PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 AM #1
METHORN

METHORN owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
METHORN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dm13 First Impressions.

So I suspect some of you guys are interested in the new dm13 well mine finally got here today, had to pay an arm and a leg and wheel and deal for it but i got it. Cant really compare it to anything as I have never played with its predisesior the 12 visualy it looks the same except for the windows are smaller. Feels great in the hands really comfortable like its meant to be there, packaging is still the same. I just got this today and have only just recently shot it so I really havent had time to play with it. Ill update this post as time goes on with a better opinion than this as I get to play with it and break it in a little bit more.
METHORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 PM #2
MITTER

MITTER has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MITTER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Keep us posted. I'm curious wether the bolts are any different from the dm12.

INNERDEMONS Bagdad, KY
MITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM #3
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITTER View Post
Keep us posted. I'm curious wether the bolts are any different from the dm12.
They are no different.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 AM #4
METHORN

well supposedly dye went in and has tweaked it, adding an extra 1-3 pods of efficency. Now I dont know how broken in the gun has to be before you start getting that extra couple shots. But I have a couple days off and i got to play with it today i was only averaging 9.5pods on my ninja 68/45 but I think its one of the most straight shooting Dms ever produced. But before you go out and play clean the bolt factory they over lube it and all thats going to go into the eyepipe and down that barrel and scre up the paint made the mistake of not foing that before i played today.;
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 AM #5
saintk

saintk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saintk posts videos on PbNation
saintk is an NCPA player
saintk plays in the APPA D4 division
saintk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i want to see an efficiency video for one of these. i heard a rumor they get the efficiency of an ego

Shenanigans '09-'10 #16 NYPL, WIPS
Utica Coalition '09-13 #16 NAPL
SUNY Oswego '10-? #16 NCPA

Sponsored by: G.I. Sportz, Understood
saintk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM #6
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
I don't think that will happen, but I would like to see an efficiency video and a playing video.

For me, it just seems like it looks bigger (I know they said it got smaller), but still.
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 PM #7
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
The layout of the DM valve system doesn't lend itself to efficiency so I'm really dubious about any ambitious efficiency claims. I'm sure it will shoot great (all well-tuned DM's do) but I think it's a huge letdown.

I'm not sure how many of you have handled the DAM or seen its bolt system but it's way ahead of the DM. Dye finally produces a marker without macrolines and creates an inline bolt/reg system that would allow them to put the DM bolt system into a ergonomic single tube body (think DM bolt in an NT) and it's on their ****ing tactical marker.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:26 PM #8
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
The layout of the DM valve system doesn't lend itself to efficiency so I'm really dubious about any ambitious efficiency claims. I'm sure it will shoot great (all well-tuned DM's do) but I think it's a huge letdown.

I'm not sure how many of you have handled the DAM or seen its bolt system but it's way ahead of the DM. Dye finally produces a marker without macrolines and creates an inline bolt/reg system that would allow them to put the DM bolt system into a ergonomic single tube body (think DM bolt in an NT) and it's on their ****ing tactical marker.
More than likely I'm wrong, but I like to think Dye was doing a test run experimenting with the concept of macroless designs and so happened it was going to have its maiden run in the DAM. Think of us like guinea pigs almost testing it for them. While like I said I'm probably so wrong in my conjecture, just an idea about why they included it in their new tactical gun that nobody was expecting.
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM #9
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
yeah, i was feeling the same thing, that dye put the new bolt system into the dam so that they could do a trial run. Give it to the woods ballers before you hand it to the speedballers who will be grinding these things with a case+ week in and week out.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 PM #10
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
The only problem I see with the macroless design in there is nowhere to put the board other than making a tray above the grip

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM #11
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Quote:
The only problem I see with the macroless design in there is nowhere to put the board other than making a tray above the grip
The Luxe, G6R, Victory, Clone GT and several others all have the board and an air passage run through the frame.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM #12
AustinTorset

AustinTorset is playing at Living Legends VI
AustinTorset owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AustinTorset has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AustinTorset supports DLX Technology
Yeah im looking at this the geo 3 and the luxe can't decide witch one. im waiting for a review of this gun to come out.
AustinTorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 PM #13
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.

Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Looking forward to an efficiency video. All internals are the same as the DM12 though.

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 AM #14
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Same marker as last year, so no difference what so ever.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 PM #15
battleXtar

Just had a short test run on my new DM13.. Had never shot a DM before, I feel Its very smooth & quite & very accurate even with "economy" quality paint straight out from the box, but fps consistency still need to be determine after gun has run in.

I find that when DM13 is shooting, there is a puff of air from the back cap, & there is a metal "ting" sounds every shot at the backcap area.... If its no difference to DM12, is this normal??
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM #16
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleXtar View Post
Just had a short test run on my new DM13.. Had never shot a DM before, I feel Its very smooth & quite & very accurate even with "economy" quality paint straight out from the box, but fps consistency still need to be determine after gun has run in.

I find that when DM13 is shooting, there is a puff of air from the back cap, & there is a metal "ting" sounds every shot at the backcap area.... If its no difference to DM12, is this normal??
Shouldnt really be puffing air out the backcap.. it would mean that u need to replace the two tail orange orings. it will fix the problem even tho your gun is new.. things happen.. could also mean it's not lubed enough back there

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:46 AM #17
METHORN

So I think ive put about 10 cases into my dm ive been doing alot of messing around in the woods with this before it snows, but i thought id give you guys a status update im just now starting to get into 10 pods off my 68/45 when i started playing with this i was getting about 8.5 pods and then slowly 9 then 9.5 and now im breaking into 10 pods so i deffinatly think the claim about how this dm is supposedly to be a bit more efficent true. But the last dm i shot was the 9 but i think this is deffinantly a more compact dm. However not to much smaller to be noticeable from the 12 to 13. But moving to the dam and it being a test platform for a macroless plateform. I highly doubt that being Pete was the one who went to dye requesting something like this be created, putting the reg and bolt in the space and the airlines run through the frame just keep the weight down on the dam. If dye where to create a macroless dm or nt theyd loose the reliabilty that dye has come to be known as theyd have to redesign the air pathways.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 PM #18
Banditdm5
atomic front man

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleXtar

Mine does the same thing and I was wondering if that was normal. I know my dm1/ didn't do that. The air efficiency was only 4 pods for me running a 45/45. I had a fill up to 4000 psi. I will be using my 68/45 next time I go out so ill post what I get off of it. This was straight out the box and I didn't chrono.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM #19
wesr

The ringing and puff of air is happening because your lpr is set too high try turning it down a bit and the ting should go away. There will always be a little puff. But shouldn't be anything major
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM #20
yaaaaa

i dont like that they dropped the dm12 price i have one and im kinda pissed that now i cant sell it for as much typical dye
yaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote