Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 AM #610
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by starshot44 View Post
As a Canadian - are you guys happy Obama won??
Hell ya I am man!! I get to pay for millions of people to get healthcare for free! I also get to pay for them to eat, sleep, watch tv, text on their iphone, and consume alcohol!

I am also glad we will cut military spending and bring the rest of our boys home. Unfortunately, my mom will now lose her job because of this. At least on the bright side my family still won't qualify for government aid, but we will just make 1/2 what we do now.

Definitely excited to be looking forward to starting to pay off our soon-to-be $24 trillion debt with our tax increases, but atleast middle class families will only be making a couple thousand less per year.

Also, I can't wait until businesses get taxed more and I lose my job due to private sector cut backs caused by less spending and uncertainties with the government to business relationship.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 AM #611
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Hell ya I am man!! I get to pay for millions of people to get healthcare for free! I also get to pay for them to eat, sleep, watch tv, text on their iphone, and consume alcohol!
Rest assured that actually other people will probably be paying for you.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL - Custom LAPCO 1-piece .681 14" barrel w/ 10" control bore! Awesome for PUMP (and semi too!) Sale!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 AM #612
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
I take more comfort in Romney losing than Obama winning.
There is quite a bit of truth in this, not the least reason for which is that Republicans still control the house, so they will do their best to **** everything up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
We've been over this before, I'm becoming concerned about your ability to acquire new information.
He has demonstrated almost no such ability.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL - Custom LAPCO 1-piece .681 14" barrel w/ 10" control bore! Awesome for PUMP (and semi too!) Sale!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM #613
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
I am mostly happy all the uneducated folks who claim the ACA is socialism will forget about it, and they will.

Funny how when you pay for others benefits in an inefficient, government subsidized manner and ask private hospitals to provide pro bono care, or it is absorbed by the taxpayer, its capitalism. Lol, just lol.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM #614
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
I am mostly happy all the uneducated folks who claim the ACA is socialism will forget about it, and they will.

Funny how when you pay for others benefits in an inefficient, government subsidized manner and ask private hospitals to provide pro bono care, or it is absorbed by the taxpayer, its capitalism. Lol, just lol.
many things are paid for by taxpayers (upper half of the country), so why add even more to that?
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM #615
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
taxpayers (upper half of the country)
Grow up.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL - Custom LAPCO 1-piece .681 14" barrel w/ 10" control bore! Awesome for PUMP (and semi too!) Sale!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 PM #616
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
But, but, but 47% don't pay taxes...
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM #617
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
But, but, but 47% don't pay taxes...
Glad to see someone on the left finally acknowledges this horrific percent.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM #618
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Mitt Romney got 47% of the vote.

Just saying.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 PM #619
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Glad to see someone on the left finally acknowledges this horrific percent.
Seriously, grow up.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL - Custom LAPCO 1-piece .681 14" barrel w/ 10" control bore! Awesome for PUMP (and semi too!) Sale!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM #620
marcozombie
 
 
marcozombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tejas!
...tapdancingChrist Bill Kristol! Why didn't you say this to your ilk months ago!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...he-first-time/


"You know what? It won’t kill the country if Republicans raise taxes a little bit on millionaires. It really won’t, I don’t think.

I don’t really understand why Republicans don’t take Obama’s offer to freeze taxes for everyone below $250,000. Make it $500,000, make it a million.

Really? The Republican party is gonna fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic, and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile to Republicans?"
__________________
I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.]-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799http://abaddoncomic.com/
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 PM #621
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
How about decreasing spending so you don't have to raise taxes in the first place? But that's obviously unrealistic since they don't know any better than to spend more than they take in.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 AM #622
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
...tapdancingChrist Bill Kristol! Why didn't you say this to your ilk months ago!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...he-first-time/


"You know what? It won’t kill the country if Republicans raise taxes a little bit on millionaires. It really won’t, I don’t think.

I don’t really understand why Republicans don’t take Obama’s offer to freeze taxes for everyone below $250,000. Make it $500,000, make it a million.

Really? The Republican party is gonna fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic, and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile to Republicans?"
Those millionaires and other making a decent amount of money are generally the ones who create well/decent paying stable jobs....

taxing and regulating them as much as u possibly can before they leave the country or outsource(more?) isn't exactly the right way to go.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 AM #623
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
How about decreasing spending so you don't have to raise taxes in the first place? But that's obviously unrealistic since they don't know any better than to spend more than they take in.
We're not raising taxes. We're letting a tax cut which was never paid for expire as it was written from the onset.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 AM #624
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Those millionaires and other making a decent amount of money are generally the ones who create well/decent paying stable jobs....

taxing and regulating them as much as u possibly can before they leave the country or outsource(more?) isn't exactly the right way to go.
This is wrong. What you're arguing is that the rich have large pools of savings which are converted into investments (hence the S=I identity) which raises our output ceiling. However, compared to other countries with more progressive taxation and/or less inequality, the U.S. generally has a lower level of aggregate savings.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 AM #625
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
We're not raising taxes. We're letting a tax cut which was never paid for expire as it was written from the onset.
Actually since the lower income tax cuts will stay in place, we are cutting taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Those millionaires and other making a decent amount of money are generally the ones who create well/decent paying stable jobs....

taxing and regulating them as much as u possibly can before they leave the country or outsource(more?) isn't exactly the right way to go.
Seriously? This has been debunked in this very forum repeatedly in threads I'm pretty sure you participated in. The upper class has done AWESOME over the last 30 years and now enjoy taxation near history lows, so where are the ****ing jobs?

Just because you wish something was true doesn't make it true. GROW UP.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK BARREL - Custom LAPCO 1-piece .681 14" barrel w/ 10" control bore! Awesome for PUMP (and semi too!) Sale!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices

Last edited by drgonzo : 11-14-2012 at 12:32 AM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 AM #626
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Actually since the lower income tax cuts will stay in place, we are cutting taxes.
Well there you go.

Also, in a perfect world, I would extend the bush tax cuts for everyone for a few more years until employment has fully recovered.

However I fear by that time they may be impossible to reverse.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM #627
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
companies rely on stock and investment. who do you think makes up the majority of stock and investment ownership for companies? It isn't millions of people owning 1-2 shares. We need to worry less about making people pay more and worry more about trying to spend less. Making people pay more isn't exactly going to help the deficit at all, but it will definitely make small businesses less likely to want to employ people if they are going to have to be paying more.


Article by Investor's Business Daily explains what I am trying to get at with my remarks: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...l-business.htm
__________________
STAY GOLD

Last edited by jamest91 : 11-14-2012 at 12:44 AM.
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM #628
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
The upper class has done AWESOME over the last 30 years and now enjoy taxation near history lows, so where are the ****ing jobs?
Obama has been too busy campaigning so he has been unable to make them.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 AM #629
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
He's been campaigning for 30 years? That's impressive.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM #630
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
companies rely on stock and investment. who do you think makes up the majority of stock and investment ownership for companies? It isn't millions of people owning 1-2 shares.
companies rely on a lump sum of savings for financing, whether it comes from the wealthy or middle class.

Quote:
Also, we have no clue what Obama is going to do with his 4 years. Let's wait and see what he does with taxes before assuming he is going to do exactly what he said he would. We need to worry less about making people pay more and worry more about trying to spend less.
http://www.econbrowser.com/archives/...rch_of_fi.html
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump