Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM #1
jtintner

Smile Hydrotest broke the threads question help

So I sent my tank in for its first every hydro test, (never had to do this before)
Got a note back from the shop I sent it to

"Ninja left me a message today about your tank. Sounds like the tanks internal threads were damaged when the reg was removed for testing. That happens a lot with PE tanks. Iím stopping there tomorrow for more details and will let you know.
"

What is the course of action here? Do I get screwed here or do they have to send me another one? I'm just trying to find some answers here and what the proper course of action is when they fail, I searched all over these forums and well they are just to overwhelming so I thought I'd pose it here.

Thanks for any help!
jtintner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
It depends on the damage. If the threads of the regulator got stuck in the bottle, then it can be removed. If the damage is to the threads, and Ninja declares it to be unsafe. Then you just have a paper weight.

trust ninja, and I hope it works out for
Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM #3
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
40bucks and they will slap a ninja reg on it

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:17 PM #4
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
40bucks and they will slap a ninja reg on it
Way to read there dude.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 PM #5
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintner View Post
So I sent my tank in for its first every hydro test, (never had to do this before)
Got a note back from the shop I sent it to

"Ninja left me a message today about your tank. Sounds like the tanks internal threads were damaged when the reg was removed for testing. That happens a lot with PE tanks. Iím stopping there tomorrow for more details and will let you know.
"

What is the course of action here? Do I get screwed here or do they have to send me another one? I'm just trying to find some answers here and what the proper course of action is when they fail, I searched all over these forums and well they are just to overwhelming so I thought I'd pose it here.

Thanks for any help!
If a tank fails hydro due to stripped threads, bottle damage, or the bottle expands past the REE point, the tank is then deemed unsafe and the bottle is condemned. There is no replacement option. Its a risk you take with all tanks when you get a bottle hydro tested, regardless of the manufacturer.

Sorry bud. This doesnt happen on a lot of bottles but its more frequent on the Pure Energy bottles we come across that were made overseas.

I talked to our tech who went to remove your reg and he said that part of the threads from your reg, upon removal, were still stuck inside the threads on the neck of your bottle. Unfortunately, when a bottle is made over in Asia, they LOVE to use loctite and when you use too much, these kind of problems can occur. Our tech even gauged the threads and there was no way to save your bottle.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM #6
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As much as this sucks I do give props to Ninja for going outside the box and helping you here as well as actually getting a real answer!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 PM #7
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvise View Post
As much as this sucks I do give props to Ninja for going outside the box and helping you here as well as actually getting a real answer!
And it's the safest thing to do for everyone. I hope you get a new tank, and get back to playing
Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 AM #8
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvise View Post
Seriously, I wish that just half of retail companies had this kind of customer help and support. Great Job Ninja!

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote