Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 AM #64
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
my tint on my windows is illegal. I've been pulled over once and was only given a warning. The lady cop that pulled me over told me that if I got pulled over by a state trooper they would make me scrape my tint off right then and there.

No one has bothered pulling me over since then, and i hope it remains that way because my car generally smells like pine sol
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM #65
Animal_Mother (Banned)
Kill 'em All
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Danger Close
What county was this in?
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM #66
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
paintballpimp092's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrdCorPntballa View Post
The one man had a dog and as soon as those ****ers whine or anything they believe that gives them the right to search. I basically was ****ed anyway
If you don't have drugs, the dog most likely won't alert on your car. I say most likely because the dog does make mistakes, but it's rare. As per case law, if the dog alerts on the car, they have PC to search your vehicle.

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time. You can tell them you no longer consent to search at any point and they legally have to stop searching your vehicle (if you gave them consent and they have no PC). Ask them if you're being detained and if you're free to leave.


In other words, lrn2civilrights
__________________
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God." - Matthew 5:9

FOR SALE: Mares Hybrid ProTec Scuba BCD

Last edited by paintballpimp092 : 11-14-2012 at 06:12 PM.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 PM #67
EmpireEmperor
 
 
EmpireEmperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpimp092 View Post

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time.
Indeed. Many people seem to think they have to comply with absolutely everything a police officer asks of them or they will be arrested. That's not the case. You're allowed to exercise your rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS View Post
The lady cop
Was she hot? Did you volunteer to search her cavities?
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM #68
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS
my tint on my windows is illegal. I've been pulled over once and was only given a warning. The lady cop that pulled me over told me that if I got pulled over by a state trooper they would make me scrape my tint off right then and there.
State troopers will make you scrape it off. Happened when I had a corrola. I've got stopped by a few smokeys with my truck and they don't even say anything about them. I feel like they give pick ups a lot more leeway than cars.

A New York smokey got me doing 97 in a 55 and let me off with a warning along with following me 12 miles out of his way to the jobsite I was going to.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM #69
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
paintballpimp092's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireEmperor View Post
Indeed. Many people seem to think they have to comply with absolutely everything a police officer asks of them or they will be arrested. That's not the case. You're allowed to exercise your rights.
Exactly.

You can't really get mad at someone and say they're "violating your rights" when you chose not to exercise said rights, and (in most cases, not this one particularly) weren't even aware they existed.
__________________
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God." - Matthew 5:9

FOR SALE: Mares Hybrid ProTec Scuba BCD
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 PM #70
stanknasty
just took a shower
 
stanknasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In The Belly of a Whale
stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
God i would hate to have to peel mine off on the spot. However i have yet to be pulled over for tint or when i have been pulled over nothing has been said. On top of it my windshield is tinted.
__________________
ILOVEMARYLAND
stanknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM #71
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanknasty
God i would hate to have to peel mine off on the spot. However i have yet to be pulled over for tint or when i have been pulled over nothing has been said. On top of it my windshield is tinted.
It's not fun. And I'm surprised around here it's almost an automatic stop for a tinted windshield other than a couple inch strip at the top.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM #72
Upinsmoke21
Billy teh "Tank"
 
Upinsmoke21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wisconsin
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpimp092 View Post
If you don't have drugs, the dog most likely won't alert on your car. I say most likely because the dog does make mistakes, but it's rare. As per case law, if the dog alerts on the car, they have PC to search your vehicle.

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time. You can tell them you no longer consent to search at any point and they legally have to stop searching your vehicle (if you gave them consent and they have no PC). Ask them if you're being detained and if you're free to leave.


In other words, lrn2civilrights
I like everything you posted. However, certain officers that have "their own" dog that they work with consistently do have signals that they can send the dog to "hit" on your vehicle. The dogs are most often trained in the German language as well.

As far as legal tints go, roll all of your windows down before the cop has the opportunity to have a close look at your car. Failure to roll your windows back up is not a crime... I know every can't roll their windows all the way down though.
__________________
Green GS Frostbite Bushy- AKA 2-Liter HPR with Medium locking extention, AKA SCM 2.0 LPR, 15* ASA, CCM Clamping No Rise, OTB 90* Trigger Frame, 2k4 Chaos Max Board, Vapor Valve, Modified Hammer and Ram Housing, Sir Stunna Lots wiring harness, 2 Piece Custom Products barrel

feedback
Upinsmoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM #73
stanknasty
just took a shower
 
stanknasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In The Belly of a Whale
stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
It's not fun. And I'm surprised around here it's almost an automatic stop for a tinted windshield other than a couple inch strip at the top.
last time i was stopped in VA for a radar detector the officer didnt say anything about any of my tint....its on a black car so that helps a lil and i am pretty good about rolling the front windows down.
__________________
ILOVEMARYLAND
stanknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 PM #74
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
You do know tints on back windows is completely legal. It's front windows and windshield that are illegal.

Also I've never heard of a car where the front windows don't roll all the way down.

As for cops hassling on tints, I'd say it really depends what they stop you for to start. My friend got pulled over by local police that were doing random stops and giving warnings/tickets for infractions. He stopped us specifically for tints, and did an outside search from the windows for open containers. He gave us a warning and sent us on our way.

Being respectful and courteous usually helps a good amount as well. Talking in proper English and not slang helps as well. No matter how rude or douchey a cop is which is common if you're in the backwoods with out of state plates, be respectful they'll usually go easier on you.

Don't be a Yankee in the south and get tagged by a smokey. No remorse is given.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM #75
stanknasty
just took a shower
 
stanknasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In The Belly of a Whale
stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
actually in the state of Maryland the back windows also have a limit on them..its 35% all around which is like nothing.
__________________
ILOVEMARYLAND
stanknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM #76
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Here in Wisconsin I've found that it helps to do a few things.

1) Speak regular English. Saying "Yo ni**a what yo problem wit ma car? It cause I'm black?" will not get you as far as saying "....Is there a problem officer?"

2) If you're polite you'll generally get off with minor to nonexistent complications, but if you're a dick the officer will do whatever it takes to piss you off. Trust me, down south in eastern Georgia/South Carolina, if an officer catches you with anything you're in for whatever they're capable of doing.
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM #77
Animal_Mother (Banned)
Kill 'em All
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Danger Close
Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 AM #78
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
. And swallowing
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM #79
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew
 
HrdCorPntballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: midwest
HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
What county was this in?
Columbia. Right by the portage cloverleaf deal
__________________
Me llamo Drew
HrdCorPntballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM #80
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew
 
HrdCorPntballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: midwest
HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upinsmoke21 View Post
I like everything you posted. However, certain officers that have "their own" dog that they work with consistently do have signals that they can send the dog to "hit" on your vehicle. The dogs are most often trained in the German language as well.

As far as legal tints go, roll all of your windows down before the cop has the opportunity to have a close look at your car. Failure to roll your windows back up is not a crime... I know every can't roll their windows all the way down though.
I usually would have my windows down but it was 27 degrees that day lmfao they'd probably pull me over to check my mental state hahaha
__________________
Me llamo Drew
HrdCorPntballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM #81
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew
 
HrdCorPntballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: midwest
HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Here in Wisconsin I've found that it helps to do a few things.

1) Speak regular English. Saying "Yo ni**a what yo problem wit ma car? It cause I'm black?" will not get you as far as saying "....Is there a problem officer?"

2) If you're polite you'll generally get off with minor to nonexistent complications, but if you're a dick the officer will do whatever it takes to piss you off. Trust me, down south in eastern Georgia/South Carolina, if an officer catches you with anything you're in for whatever they're capable of doing.
Lmfao thank you and I acted polite just as you said to. I was let off with a warning basically and never had to scrape my tint off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
Sounds like I don't need to go to Rice Lake anytime soon lmao Where are you from Animal?
__________________
Me llamo Drew
HrdCorPntballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM #82
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
Heh... Here's the funny thing, my encounters were in Radisson (used to live there), Eau Claire, Hayward (Used to live there), and Waterford. So, while Rice Lake isn't Whitewater, Whitewater isn't the rest of the state.

Last edited by aresfiend : 11-15-2012 at 10:51 AM.
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM #83
Mustang7302
has been here too long
 
Mustang7302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Mustang7302 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This is more than applicable:

__________________
Cars, Technology, and Stogies ... All the fine things in life.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump