Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 AM #1
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
now what am i supposed to do?

hey guys so about a month ago i got back into paintball with some friends we went and played at some semi legit field anyways now all my friends have quit just like that which leaves me f*cked! the closest legit field is half hour away, my gf has a car, so now what? should i go get a membership at this legit field and just play everyweekend alone with random kids at this place? let me know what you would do if you all of a sudden ended up the lonely pb player

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 AM #2
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

just realized i would be going on fridays which is byop so 40 for a case and 30 for entry does that sound right? damn this semi legit place is 15 entry and 30 a case.. so about 70 every week... lol

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 AM #3
mercerasian
Thai-Son Le

mercerasian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mercerasian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mercerasian plays in the APPA beginner division
Personally I ball almost every weekend regardless whether my friends come out to play too. I don't ever mind mixing it up with some renters/rec players on the urban field and sometimes I can convince them to play on the airball field too

Also, 40 for a case sounds right but $30 for entry definitely doesn't. My field is $40 for the cheapest paint they have and $15 for entry if you buy their paint, $20 if you BYOP. This is the field I play/ref at almost every weekend and they have a full 30 acres of woodsball and 2 PSP regulation size airball fields.
mercerasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 AM #4
IrishNinja6
US Air Force

Annual Supporting Member
IrishNinja6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
most fields offer some sort of membership package, usually covering field fees and air, and sometimes including paint discounts. look into that. also, play with strangers. its how you make friends

also, ive seen many fields do BYOP, and I assume by $40/case you mean you would buy it off site for that price, which means the field will make no money on your paint, thus explaining the upped entry fee.

My WTB list: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265

Last edited by IrishNinja6 : 11-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 AM #5
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I had a bunch of folks that I played with as a group and while it wasn't sudden, over time all of them stopped playing. It was a bit off-putting the first time or two I went solo (since I didn't want to stop), but I found it really wasn't a negative to go by myself as long as there were a reasonable number of folks playing. Sure, I had *more* fun on the times when my friends came, but I still had plenty of fun on my own.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 PM #6
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I go alone. Sometimes I like it that way honestly. Not saying there aren't regulars at the field, I enjoy mixing it up with them.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...

If you're going to be serious about paintball you'd better get used to player turnover. I've been playing for 20 years and NOBODY that I started with has kept playing. Even guys that I met and played with in my early 20s only lasted a few years. For some reason, people rarely stick with paintball. I guess they'd rather get fat sitting on their ***** watching football or something...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM #8
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Hey thanks for all the answers guys and yeah I guess that's true but it would be sick to maybe even have 1 friend you know? And I plan on going to the field alone, and yeah they charge 100 for a case of paint at the field which is ****ing rediculous

Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 PM #9
AllWowNoSham
Free Agent

AllWowNoSham plays in the APPA D5 division
AllWowNoSham has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Head out to a Dencent field with some tourny teams!!! Show off your skill maybe get recruited for the new season!
AllWowNoSham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM #10
venarius

has been a member for 10 years
Entry fee around here is right about 30, comes with rental and all day air if you need it.
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM #11
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

yeah their asking 30 for entry and 100 for a case which is retarded, anyways i think im going to go try out for a local team that does speedball/woodsball not sure yet though

Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 PM #12
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Here's the thing with going alone to the field, you ain't alone once you get there. If you regularly go to the same field it doesn't take long before you're friends with the entire staff, all the regulars, most of the occasional players, and eventually the once or twice a year crowd is coming up to you and going "hey, glad you could make it".

I did the team thing for a while. Careful, it can quickly turn "fun" into "work". And NEVER burn your bridges. A number of friends drove me crazy when they burned out on tournaments and I could never get them to go to the field because they "quit the sport".

It's a game, there's nothing to quit. Play ever week, once a month, twice a year, heck once a decade. It's all good. Imagine asking your buddy to meet you at the local bowling alley for some burgers, beers, and a game or two and he says "can't do it, I quit bowling".

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 AM #13
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
I had a bunch of folks that I played with as a group and while it wasn't sudden, over time all of them stopped playing. It was a bit off-putting the first time or two I went solo (since I didn't want to stop), but I found it really wasn't a negative to go by myself as long as there were a reasonable number of folks playing. Sure, I had *more* fun on the times when my friends came, but I still had plenty of fun on my own.
This.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM #14
Castro #66
Sniper Whisperer

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I've played alone more times than not. Just make friends at the field!

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM #15
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

That's a good analogy, "I quit bowling." My bro quit paintball, but I think it was because someone stole his angel. He kept slowly upgrading to a better and better marker by buying low and selling high. Eventually he thought he was going to get an excalibur trade for his angel to someone in Canada. The guy just sold his angel and never gave him the trade. That was when he technically quit. He bought another angel real cheap, played a couple of weeks on a sup airball field with it, then quit altogether when the city closed it down. He wasn't a bad player, I just believe he was tired of constantly repairing his marker when it broke down. Sending an angel to an airsmith costs money. I guess he was tired of maintaining expensive high end markers that went out of date in the next year.

If you play paintball, it's at the exclusion of everything else everyone does, like going to concerts, going out to eat, renting movies, buying new clothes and other bullcrap that doesn't really interest me. The other bro stopped doing cool guy **** altogether when he married. Also the last time he played I bunkered him. I think the sibling rivalry factor had something to do with the reason he quit, because he used to win against me most of the time. [I think secretly, he has the idea that he has to be better than me at everything. It is like when I am not humble enough to fail at trying something new until I can learn from it. It's easier to train alone, than to train with people, because you don't feel any peer pressure to be the best] My friend also moved away and didn't do too well in the last tournament we were in. He had these ideas about paintball that he didn't want to change.

I play on my own and learn quietly from my mistakes. I brag about my accomplishments online. Sometimes it is fun to go to a new field completely unknown, then leave at the end of the day with everyone trying to remember your face, never to come back again. Random people in stores and restaurants say, "I know that guy! He plays paintball." It's the only thing they remember me for, but I have no idea who they are. It makes me think I am going to get Alzheimer's disease.

Paintball has become cheaper to have higher end electronic markers. They all basically do the same thing. I can do the same thing with a dangerous power, mini, or blackheart, that I can do with an ego or dm12. I've told my brothers this, but they say they are not going into paintball again. Cost isn't really a factor now, because I have a scuba tank to play unlimited cheap outlaw games. I keep showing my bro cheap killer deals on craigslist, but he always says, I don't have any money right now. I've even told him the stories about easily taking out everyone at the field with a rental electric marker, but he doesn't care. I say, "Hey, it's my birthday, I will pay for you to paintball with me if you go." The answer is still no. His excuse was that it was too much work to get out there.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 11-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM #16
kaleclay2

kaleclay2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am a younger paintballer cant drive yet few years to young and I go out to my local field where its $24 to play and $50 a case. I go most weekends and if my friend that has his own stuff can come I go by my self and there is a guy there several years older than me that we hang out together and have fun
kaleclay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM #17
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont know about the prices because I dont the exchange rate if your talking canadian dollars.

I like playing at a field with strangers as much as playing with friends, partly because I get along pretty well. 30mins is not bad, alot of people, myself include wish we had a field that close.

Fields here charge about a $10 field fee, $10 for all day air and you have to buy 500 paintballs for $10. Granted thats US dollars. I am guessing your talking loons or whatever they use in canada so that sounds about right I think.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM #18
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Ah to be young....

I play paintball because I'm looking to do something that's not drinking at a bar with my friends. I enjoy golf but after scoring by lowest ever, I really can't "do any better" and it's the same game after awhile (driver, wedge on, 1 putt if I'm lucky). Most of my friends have moved to different cities and I only see them four times a year.

If I'm home, (I travel 2 to 3 weeks a month), I have very little time for me (wife, kid, house, family) so I'm looking for that sport that gives me that rush. At home here I play alone. I've met some good people on here that are much better than I and enjoy playing with. But as far as when I play at home, I usually play by myself.

I have a friends in Cinci OH, Philly PA, and Portland PA (hour from St. College). All have good fields near them. When we go out, Saturday is paintball day. We spend $50-$100 to play, which is what a night out at the bar used to cost. Its a good time but is no different than playing with strangers.

However I only play with friends maybe 4 to 6 times a year. The other 8 to 10 times I'm playing by myself.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 PM #19
Absently (Banned)
Gun Stands in Sig $13

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
yeah their asking 30 for entry and 100 for a case which is retarded, anyways i think im going to go try out for a local team that does speedball/woodsball not sure yet though
$100 a case?!!? Damnnnnn that's rucking crazy. Where I live you can almost get 3 cases for $100. Just buy online!
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 AM #20
h23vtec
daddylongdong

h23vtec owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
h23vtec has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i quit the first time that happened to me. just getting back into it but im not quitting this time, just too much fun.
fees are $20 at most fields i go to
h23vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 AM #21
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I live in Vermont. My closest field is 1.5 hours away where I go and play with random kids all the time. You are lucky!

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote