Element Paintball
is now FACTOR PAINTBALL

Annual Supporting Member
Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
Response to the new marker being an updated Angel.

Not hating..... never could afford one in the day, but WHERE ARE THEY NOW? I'd shoot colored dirt clods from a sling shot if is was top of the line. I have been through Etek, Ego, Geo, Smart Parts a few, Bob Long Vice and G6R, and still looking for perfect for me. I know the perfect marker fits the user so why did angel have so few "perfect fits" that they went outta business. Just saying...
Because they were made in the UK... until the A1. The A1 bit them in the ***.
A highly engineered and complicated product, produced by highly trained individuals on top of the line machines is a great idea. Taking that same product and moving production to China in order to keep up with the price wars from companies like Smart Parts has less than stellar results.

The Angel G7 Fly was one of the best markers ever built, but the almost total lack of US based technical support was a big turnoff for many people.

Also, Dynasty. I don't know what Smart Parts paid them, but when they stole Dynasty away from WDP, that really hurt their image. You still had a few pro teams shooting Angels, but at that time, if you didn't play for the boys in blue, you were an also ran. Everyone wanted to shoot what they were shooting, even if it was colored dirt clods from a slingshot.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM #842
RRalston21

RRalston21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RRalston21 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RRalston21 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Sick!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM #843
pbstar1792
SevenHundredThirtyFour

pbstar1792 plays in the PSP
pbstar1792 plays in the APPA D3 division
is it just me, or does it kind of look like the valken proton?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM #844
Pattertins

Pattertins owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pattertins has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pattertins has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pattertins has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cant wait for these to come out
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM #845
HLG Apocalyptic
Do a Barrell Roll!

HLG Apocalyptic supports Team VICIOUS
HLG Apocalyptic plays in the APPA beginner division
HLG Apocalyptic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1792 View Post
is it just me, or does it kind of look like the valken proton?
Not this again. Please.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM #846
yaaaaa

cool prototype
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM #847
cozmo5050
<3 brittle paint

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
cozmo5050 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cozmo5050 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Paintball View Post
A highly engineered and complicated product, produced by highly trained individuals on top of the line machines is a great idea. Taking that same product and moving production to China in order to keep up with the price wars from companies like Smart Parts has less than stellar results.

The Angel G7 Fly was one of the best markers ever built, but the almost total lack of US based technical support was a big turnoff for many people.

Also, Dynasty. I don't know what Smart Parts paid them, but when they stole Dynasty away from WDP, that really hurt their image. You still had a few pro teams shooting Angels, but at that time, if you didn't play for the boys in blue, you were an also ran. Everyone wanted to shoot what they were shooting, even if it was colored dirt clods from a slingshot.

PBN feedback

"business in the front, party in the back" --- Joe Dirt (2001)
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM #848
ArchAngelIon
desudesudesudesudesudesu

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

Dark IR3, shot money
Speed 04, bouncey as ****. Shot money.
Speed 5, Comfy and reliable. Loved that 45 frame.
G7, way ahead of its time.

Brand ****ing new A1:

Loose breach from the factory
leakey asa from the factory
Needed LPR tinkering that I couldn't get right
Chops, Chops ohh the chops!

I support Empire/Kee but if they made an Angel it would suffer the same issues of the A1 unless it was heavily simplified.

Segata Sanshiro
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM #849
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
I don't know about that. There was a major shift away from Angels in tournament paintball years before Dynasty went to Shockers. It was actually funny to see Dynasty still using Revys and Angels to win even after other teams had already shifted to faster guns and force fed hoppers.

In early 2002 the Intimidator really became the gun to shoot even though Dynasty didn't shoot Shockers until 2004.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM #850
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I bow to your knowledge. I really didn't know all that. In paintball for the being of the Angel Era and being transferred around in the military till after the end. A shame really.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM #851
TheREVYman
Throw Back Baller

TheREVYman plays in the PSP
TheREVYman plays in the APPA D4 division
TheREVYman supports Empire
Oops
PIG Paintball

Last edited by TheREVYman : 11-13-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM #852
joe_cash419
Joe_C

joe_cash419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joe_cash419 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoYeImPy View Post
Alot of companies where late to that party, its not new technology. There is a plethora of other "gas through grip" guns that are older than this tippman also.

900 years old and i bet it still shoots like butter.... those things were tanks
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM #853
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
They may have shot like a butter churner, but straight butter is a stretch for that hand cannon.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM #854
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post

Dark IR3, shot money
Speed 04, bouncey as ****. Shot money.
Speed 5, Comfy and reliable. Loved that 45 frame.
G7, way ahead of its time.

Brand ****ing new A1:

Loose breach from the factory
leakey asa from the factory
Needed LPR tinkering that I couldn't get right
Chops, Chops ohh the chops!

I support Empire/Kee but if they made an Angel it would suffer the same issues of the A1 unless it was heavily simplified.
all the issue had been fixed with the Angel Sb, to bad that angel one left so much of a bitter taste that it ended causing the company to close down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
I bow to your knowledge. I really didn't know all that. In paintball for the being of the Angel Era and being transferred around in the military till after the end. A shame really.
angel one was a good marker after all the issue has been resolve. angel Sb is a totally different beast.
My Marker Sale
FS- Vanguard Demon/Creed Solenoid-$90$Shipped and PP PM me for he condition.
FS- Vanguard Demon 2012 rebuild kit- includes Tackle box, all orings, gaskets, (2)QEV,Rechargeable battery, (2)Detents with spring-$80obo.

Last edited by xmc1146 : 11-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM #855
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146

all the issue had been fixed with the Angel Sb, to bad that angel one left so much of a bitter taste that it ended causing the company to close down.

angel one was a good marker after all the issue has been resolve. angel Sb is a totally different beast.
The Sb was angels crowning achievement and unfortunately too late of one at that. First run a1s where made in Korea I believe and their tolerances are off .....by alot.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM #856
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I don't know about that. There was a major shift away from Angels in tournament paintball years before Dynasty went to Shockers. It was actually funny to see Dynasty still using Revys and Angels to win even after other teams had already shifted to faster guns and force fed hoppers.

In early 2002 the Intimidator really became the gun to shoot even though Dynasty didn't shoot Shockers until 2004.
I also feel that WPD not having a reliable "eye" system around that time turned players away as well. I remember a member of Dyasty talking about removing the WDP boards and shoehorning in boards from other guns to they could shoot faster and break less paint. (I don't remembrer who it was and that was back right after the gen 2 Intimidators were released so take it with a grain of salt if you like).
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 PM #857
InZaneO

It looks like a luxe. Cant wait until they are out they look awesome.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 PM #858
ArchAngelIon
desudesudesudesudesudesu

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
The Sb was angels crowning achievement and unfortunately too late of one at that. First run a1s where made in Korea I believe and their tolerances are off .....by alot.
I had a first run. That explains it. I'm also going to call the A1 as the biggest paintball flop...ever?

If I ever stop buying dye guns maybe I'll snag an SB. Still, what killed angel is a combination of the epic fail of first gen A1 and Angel's reluctance to move to a new platform after recognizing a failure.

Angel only has a few diehard fans left, I doubt even a reinvented one would sell.

Segata Sanshiro
Old 11-13-2012, 07:20 PM #859
Pantalones
Scruggs

Pantalones owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pantalones supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan View Post
I also feel that WPD not having a reliable "eye" system around that time turned players away as well. I remember a member of Dyasty talking about removing the WDP boards and shoehorning in boards from other guns to they could shoot faster and break less paint. (I don't remembrer who it was and that was back right after the gen 2 Intimidators were released so take it with a grain of salt if you like).
I remember sending my 2k1 Fly LCD in to have a predator board and ACE installed. I feel old as dirt.

I had quite a few problems with my Angel before I had the ACE thrown in, and getting it worked on was a nightmare, not to mention very costly. I'm sure this turned off a lot of players as well.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM #860
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

This was right about the time I actually came in to the sport. Angels and 'Cockers were taking a back seat to Intimidators, Shockers and Impulses. They were still expensive and popular at the field, but when the first Dragon Timmy showed up at the field it really just didn't matter what anyone else had, everyone wanted to shoot it. The ECX and 2K2 were constantly being taken off the wall inside the shop because kids asked to hold them, but the LCD and IR3 just sat up there while people occasionally asked why they're so expensive and what makes them better than an Impulse.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM #861
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
I started the sport and seeing a DM6 and being blown away. Then again, I start I believe 2006-2007.

Closed Thread