Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM #43
protoguy64

I have a 2011 rail,my field plays semi only and i could not get my trigger to walk at all so i put a iron man trigger on and it did not help much so i took D1PP1N ADVICE and took the spring out,and holly cr#p that did it ,now it walks the dog,THANKS-D1PP1N
protoguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 AM #44
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Gents,
I am a returning player from 10 yrs ago, Cockers were still the fastest guns around and Angels were just starting to show up. I still have my Cocker and picked another up for cheap for a back up. I love woodsball and scenario/ big games! I am looking at the Rail b/c I can get a new one for $250.
1) Durabilty, how durable is the Rail?
2) What for upgrades should I look at out of the gate?
3) how difficult are these markers to really to work on, I hear horror stories from the Planet Eclipse guys about o rings. Side note I service my cockers.
4) Any other advice you can offer I will take openly.
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM #45
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potluck View Post
Gents,
I am a returning player from 10 yrs ago, Cockers were still the fastest guns around and Angels were just starting to show up. I still have my Cocker and picked another up for cheap for a back up. I love woodsball and scenario/ big games! I am looking at the Rail b/c I can get a new one for $250.
1) Durabilty, how durable is the Rail?
2) What for upgrades should I look at out of the gate?
3) how difficult are these markers to really to work on, I hear horror stories from the Planet Eclipse guys about o rings. Side note I service my cockers.
4) Any other advice you can offer I will take openly.
Potluck,
I Run a field and store here in Georgia, and have seen a good bunch of these guns come through my facility. I've also been around 10+ years so i know where your coming from.

1. The rail is very durable. Dye really did a fantastic job on the composite frame learning from their short comings in the composite frames used in the SLG and older PMR's. Keep the bolt lubed up and the orings will last a long time. Letting them run dry is where you end up with leaks.
2. The stock barrel shoots okay, but I'd be quick to swap it with whatever barrel you have for your cocker, as its the same thread pattern
I would switch the stock asa to a bleed on/off as it will reduce wearing the tank reg threads tenfold. I have also seen a few customers with cracked stock feedneck collars from over tightening them. A lever lock feedneck is worht every penny IMO.

3. If you can rebuild a cocker and its high or low pressure regulator, then you can work on the rail. Just rememeber to not pinch the eye harness wires between the body and frame when reassembling. To be honest most of todays guns manuals make guns so much easier to work on and are damn near fool proof designs ( no way to put your bolt in upside down here LOL)
I would say its about the same if not easier to work on than Eclipse's ETHA.

4. DONT OVERTIGHTEN YOUR BARREL! new Dye proto guns have the self cleaning eye pipe and can be cracked from people cranking down their barrels.

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
smasher41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 PM #46
Potluck

smasher
Thank you for the update.
You are right barrel would probably the first upgrade I go for.
I watch a video on YouTube for paintball****** who stripped the gun in seconds seemed like the final sell to me.

Cheers
Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 AM #47
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
With a few exceptions, and issues you will have with a marker will be either user error or improper maintenance.

Lube the bolt with a thin amount of lube before each weekend that you play and you should be fine. Watch for any o-rings wearing over time (especially the bolt-sail o-ring, big red one on the thicker part of the bolt) and replace them as needed. If you properly lube the o-rings regularly then o-rings should last and 99% of the time you will notice a tiny leak if an o-ring is becoming too worn to seal well (or if you didn't lube it right).

Go to youtube and type in "2011 proto rail" and the "paintball tec hpb" <--- all one word will give you a good review and breakdown.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 AM #48
Potluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feloniousnick View Post
Go to youtube and type in "2011 proto rail" and the "paintball tec hpb" <--- all one word will give you a good review and breakdown.
That was the video I saw. After watching him break down & rebuild the marker in a matter minutes I felt comfortable with the marker.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 PM #49
DEWood79

Trigger

Is the critical trigger any better than the ironman blade ??
DEWood79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 PM #50
Valtyr

Valtyr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I had to adjust the trigger sensitivity on the board. I believe the factory default is 3 and I adjusted it up to 9 and that made all the difference for me.

