Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 12:50 PM #1
verklin

Just got an impulse. Have a some questions

http://imgur.com/kJtMC
http://imgur.com/NcEsF
Hey guys,
Just bought this impulse and halo hopper on craigslist for $100.
did I get a good deal?
2.I know nothing about a impulse (took 5 years off always have been a cocker guy) what are some things I should know about the gun?
3.What year is this gun?
4.how do you adjust the velocity?
5.Is the horizontal max flo system good?
6.Am I gonna be able to hold me own with the new guns out their?
7.I also have an ion as well. What marker do you guys think is better impulse or ion. Havent been able to test the Imp fire yet but it is much heavier than the ion.
What are some good upgrades for the gun? Already have a barrel, drop forward and clamping feedneck.
Thanks guys for your help been a lurker for awhile,
verklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM #2
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1. you got a reasonable deal. fair price i'd say
2. they are really solid. If you kept a cocker running well you should never have an issue with it. its a poppit marker (like intimidators, egos, cyborgs and many others)
3. they dont really have years. they were very popular for a long time. it looks like its probably from somewhere in the middle. the early ones had lasering and the newest ones i believe ditched the horizontal maxflos.
4. you adjust the velocity with the max flo regulator.
5. they are good regs. they work well. they just arent the preferred front grip style most guns now have.
6. yep it should shoot well with good reliability and go as fast as any field will allow.
7. personal preference really. i have a couple ions and imps. i personally like the size and the shot of an ion more (i prefer spools to poppits generally). that said ions are finicky (mine are) and seem to have issues. my impulses never have any problems and are always reliable.
for upgrades anything NDZ made is good. any delrin bolt would be an upgrade from stock. it already has an NDZ or eclipse trigger. the clamping feedneck is a good idea. you wont be able to use the drop foreward with the maxflo unless you want your tank to hang like a foot down... most people would probably replace the maxflo and get a verticle asa and newer style reg, but i would just put the clamping feedneck and new barrel on it and see how you like it before you overhaul the whole thing.

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote