Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM #2
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The ego 11 is probably better.

It comes down to how you like the gun personally, parts wise the ego 11 is better.

Depending on the condition of the ego 08 it may be better to just get the 08.

I just picked one up for 260$ and it works flawlessly. However the stock board it very simple so you may want to upgrade it.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM #3
Orlando Gz
Gordillos

Orlando Gz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orlando Gz is for the Gunfight
Orlando Gz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Orlando Gz is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvise View Post
The ego 11 is probably better.

It comes down to how you like the gun personally, parts wise the ego 11 is better.

Depending on the condition of the ego 08 it may be better to just get the 08.

I just picked one up for 260$ and it works flawlessly. However the stock board it very simple so you may want to upgrade it.
Thanks man. Maybe i'll get the Ego8 it's cheaper and i guess it's almost the same thing.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM #4
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Gz View Post
Is the Ego8 better than the Ego11?
Or wich Ego is the best.?
Quote:
Thanks man. Maybe i'll get the Ego8 it's cheaper and i guess it's almost the same thing.
They're 3 years/models apart. Almost the same thing? Hardly. They've got the Ego name and heritage. Whats the differences?

Ego 11: Shaft 4 barrel (longer control bore), adjustable solenoid (one of the biggest advancements and popularity points), larger screen with color and e-portal capability, newer grips/frame grip (that don't ware near as fast as the 8), POPS asa, SL3 regulator (with angled fitting), Zick 2 ram, Cure 3+ bolt stock, even the feedneck has the thumbwheel adjuster.

Corresponding Ego8 parts: Shaft 3 barrel, no adjustable noid (which also could be damaged for those who screwed their grip screws in too far, along with QEV's which need to be replaced/cared for), smaller screen (no color/e portal), grips which would get worn down and needed replacement often, OOPS asa, Zick 1 rammer, Cure 1 bolt stock, no thumbwheel.

Theres a reason they are different prices and made at different times. If you're trying to use the excuse they are almost the same to save you money then sure. Many will argue and agree that the 11 is the Ego's best year.

If you need to save money, you can't go wrong with the Ego 8, its an excellent gun for the price. Sorry if this comes off as douchey, just trying to make a point the guns are not "almost the same".

Last edited by abenguyen : 11-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM #5
Orlando Gz
Gordillos

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
They're 3 years/models apart. Almost the same thing? Hardly. They've got the Ego name and heritage. Whats the differences?

Ego 11: Shaft 4 barrel (longer control bore), adjustable solenoid (one of the biggest advancements and popularity points), larger screen with color and e-portal capability, newer grips/frame grip (that don't ware near as fast as the 8), POPS asa, SL3 regulator (with angled fitting), Zick 2 ram, Cure 3+ bolt stock, even the feedneck has the thumbwheel adjuster.

Corresponding Ego8 parts: Shaft 3 barrel, no adjustable noid (which also could be damaged for those who screwed their grip screws in too far, along with QEV's which need to be replaced/cared for), smaller screen (no color/e portal), grips which would get worn down and needed replacement often, OOPS asa, Zick 1 rammer, Cure 1 bolt stock, no thumbwheel.

Theres a reason they are different prices and made at different times. If you're trying to use the excuse they are almost the same to save you money then sure. Many will argue and agree that the 11 is the Ego's best year.

If you need to save money, you can't go wrong with the Ego 8, its an excellent gun for the price. Sorry if this comes off as douchey, just trying to make a point the guns are not "almost the same".
This just changed my mind... Now i want an Ego11... And i have a question. My friend told me that the Ego13 is coming out, Is this true?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM #6
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
This just changed my mind... Now i want an Ego11... And i have a question. My friend told me that the Ego13 is coming out, Is this true?
lol. Honestly you can't go wrong with any year Ego, they're gonna work great. The 08 is actually preferred by many, its low cost and works everytime.

But I love my 11 and I don't plan to put it down or get rid of it anytime soon. As to rumors of the 13, that's all they are right now, rumors. I would not wait or expect for one to be released anytime soon. The prices for an 11 are awesome right now. Some as low as $650. Look into it, see what best fits your price range.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM #7
Orlando Gz
Gordillos

Quote:
lol. Honestly you can't go wrong with any year Ego, they're gonna work great. The 08 is actually preferred by many, its low cost and works everytime.

But I love my 11 and I don't plan to put it down or get rid of it anytime soon. As to rumors of the 13, that's all they are right now, rumors. I would not wait or expect for one to be released anytime soon. The prices for an 11 are awesome right now. Some as low as $650. Look into it, see what best fits your price range.
I'm looking for an Ego.. But i cant aford the Ego11 because i just bought an DM9 and i just wanted a new gun so i can play with my dad. Everyone talks about the Ego8 and the Ego11, Why is this.? Are the Ego9 and the Ego10 not good.?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:22 PM #8
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
I'm looking for an Ego.. But i cant aford the Ego11 because i just bought an DM9 and i just wanted a new gun so i can play with my dad. Everyone talks about the Ego8 and the Ego11, Why is this.? Are the Ego9 and the Ego10 not good.?
You could've saved up and got an 11 instead of buying that DM9. It's also a great gun but I'm not a fan of spool valves and how finicky they are. The Ego8 was an amazing year, it had improvements over the 7, had great ergonomics and was very popular. The 9 and 10 were also excellent. I've owned a 9, and two 10's before my 11 and they both performed perfect with no issues. The 8 has popularity because of it's price at the moment, its light, it's fast, and better than the 3 years before it in the price range. Like I said you can't go wrong with any Ego. What's your price range?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM #9
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
some will troll the 09 saying that its the worst out there, but planked it works as good as any other ego.
10 is similar to the 09 just the zick 2 difference really

try them if you can and make a choice based on what you like and see
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM #10
Orlando Gz
Gordillos

Quote:
You could've saved up and got an 11 instead of buying that DM9. It's also a great gun but I'm not a fan of spool valves and how finicky they are. The Ego8 was an amazing year, it had improvements over the 7, had great ergonomics and was very popular. The 9 and 10 were also excellent. I've owned a 9, and two 10's before my 11 and they both performed perfect with no issues. The 8 has popularity because of it's price at the moment, its light, it's fast, and better than the 3 years before it in the price range. Like I said you can't go wrong with any Ego. What's your price range?
I can go from 350 to 400...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 PM #11
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Gz
I can go from 350 to 400...
I would search a little, and you could probably find some 09's for 400. I wouldn't spend more than 350 for an 08.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM #12
Orlando Gz
Gordillos

Quote:
I would search a little, and you could probably find some 09's for 400. I wouldn't spend more than 350 for an 08.
Ok man. Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM #13
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
Ok man. Thanks