I'm also coming from an Ego so I can relate and fully agree with the above posters statement about needing a little trigger time to get used to the frame/trigger. Shoots like a charm though. I'm very impressed with this marker.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 PM #51
Potluck

This marker is quiet! I just got mine and did the "smart" thing and unloaded a few hoppers in the basement. Quieter then my cockers.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 PM #52
Valtyr

Valtyr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It is very quiet, I put about 2600 balls through it a few days ago, shot good right out of the box.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 AM #53
Potluck

Word of caution, get a new battery I got 1000 rounds off of the original out of the box.
Also I was talking to a gun tech because of the price point a lot if kids or novice players get the marker so Dye makes it harder to work in so kids/ novices are not "working" on the gun giving Dye more problems to fix that are user error not mechanical failure.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 AM #54
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
Yea for some reason a lot of people say the battery out of the box doesn't last too long. Maybe a bad batch but always use a fresh new brand name battery like energizer or duracell.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM #55
white_comet

white_comet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white_comet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet supports DLX Technology
Got mine in April and i just replaced the battery. Roughly about 9-10 cases through it. Love it. Only thing i have added in is a DYE UL .688 back. The Proto back is actually lighter. BTW these guns are simple to work on. A little bit of maintenance after every use goes a LOOOOOONG WAY!
*\)\) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4015496
white_comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 PM #56
btl99

2012 reflex

Best spool IMO in its price class, but personally i would use the cash and buy something used.... (ego or DM)
I love my reflex, i have over 15 cases through mine and it holds up great... Mine doesnt have great efficency though. I use a freak barell kit so irdk whats up with that... but IMO 8/10
Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM #57
EAS_Spartan SRQ
Edge Army Spartans

Great guns might be all around best spoolie for the money for sure. But trigger wise its very adjustable i got mine where i like it finally but the stiffness comes from the micro swich spring not the useless spring that was just placed in their. This gun can hang in a tourney with the big guns too. Only upgrade i wld suggest wld be a barrel. Its not that the one that comes is bad cus its not its just in .690 so its a very generic size. Slap a freak on it and your golden. Only had one issue and its the eye pipe. 99% of the time its great but if someone shoots you down your barrel paint can get trapped between the pipe and the eyes. So i have learned to keep a can of aviation contact cleaner in my bag. Pull pipe out spray down the eyes and pipe, put it back together and rock on.
EAS_Spartan SRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 PM #58
ant1016

i have one and my bro in law has one as well and they shoot great! we put a virtue oled and critical trigger on it as well and let me tell u it ripps!!!!! i also have a maxed out mini, slg, 2011 rail, and ion and none compare! now the mini is probably my quietest but the reflex is just as smooth. and is more consistant.
ant1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM #59
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1016 View Post
i have one and my bro in law has one as well and they shoot great! we put a virtue oled and critical trigger on it as well and let me tell u it ripps!!!!! i also have a maxed out mini, slg, 2011 rail, and ion and none compare! now the mini is probably my quietest but the reflex is just as smooth. and is more consistant.

Thanks for this info i was breaking my head trying to find out.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 AM #60
DradenPB#10

DradenPB#10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DradenPB#10 plays in the APPA D5 division
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have 2011 reflex rail with an ironmen trigger. Awesome gun. Great for the price. Pm me if interested.
DradenPB#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM #61
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Anybody have issues using one in cold weather? I'm talking more of FSDO or bolt stick, not paint breaking. Really interested in a Reflex Rail, but not sure it'd work in the colder months.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM #62
ArchAngelIon
2/3rds a Lawyer

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Getting cold around here, back in the day when I played indoor (no heat) I used to use slick honey on my Matrices. I'm going to try that.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM #63
stuff21397

I'm pretty sure its identical to the 2011 and if so it must shoot pretty good because i have a 2011 rail.
stuff21397 is offline   Reply With Quote