PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM #1387
CobraXX
Klasic

Almost as cool as familiar bragging about how many push-ups he did. The number is impressive, but not one really cares. Kind of like how many times can you squat or deadlift your bodyweight...no one really cares. We'd rather know what your max is.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM #1388
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

That's not the point.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 PM #1389
CobraXX
Klasic

That's not your point, which I was in no way trying to add to.
Of course no one asks, "how many times can you bench your bw?"
And the guy missed the point of your original post which is why he responded with what he did. Not that confusing..it was clear he took your post the wrong way..
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM #1390
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbacuraflip22 View Post
That sucks.
I like that I have people around me that are really into lifting
I guess were all in the wrong thread.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM #1391
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
190-95ish

Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM #1392
CobraXX
Klasic

Lookin solid. One of the few people in here that I feel makes progresses aesthetics wise.

Last edited by CobraXX : 11-15-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Risky to makes...iPhone...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM #1393
URBANxFLOW

are you a wizard?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM #1394
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
Lookin solid. One of the few people in here that I feel makes progresses aesthetics wise.
dunno about that, but I agree it's solid progress. I can see improvements from the last pictures!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM #1395
kingbacuraflip22
Fking ANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDJ View Post
sounds like he was just trying to have a friendly competition with his coworkers, which seems reasonable. i think it's pretty obvious he doesn't train using only his bodyweight so i don't see any reason to hate. I'm sure he would agree that benching your bw doesnt give you any sort of "bragging rights" on the gym floor, but i dont think he needs that seeing as how he said he can bench 265+ for reps. the guy knows what he's doing and isn't reccomending benching your bw as a way of training - so let him do w/e he wants.

Although, it is still an achievement.
Bench pressing your own weight for reps is an indicator of muscle endurance.
Maxing out on a bench press is an indicator of strength.

Quote:
That's not your point, which I was in no way trying to add to.
Of course no one asks, "how many times can you bench your bw?"
And the guy missed the point of your original post which is why he responded with what he did. Not that confusing..it was clear he took your post the wrong way..
Yea, some people can only think one way or just mad lol.

The way I look at it, there are different levels of "fit".
You have:
-Power
-Strength
-Endurance/Muscle Endurance

If you don't know the difference/formula of each then I'm just wasting my time.

I lift/train to achieve all three. Olympic lifts, Plyos, strength, hypertrophy, conditioning, etc.

For example: Someone can bench press a max of ____ lbs., but can they also do 20+ reps of their own weight? Can that person also clean and jerk more than 1.5x their body weight or sprint quicker than a 4.3 on the 40yd dash AND be able complete a long distance run?

If you can do all of that for example then I applaud you

My current lifting stats and my physique speaks for itself. Don't start crying cause I said I can bench my body weight 39+ and rep out 265lbs @ 146lbs. I can easily max over 300lbs. I also rep out 125lb. dumbbells each side because my gym doesn't carry heavier dumbbells.

Anyway, here's a box jump I tried for the first time last month.

Last edited by kingbacuraflip22 : 11-15-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 PM #1396
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Ladies and gentlemen, your new king of ST:F

Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM #1397
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:

You have:
-Power
-Strength

I lift/train to achieve all three. Olympic lifts, Plyos, strength, hypertrophy, conditioning, etc.

For example: Someone can bench press a max of ____ lbs., but can they also do 20+ reps of their own weight? Can that person also clean and jerk more than 1.5x their body weight or sprint quicker than a 4.3 on the 40yd dash AND be able complete a long distance run?

My current lifting stats and my physique speaks for itself. Don't start crying cause I said I can bench my body weight 39+ and rep out 265lbs @ 146lbs. I can easily max over 300lbs. I also rep out 125lb. dumbbells each side because my gym doesn't carry heavier dumbbells.

Increasing maximal strength will improve hypertrophy, muscular endurance, and power.

EDIT: Please, continue to jump onto medicine balls. I'll wait for Darwinism to take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, your new king of ST:F

oh lawdy i lawl'd

It took me a second to get it, especially because I scrolled up from the bottom and saw that pic first, but then I lawl'd
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.

Last edited by black_angus : 11-15-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 PM #1398
tanner202

Fuark Lurk, dat avvy

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 PM #1399
kingbacuraflip22
Fking ANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Increasing maximal strength will improve hypertrophy, muscular endurance, and power.

EDIT: Please, continue to jump onto medicine balls. I'll wait for Darwinism to take over.

oh lawdy i lawl'd

It took me a second to get it, especially because I scrolled up from the bottom and saw that pic first, but then I lawl'd
No thanks. It's not something I do all the time. Maybe when I feel I have power and explosiveness in my legs I'll try a higher one.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 AM #1400
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Almost as cool as familiar bragging about how many push-ups he did.
I never bragged about how many push-ups I did. ***.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 AM #1401
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:

You have:
-Power
-Strength

Well done. When bping your bodyweight, I'm assuming consecutively? Or in terms of reps/sets until failure?

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 11-16-2012, 04:30 AM #1402
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Reps till failure fool.

Side note, no one runs a 4.3 in this thread and I highly doubt anyone runs a 4.4

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM #1403
FHS JewFro
black AND white

brb i run a 4.2

brb i graduated from ECU, and i've had a 2000 yard rushing season, yet i only show up to games when i want to now
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 AM #1404
CobraXX
Klasic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer View Post
Reps till failure fool.

Side note, no one runs a 4.3 in this thread and I highly doubt anyone runs a 4.4
Pelto is pretty fast..
I've never been clocked for a 40 but I did run a 6.5 60 yard dash without ever training for running or speed in my life.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM #1405
Smart Parts Player12

No one in here can come remotely close to a 4.3 lol. That is professional db/rb speed.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM #1406
CobraXX
Klasic

Bro...I can if I put my mind to it.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM #1407
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lol at this arguement

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Closed Thread