who bought the high grade stuff simply BECAUSE it was high grade stuff, those are usually the ones who will fill the examples above.

edit: Unfortunately forums make this problem worse. Most people who frequent forums are either noobs or die hards. I can guarantee you if you go to ANY forum on ANY type of equipment with different grade levels, youll see AT LEAST one noob getting flamed for buying the wrong kind of car speakers or watch or paintball gun or bike or gps or car or computer or phone or coffee or whatever else you can think of that has a forum associated with it

Last edited by offthahorse : 11-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.
offthahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM #34
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
If they're smashing noobs you aren't doing your job to balance teams probably. So in turn you're the reason why people don't come back to the sport. You are also now the reason why people hate teen ballers. Good going champ.
BOOM. Pwnt.

It is funny though, you'd think that we had a world of self sustained teenagers out there. I mean given the amount of registered users on here.

I just cannot fathom seeing a adult sneer down at a 16 y/o for anything other than him doing something he blatantly should not. Hell, sometimes I feel bad for the things I say on the internet and when I find out they're younger I'll tell them sorry. There is no reason for a adult to do that to anyone. With that being said, the fields a lot of you go to that adults or older men/women are looking down on you at, here's a tip, they're a bunch of pussies. No grown man messes w/ a 16 y/o kid.
__________________
NOBAMA

Last edited by rexisme : 11-15-2012 at 02:51 PM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM #35
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
I dont know why the issue of how these kids get their gear keeps getting brought up.... Where or how any person got their gear, whether it be themselves or their parents bought it for them, shouldnt even be in question and shouldnt matter.

Some people are more fortunate than others.... cry about it.

Its all about how you portray yourself on and off the field. I dont care if you busted your *** for all of your stuff, or if you got it all handed to you by mommy and daddy... it doesnt give you the right to act like a douche. If you paid for your stuff on your own, it doesnt make you any better than anyone else out there. You may personally feel self-rewarded by it, but if you think it gives you the right to act any different, you're sadly mistaken.
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia

Last edited by peacob : 11-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM #36
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
I dont know why the issue of how these kids get their gear keeps getting brought up.... Where or how any person got their gear, whether it be themselves or their parents bought it for them, shouldnt even be in question and shouldnt matter.

Some people are more fortunate than others.... cry about it.

Its all about how your portray yourself on and off the field. I dont care if you busted your *** for all of your stuff, or if you got it all handed to you by mommy and daddy... it doesnt give you the right to act like a douche. If you paid for your stuff on your own, it doesnt make you any better than anyone else out there. You may personally feel self-rewarded by it, but if you think it gives you the right to act any different, you're sadly mistaken.
/end thread
__________________
NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM #37
JohnSherman
 
 
JohnSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FTW View Post
I pointed it out to show that imdont spoil myself? Im not saying you do. Im just saying most adults hate on 16 year olds because we dont fund it.
I have never, ever heard anyone at any field I play at hate or sneer at some kid because of his gear. Not once in 4 years. Either you are playing at some really awful fields, or you are making this up. Either way, why are you turning to the internet for validation?
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM #38
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake
 
OHIO FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 50 Snake
OHIO FTW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
I have never, ever heard anyone at any field I play at hate or sneer at some kid because of his gear. Not once in 4 years. Either you are playing at some really awful fields, or you are making this up. Either way, why are you turning to the internet for validation?
Im turning to the internet for validation? Im not asking This as a question...I wrote this to give out MY opinion. The only reason i say i buy my gear and how teens get bashed on that reason is because i see it on nation and at fields ive been too. You must have some real saints playing at your field then..and they dont bash them for their gear, i clearly stated some get bashed when their parents buy it for them. Im saying there is nothing wrong with that

Last edited by OHIO FTW : 11-15-2012 at 05:24 PM.
OHIO FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM #39
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
Some adults are still psychologically 5 years old. It is not fun dealing with these types. I had a hard time interacting with these adult kids myself in my 20's. These adults love drama, and they like to make things harder than it is. Don't let their **** get to you. At all costs, DO NOT become friends with these people. They will destroy your life or bring you down to their level of stupidity. I say this from experience.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 AM #40
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake
 
OHIO FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 50 Snake
OHIO FTW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateean2 View Post
Theres a difference between thinking paintball is some lifestyle with which those who wear only the trendiest gear are the dopest ballers on the field, and thinking paintball is just a game with which to pass the time in a fun, honest manner.
Whats wrong with having some trendy gear? I wear some and i dont think im the "dopest" baller out there.
OHIO FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM #41
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FTW View Post
Whats wrong with having some trendy gear? I wear some and i dont think im the "dopest" baller out there.
He took that from my first post...
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM #42
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
No matter what activity anyone choses to participate in there will be "high end" gear and there will be mediocre gear.

The "high end" gear will usually always be the "trendy" gear as that is what the pro's will use. Everyone wants to be like their role model so they will want and if they have the means to they will purchase the "trendy" or as some would say "high end" gear.

In the younger age group it will not be cool to sport the mediocre gear because if "x" dont use it and uses -insert name brand here- it is the best gear out thus making any other brand of gear mediocre. That is why you see teens wearing "high end" gear. It happens in almost every sport. You dont see basketball players rocking shoes from wal-mart, at a high school basketball game you dont see the players rocking shoes from wal-mart either.

Then, you have the people who had parents that could not afford the "high end" gear for them when they were growing up. All they had was mediocre, they worked with what the had, and usually end up becoming the better player as they know how to fudge through screw ups because their mediocre gear was usually just that, mediocre.

Now, those people grow up, get good jobs because they strive for a better life. They buy all their "high end" gear that they didn't get as a kid. Then they look at other teens that are rocking it, realize how hard they had to work to get it, and get pissed. Thus, causing the "looking down on teens with high end gear."

Bottom line, if you had a ****ty childhood, dont take it out on the kid that has better stuff than you had or have. It is not his fault your parents were ****ing scrubs and did nothing with their lives. Maybe if your father would of wrapped his dick or paid more attention in school he could of gotten a better job.
__________________
NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump